Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2019 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first gavroche (I actually bought it for my daughter, but ended up keeping it) was Savana Dance.
View attachment 4303029

The first twilly that I bought was Mythiques Phoenix Coloriage but I gave it away, so the first one that I actually kept was Jeu de Cartes.
View attachment 4303033

The first I settled for were Cavaliers de Nuages and Decoupages. Great designs but would still love to own more vibrant, brighter CWs
View attachment 4303027 View attachment 4303032

The first one that I remember I gasped when I saw it was Sichuan. The rich colors and details are so amazing in this one that they cannot be captured accurately in pictures. This was also my first design by Robert Dallet and I was amazed at the beauty and mastery of the illustration. Still am...
View attachment 4303030 View attachment 4303028
Pretty cw for your SD gavroche!

Reactions: Living.la.vida.fifi
My first gavroche was Festival des Amazones. I now have zillions of gavs, but this one is still a favorite.
9594a63039c3fb1aa13c3827aebfb4d4.jpg
514f667e2f896e8dc29efb586bcef3e9.jpg
8b9e0efc2c8e28d61b2eb838d39e7cc9.jpg
d076799dc4f7ded5a49b037f17c1e9d2.jpg

Notice my homage to @bunnycat in the last photo.
It looks like a different gavroche, moma, depending on how you knotted it and what colour top you wore! And now am intrigued by the phrase "zillions of gavs!" ;)

And @hermesguy, TPFers write B/K/C to mean Birkin, Kelly, or Constance (as @Julide said).

My first jacquard (and only one currently) is Amours:
View attachment 4299689

And the first (and so far only) time I ever knowingly and willfully pursued a design in the same format with different colors ways.... my beloved Jaguar Quetzal...

1st JQ

View attachment 4299691

and the oopsie I had to have a repeat purple one...

View attachment 4299690
You look so beautiful, bunnycat!

Ahhh, I’m dying to get caught up on this thread but I need to work. I love the theme for this week - all the wonderful stories about our firsts are a treat to read. I’ll come back later tonight but in the meantime, I’ve just acquired my first seasonal scarf: De Passage a Moscou. I wanted something wintery but not Xmassy. Plus Moscow is on my bucket list so when I came upon this beauty, I couldn’t resist. It ties so well!
d8ac66f6837949018107dfe87a169574.jpg

7690569e60ec97e30d42ee268f405e2c.jpg

Will post more pics in the grail thread tonight.
Twins on that, I also have the taupe one. Congrats Joanna!

my very first Gavroche
when i first saw Noel, and started searching for it, this one popped up from a Japanese Seller on evil bay, how little i knew back then! i was not prepared for it to be SO small, i was not aware what it cost and what was a fair price, but i wanted Noel so badly that nothing really mattered! i didn't know how to wear it at first :biggrin:
thanks for all inspirational pics and know-how guidance to all in general and @bunnycat in particular, our guru of small formats :ty:
wearing mine with the horsebit ring today
This is a cutie, ksuromax!

My first CSGM, Mors à la Connétable. Out of all my scarves this is the one that I treat with the most irreverence. It gets chucked in bags, was used as a blanket on the Trans-Siberian, tends to lie around my car and regularly gets caught in the rain and yet it still looks pretty good. It is my real workhorse scarf.
Talking of Mors, after my Panthera pic I realised I haven't seen my Mors ring for a few months. Hunted and hunted last night but can't find it anywhere. [emoji43]View attachment 4300459
Hello twin!

This is my newest treasure! It's this season's Sieste au Paradis 140 and the first and only silk plume (aka summer silk or parachute silk) I've acquired. View attachment 4301335
Splendid, FugitiveRouge!

So, here's my first moussie on her maiden voyage! DuJA :heart:
Truly dreamy, my dear!

Loving all your pictures !!
I wish i had more time to share all my firsts too !! For now, i’ll share my SOTD
Got it in the Paris sale last night [emoji39]
And shown with the new-to-me raisin Victoria i have finally just received !

