Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2019 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this week's theme and scarf stories. Sorry I don't post as much as I'd like to, but I really wanted to join this week.

My first ever H scarf was Promenade de Longchamps. I bought it in London thirty years ago when I was a student, for 150 GBP. A few years later I bought my first gavroche Brides de Gala. The Promenade travelled the world with me- I used it as a head covering when traveling in the middle east or when entering old European churches. I took a long break from scarf buying until 2008, then started back up with Selle d'Apparat Marocaine and a couple of Les Capucine gavs (one of which was my first moussie). My first CSGM was Zebra Pegasus. It's also the first scarf I have in multiple formats- 45cm, 90cm, CSGM and maxi twilly.

The Promenade ended up with stains and colour runs to the point that it became unusable, but I couldn't let go of it. A couple of years ago I took it into the Hermesmatic pop up and they dyed both the PdL and BdG pink. The Promenade is now my travel pillow cover instead of taking a pillow case with me.

First seasonal- L'anee du serpent (my year)
First scarf I bought on the bay because of the story but had to let go because the c/w didn't work for me- La Femme
1st DD- BdG
1st 70- Gaucho
1st scarf that is older than me- Armenonville
First scarf of the new season is Sieste (posted in SS19 thread)

Attachments

• IMG_0477.jpg
    IMG_0477.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_1464.jpg
    IMG_1464.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_1524.jpg
    IMG_1524.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_1534.jpg
    IMG_1534.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_1835.jpg
    IMG_1835.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_1678.jpg
    IMG_1678.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 368
  • IMG_3131.jpg
    IMG_3131.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 368
  • IMG_4134.jpg
    IMG_4134.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_8883.jpg
    IMG_8883.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 364
I love this week's theme and scarf stories. Sorry I don't post as much as I'd like to, but I really wanted to join this week.

My first ever H scarf was Promenade de Longchamps. I bought it in London thirty years ago when I was a student, for 150 GBP. A few years later I bought my first gavroche Brides de Gala. The Promenade travelled the world with me- I used it as a head covering when traveling in the middle east or when entering old European churches. I took a long break from scarf buying until 2008, then started back up with Selle d'Apparat Marocaine and a couple of Les Capucine gavs (one of which was my first moussie). My first CSGM was Zebra Pegasus. It's also the first scarf I have in multiple formats- 45cm, 90cm, CSGM and maxi twilly.

The Promenade ended up with stains and colour runs to the point that it became unusable, but I couldn't let go of it. A couple of years ago I took it into the Hermesmatic pop up and they dyed both the PdL and BdG pink. The Promenade is now my travel pillow cover instead of taking a pillow case with me.

First scarf I bought on the bay because of the story but had to let go because the c/w didn't work for me- La Femme
1st DD- BdG
1st 70- Gaucho

A lot of beautiful firsts festus!

Reactions: festus
Quick selfie from the office today. My first CSGM. I was so thrilled to see it in the drawers at the Vancouver, Canada store in November 2018 that I literally squealed. I felt a little embarrassed afterwards by my over the top reaction, but quickly got over it after I got it home, rubbed my face in that glorious cashmere, and did a happy dance. View attachment 4302419
It's so fluffy! (And now I'm a little horrified that that it seems reasonable to buy $1,000 shawls... Because I want more!)
Congratulations! So perfect with the chambray shirt. My CSGM collection numbers 4. I acquired them rather quickly then had my "a little horrified" moment. I suspect there will be more additions but REALLY need to moderate the pace of acquisition.

I'm really enjoying this theme week and reading about everyone's various firsts!

Although this was my second GM mousseline, it was my first GM Dallet. (I have more luck tying Dallet designs in large scale format.)

Treve de l'Eau
dallet1st.jpg

And my first Aline Honore- PdS :heart: which became a small (but quickly fulfilled) obsession to acquire after reading through the PdS thread and reading though all the lovely accounts of the armor in Ft Worth from @Joannadyne and everyone who went.

aline1st.jpg

Last edited:

1st DD- BdG
1st 70- Gaucho
Such a lovely assortment of colors and patterns! They really suit you.

1st DD- BdG
1st 70- Gaucho
I think I like the PdL even better dip-dyed! And your Sieste is stunning!
I'm really enjoying this theme week and reading about everyone's various firsts!

Although this was my second GM mousseline, it was my first GM Dallet. (I have more luck tying ballet designs in large scale format.)

Treve de l'Eau
View attachment 4302624

And my first Aline Honore- PdS :heart: which became a small (but quickly fulfilled) obsession to acquire after reading through the PdS thread and reading though all the lovely accounts of the armor in Ft Worth from @Joannadyne and everyone who went.

View attachment 4302623
Gorgeous! :heart:

Reactions: bunnycat
What a marvelous week of posts! Interesting to see the firsts for everyone. I’ve a few to share...

First store bought mousseline, Litteratures by AM Cassandre, who also BTW designed the reissue of Perspectives
View attachment 4302502
View attachment 4302505
First 90 twill and trip to H boutique with former employer who is an avid H collector..Pavois
View attachment 4302503
View attachment 4302504
First Limited Edition silks HxComme de Garcon
View attachment 4302507
First vintage jacquard purchased on he Bay, Daimyo
View attachment 4302501

First mousseline purchase abroad during GreekExit crisis...Dans un Jardin Anglais
View attachment 4302506
And what I am wearing today. First Ardmore Artist silk Savannah Dance.

View attachment 4302508
All these reds are fabulous, lanit!! Your Pavois is so jaunty and fresh, I love it. And, of course, I have this Savanna 70 in white because of you!

My first twilly was this Peuple du Vent. Loved it so much, I promptly got a backup (aka a pair!). Never thought I'd collect more than a handful, but I have more than 2 dozen now. In my early forays into H boutiques, I had SAs asking if I'm buying for a Kelly (1 twilly) or a Birkin (2 twillies), and my reply is, "it's for my neck!" :lol: first.twilly.jpg
My first bandana - I really love this cw! :heart: I'm too picky, though, and I haven't bought another design in this format.first.bandana.jpg

First Annie Faivre - Jardins d’Hiver
View attachment 4302645
First Hugo Grygkar - Les Bles [emoji173]️
View attachment 4302646
First Toutsy (LB) - Flamingo Party
View attachment 4302647
Wearing today - Tourbillon
View attachment 4302648
@Cookiefiend these are my favourites of your scarves. Every one of them!
Hi, all! This is the first scarf I bought (online) in 2019 — Annie Faivre’s Gardiens Des Arbres, a cotton 70. View attachment 4302750
This is a gorgeous red, @AnnaE ! It looks silky in your photo. ;)

Reactions: Cookiefiend
There are so many beautiful firsts here with some touching stores too. Thank you for sharing these amazing stories!!:flowers: No first for me today, but I am wearing ClF using the Bova knot to make the bunnycat asymmetrical cowboy!:P Thank you ladies for all your ideas and amazing tutorals! Have a great day!:flowers:

Attachments

• F54749DC-4725-4018-B553-0A53BB4C20E1.jpeg
    F54749DC-4725-4018-B553-0A53BB4C20E1.jpeg
    291 KB · Views: 330

1st DD- BdG
1st 70- Gaucho
Lovely scarf stories, @festus. Your scarf journey is such an adventure. :heart: And fabulous Sieste cw in the SS2019 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.