Everything Barenia Faubourg

I know it can be confusing with different leathers called similar names, but this thread is for Barenia Faubourg only.

For the original (smooth) Barenia please post here:

Reactions: mmvv22
I hear what you are saying but it with “scratch” very very easily. It looks like a variation but that variation will spread with use and will continue to develop until the patina is all over. BF or smooth barenia won’t be uniform looking unless it’s completely untouched.
That makes sense, that actually makes me wonder if the “marks” started to develop even when the leather was handled by the artisan while making the bag!

I finally got my BF mini Roulis today from my personal shopper!!! This is the first time I’m touching and seeing this leather IRL and I’m still kinda mesmerized by it. It’s so different from leather from other brands or even my evercolor Halzan lol! It has this subtle scent that smells so good (I’m addicted to leather scent lol!). And the leather texture is so…..organic and the color has depth and not flat. In fact, when the PS sent me photos I noticed this “scratch” and now that I have it in person and I’m inspecting that “scratch” under different lighting and angle and I’m not even sure if that’s actually a scratch…it’s more like a natural irregularity (“birthmark”) that’s part of this leather?? Do your BF bags have irregularities like mine too, like it looks like a scratch but up close you can tell the surface isn’t damaged and there are variations in the color. Anyway, here are so pics, don’t know if you can see the mark I’m describing.

View attachment 5636504

View attachment 5636505

View attachment 5636506

View attachment 5636507
beautiful!! congrates...that stitching is so beautiful

Reactions: hikarupanda
Waited for over a year and a half and finally she is here. Last Thursday, my dear SA told me that finally my long requested Barenia B30 is coming in - but it is not the smooth natural Barenia that I was originally hoping for. Miss BB only got into the store this morning and I got in to see her in the afternoon about 3 hours later. My SA laughed when we got into the dressing room to open the plastic wrap of the orange box, and said I look so excited that it was like my first quota bag offer ever.

Well, this is my first Birkin ever (still a Kelly sellier girl), and she is much more beautiful than any other Birkin I have ever seen/was offered before, even though she was not smooth like I originally imagined. The grain actually gives her some nice texture so yes, yes, yes!! The smell of this leather and the color, simply divine!

Thank you for letting me share~ my holy trinity in gold is now complete.

20221110_000227.jpg

20221110_000530.jpg

Hi, I was wondering if anybody was having the same issues with their BF. The embossed "Hermes Paris Made in France" on my BF in ebene is not deep enough. I don't know if it's normal. Purchased this on the second hand market, but I don't remember the embossment being this shallow. I did rub the area a quite bit when I was trying to get a scratch out in that area. I don't if I've done irreparable damage to my BF. It's so shallow my camera's not picking it up. I can only see it if it's under contrast lighting and I have flashlight shining on it. Super sad right now.

Last edited:
Hi, I was wondering if anybody was having the same issues with their BF. The embossed "Hermes Paris Made in France" on my BF in ebene is not deep enough. I don't know if it's normal. Purchased this on the second hand market, but I don't remember the embossment being this shallow. I did rub the area a quite bit when I was trying to get a scratch out in that area. I don't if I've done irreparable damage to my BF. It's so shallow my camera's not picking it up. I can only see it if it's under contrast lighting and I have flashlight shining on it. Super sad right now.
Have you had the bag authenticated?
If yes by a reputable source I would suggest you take it to the boutique.
I'm sure there is some variant on depth of the embossing (just as the foil stamping can vary) but it shouldn't disappear

Hi all! I am new here and hope I am posting at the right place. I want to cross reference this Barenia Faubourg information with you BF lovers.
-How do you maintain the “cloudiness” on the leather (not referring to patina)? Do you wipe it off with a dry clean cotton towel? Or would you let it wear off over time (I hope)?
-The BF fragrance is not as strong as store fresh after a couple years. I assumed that is natural and normal. Can you share your experience? Thank you.2FE833C2-64A7-4FCA-8D07-3FDF84C410BA.jpeg

Hi all! I am new here and hope I am posting at the right place. I want to cross reference this Barenia Faubourg information with you BF lovers.
-How do you maintain the “cloudiness” on the leather (not referring to patina)? Do you wipe it off with a dry clean cotton towel? Or would you let it wear off over time (I hope)?
-The BF fragrance is not as strong as store fresh after a couple years. I assumed that is natural and normal. Can you share your experience? Thank you.View attachment 5654258
Beautiful bag!
Mine B35 gets this white cloudiness and I understand it’s the oils coming to the surface. Following the advice of others on this forum I use a hairdryer on low heat and at a medium distance just to warm the leather. The oils melt and reabsorb and go right away! It’s quite miraculous.

Beautiful bag!
Mine B35 gets this white cloudiness and I understand it’s the oils coming to the surface. Following the advice of others on this forum I use a hairdryer on low heat and at a medium distance just to warm the leather. The oils melt and reabsorb and go right away! It’s quite miraculous.
Is it bad to leave the bag alone or should we be trying to have these oils reabsorbed?

Beautiful bag!
@BreezyE Ditto to @TeeCee77 ’s comments. Teecee and I got our BF’s at the same time. I have not seen this with mine so far but I do know that the light warmth from a hair dryer (far away and not up close to the spot) will take care of it. That’s the beauty of NF. Enjoy your beautiful bag and post your success story to this thread

-The BF fragrance is not as strong as store fresh after a couple years. I assumed that is natural and normal. Can you share your experience? Thank you.View attachment 5654258
You can also search (magnifying icon on the upper right corner)
white bloom barenia

one older post #3 from @CobaltBlu referenced simply using the bag will eventually work the oils back. . . Otherwise rubbing it gently :smile:

@docrides Lazarus thread can also be a useful place to ask questions

Reactions: nymeria and BreezyE
Beautiful bag!
Thank you It works beautifully. And, the fragrant was so vibrant in the process.

Reactions: TeeCee77