6e674cc1b84a84aa222e06c059cc84f8.jpg
cdc6a20a3be50a3fcda7184f9377a67d.jpg
5ff0fd7738d099768025b4ba662efe35.jpg
Congrats on your wonderful find at the sale, dublineuse! Perfection with your Victoria!

Actual SOTD. This morning was so foggy! Felt like wearing gray.
My first fish themed scarf- Grand fonds
View attachment 4301858
So pretty tied with your cardi, Scarf!

First 140 - Luna Park moussie
View attachment 4301867
First dip-dye - Aloha
View attachment 4301868
First time I bought a replacement scarf except this time in moussie - Ciels Byzantins
View attachment 4301869
First scarf that made me gasp - Tourbillon
View attachment 4301870
All so pretty, Cookie!

Wearing one of my favorite scarves, dans un jardin anglais today. This CW was difficult to find. I love the colors.
View attachment 4302021
Now that's so gorgeous together, art noveau. Love turquoise too, post more!

My SOTE (...of the evening) is Etude pour une Parure de Gala
View attachment 4302050
Twinsies, so lovely tied fifi!

Quick selfie from the office today. My first CSGM. I was so thrilled to see it in the drawers at the Vancouver, Canada store in November 2018 that I literally squealed. I felt a little embarrassed afterwards by my over the top reaction, but quickly got over it after I got it home, rubbed my face in that glorious cashmere, and did a happy dance. View attachment 4302419
It's so fluffy! (And now I'm a little horrified that that it seems reasonable to buy $1,000 shawls... Because I want more!)
Congrats on your first CSGM, more to come, of course, FugitiveRouge!

Wearing Tresor Royal du Benin today - a scarf that has meant so much more to me since I discovered that most of my DNA is from Benin and Togo. :love::love::love:
View attachment 4302432
Then it was esp. made for you, dooneybaby! Beautiful colours btw!

What a marvelous week of posts! Interesting to see the firsts for everyone. I’ve a few to share...

First store bought mousseline, Litteratures by AM Cassandre, who also BTW designed the reissue of Perspectives
View attachment 4302502
View attachment 4302505
First 90 twill and trip to H boutique with former employer who is an avid H collector..Pavois
View attachment 4302503
View attachment 4302504
First Limited Edition silks HxComme de Garcon
View attachment 4302507
First vintage jacquard purchased on he Bay, Daimyo
View attachment 4302501

First mousseline purchase abroad during GreekExit crisis...Dans un Jardin Anglais
View attachment 4302506
And what I am wearing today. First Ardmore Artist silk Savannah Dance.

View attachment 4302508
Beautiful, lanit!

I love this week's theme and scarf stories. Sorry I don't post as much as I'd like to, but I really wanted to join this week.

My first ever H scarf was Promenade de Longchamps. I bought it in London thirty years ago when I was a student, for 150 GBP. A few years later I bought my first gavroche Brides de Gala. The Promenade travelled the world with me- I used it as a head covering when traveling in the middle east or when entering old European churches. I took a long break from scarf buying until 2008, then started back up with Selle d'Apparat Marocaine and a couple of Les Capucine gavs (one of which was my first moussie). My first CSGM was Zebra Pegasus. It's also the first scarf I have in multiple formats- 45cm, 90cm, CSGM and maxi twilly.

The Promenade ended up with stains and colour runs to the point that it became unusable, but I couldn't let go of it. A couple of years ago I took it into the Hermesmatic pop up and they dyed both the PdL and BdG pink. The Promenade is now my travel pillow cover instead of taking a pillow case with me.

First seasonal- L'anee du serpent (my year)
First scarf I bought on the bay because of the story but had to let go because the c/w didn't work for me- La Femme
1st DD- BdG
1st 70- Gaucho
1st scarf that is older than me- Armenonville
First scarf of the new season is Sieste (posted in SS19 thread)
Pretty, festus! Twins on the Semelles!

First Annie Faivre - Jardins d’Hiver
View attachment 4302645
First Hugo Grygkar - Les Bles [emoji173]️
View attachment 4302646
First Toutsy (LB) - Flamingo Party
View attachment 4302647
Wearing today - Tourbillon
View attachment 4302648
All fabs, Cookie!

Hi, all! This is the first scarf I bought (online) in 2019 — Annie Faivre’s Gardiens Des Arbres, a cotton 70. View attachment 4302750
Very nice cotton, congrats Anna!

There are so many beautiful firsts here with some touching stores too. Thank you for sharing these amazing stories!!:flowers: No first for me today, but I am wearing ClF using the Bova knot to make the bunnycat asymmetrical cowboy!:P Thank you ladies for all your ideas and amazing tutorals! Have a great day!:flowers:
Classy, Julide!

My first gavroche was Festival des Amazones. I now have zillions of gavs, but this one is still a favorite.
9594a63039c3fb1aa13c3827aebfb4d4.jpg
514f667e2f896e8dc29efb586bcef3e9.jpg
8b9e0efc2c8e28d61b2eb838d39e7cc9.jpg
d076799dc4f7ded5a49b037f17c1e9d2.jpg

Notice my homage to @bunnycat in the last photo.
I love this hot pink on you, my dear, and thanks for your inspiration to find one for me!

I watched a short film on H scarf manufacturing Jan ‘18 ( and we all know how that story ended). I love to research the designs and as an art historian I love the multiple levels of references in most designs. Much of my collection is “firsts” but I’ll tie to the first time I went to a perfume bottle association conference, I got to wear all my pre-loved ‘qu’importe le flacon’ CW that weekend, multiple times, in different configurations. The best part was that I got to see, and hold, real life examples of most of the bottles in the design.
OMG, Iflola, I admire your flacon collex ... I'm a collector as well. Magnificent pieces!!!

My first large format 140 cm was On a Summer's Day. I liked the 90 cm design, but didn't love it. But at this scale, it just clicked for me. It's casual, modern, and goes with almost everything I own. I think I've worn it about 20 times since I bought it in September.
View attachment 4303166
Very modern chic on you, FugitiveRouge!

I watched a short film on H scarf manufacturing Jan ‘18 ( and we all know how that story ended). I love to research the designs and as an art historian I love the multiple levels of references in most designs. Much of my collection is “firsts” but I’ll tie to the first time I went to a perfume bottle association conference, I got to wear all my pre-loved ‘qu’importe le flacon’ CW that weekend, multiple times, in different configurations. The best part was that I got to see, and hold, real life examples of most of the bottles in the design.

That must have been fun [emoji106]

Reactions: Iflola
My first evilBay purchase - Roues de Canon. Sadly, I rubbed a thin patch into it whilst washing it - a lesson learned indeed!
On another note, I didn't find my Mors ring. I think it has gone forever. Every pocket, bag, drawer, box, nook and cranny has been searched. I must have lost it whilst out. I went online to get another one and keeled over at how much they have gone up by in just a couple of years. Needs must however......[emoji23]
IMG_20180315_081308__01.jpg

Gorgeous! we are twins on the yellow one!

Reactions: Iflola
Very cool!

Not my first, I have so many firsts, but my last find from yesterday: the black SEMELLES

View attachment 4303231
I was hoping we would hear from you - I would love to know what was your very first H scarf.
But this !!!!!! I have seen this scarf IRL and I can only offer my hugest congratulations. It is a really magnificent piece. The subtle colors are to die for.

I can only imagine - the 90’s are marvelously scrumptious... a GM in dip-dye might make me truly faint! [emoji38]
Well, you've been killing us with your changeant moussie, so it might be YOUR turn to faint. :biggrin:
It looks like a different gavroche, moma, depending on how you knotted it and what colour top you wore! And now am intrigued by the phrase "zillions of gavs!" ;)
Thank you. Well, I do seem to be acquiring the little ones at a rapid pace. Most of them are blue, also, so this one really stands out and is so useful!

This just looks so rich and decadent. It's glorious moma!
Thank you, P. I wish there were more large dipdyes!
I love this hot pink on you, my dear, and thanks for your inspiration to find one for me!
Thank you. It's a very useful piece. The background is actually orange! I hope you find one.

My! Truly lovely, moma!
Thank you, monteverdi. :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.