Everything Barenia Faubourg

I know it can be confusing with different leathers called similar names, but this thread is for Barenia Faubourg only.

For the original (smooth) Barenia please post here:

Reactions: mmvv22
Picked up this B35 beauty last weekend and I love it! Thanks to this group for calming what little nerves I initially had about this amazing leather!

View attachment 5754453
You will be so happy with this bag! I was caught in a serious rain storm last weekend carrying my B and within 20 mins of being inside all of the water marks dried with no stain!

You will be so happy with this bag! I was caught in a serious rain storm last weekend carrying my B and within 20 mins of being inside all of the water marks dried with no stain!
Not sure if it was you that posted pics but I recall seeing photos of someone who got caught in the rain and was amazed at how quickly the bag dried and with no water marks or stains! I mean, this leather is magic!

Totally agree what wannaprada said. I know a lot of people are going to come after me for this. I deliberately sprinkled water on my BFF waited for a couple of hours and all the water had dried up. when I say sprinkle it was more than that lol. I am going to admit I was nervous and constantly thought " here goes thousands of dollars if this experiment failed" all in all, fauvborg is pretty water resistant than I thought it was

Hello everyone! I’m looking to get my first Hermes bag and found a seller letting go of her Halzan 31 in Fauve Barenia Faubourg. It looks to be in beautiful shape but there’s a very visible blue pen ink stain on the front flap. She suggested taking it to a leather repair store (curiously she did not mention sending it to the Hermes spa), but I’m cautious about having it painted or dyed over.

Does anyone have experience dealing with a similar situation or know if this is something the Hermes spa can help? I checked with my local store but they said only the artisans can say.

Sorry if this has been gone over – I checked this forum for a bit but couldn’t seem to find an answer. If there is, I would be super grateful if anyone could point me to it. Thanks very much in advance!

Hello everyone! I’m looking to get my first Hermes bag and found a seller letting go of her Halzan 31 in Fauve Barenia Faubourg. It looks to be in beautiful shape but there’s a very visible blue pen ink stain on the front flap. She suggested taking it to a leather repair store (curiously she did not mention sending it to the Hermes spa), but I’m cautious about having it painted or dyed over.

Does anyone have experience dealing with a similar situation or know if this is something the Hermes spa can help? I checked with my local store but they said only the artisans can say.

Sorry if this has been gone over – I checked this forum for a bit but couldn’t seem to find an answer. If there is, I would be super grateful if anyone could point me to it. Thanks very much in advance!
Take a look here:

For me that would be a no. Has she sent the item to a third party leather care service? Hermes won’t repair bags that have had any outside Hermes care.

There are some threads on this (such as this) but as someone who has dealt with ink on bags, there is NO guarantee this can be removed, and with BF not being a sealed leather, I would be very careful.
Also, BF Fauve is a natural leather so it's not dyed per se - not like a black bag where you could color it over. If you cannot live with the mark/ it is not priced accordingly, I would wait....your dream bag will come.

Reactions: bagnut1

I believe experts here have stated that ink is almost impossible if it’s an older stain that is set

Take a look here:
I believe experts here have stated that ink is almost impossible if it’s an older stain that is set
Thanks so much for the links! She said it happened quite some time back so I believe it has already been well set.

For me that would be a no. Has she sent the item to a third party leather care service? Hermes won’t repair bags that have had any outside Hermes care.
I asked her about this specifically after she recommended the leather repair and she said no. But I’m not able to see the bag in person before buying so will have to take her word for it.

There are some threads on this (such as this) but as someone who has dealt with ink on bags, there is NO guarantee this can be removed, and with BF not being a sealed leather, I would be very careful.
Also, BF Fauve is a natural leather so it's not dyed per se - not like a black bag where you could color it over. If you cannot live with the mark/ it is not priced accordingly, I would wait....your dream bag will come.
Thank you for the link! I think I will pass on this after all. It’s on quite a prominent spot and she doesn’t seem keen to negotiate on the price.

———
Many thanks everyone for your help! I’m ready to pass and wait for my dream bag :smile: