Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2019 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first gavroche was Festival des Amazones. I now have zillions of gavs, but this one is still a favorite.
9594a63039c3fb1aa13c3827aebfb4d4.jpg
514f667e2f896e8dc29efb586bcef3e9.jpg
8b9e0efc2c8e28d61b2eb838d39e7cc9.jpg
d076799dc4f7ded5a49b037f17c1e9d2.jpg

Notice my homage to @bunnycat in the last photo.

Love that cheerful FDA moma!

I watched a short film on H scarf manufacturing Jan ‘18 ( and we all know how that story ended). I love to research the designs and as an art historian I love the multiple levels of references in most designs. Much of my collection is “firsts” but I’ll tie to the first time I went to a perfume bottle association conference, I got to wear all my pre-loved ‘qu’importe le flacon’ CW that weekend, multiple times, in different configurations. The best part was that I got to see, and hold, real life examples of most of the bottles in the design.

What a fantastic first! The bottles are beautiful!

My first large format 140 cm was On a Summer's Day. I liked the 90 cm design, but didn't love it. But at this scale, it just clicked for me. It's casual, modern, and goes with almost everything I own. I think I've worn it about 20 times since I bought it in September.
View attachment 4303166

This translated so well to larg format. Beautiful!

You look so beautiful, bunnycat!

Twins on that, I also have the taupe one. Congrats Joanna!

This is a cutie, ksuromax!

Hello twin!

Splendid, FugitiveRouge!

Truly dreamy, my dear!

Thank you kindly dear Croisette!

Not my first, I have so many firsts, but my last find from yesterday: the black SEMELLES

View attachment 4303231

Oh my Croisette! No words! :faint: what a find!

My first evilBay purchase - Roues de Canon. Sadly, I rubbed a thin patch into it whilst washing it - a lesson learned indeed!
On another note, I didn't find my Mors ring. I think it has gone forever. Every pocket, bag, drawer, box, nook and cranny has been searched. I must have lost it whilst out. I went online to get another one and keeled over at how much they have gone up by in just a couple of years. Needs must however......[emoji23]
View attachment 4303246

You look spectacular in this Pautinka!

Thank you, Joannadyne! Yes, I live on the Big Island in Waikoloa. I love it there so much—it’s quite elemental, with the sea, winds, mountains, beaches, and even the volcanic eruptions. Which island are you from? And yes, I have two Aloha scarves. One is a moussie and the other is a silk twill. I don’t have either one with me right now, but here’s an archive pic of the moussie.
View attachment 4303350

Beautiful aloha! It works so well in moussie format.

I watched a short film on H scarf manufacturing Jan ‘18 ( and we all know how that story ended). I love to research the designs and as an art historian I love the multiple levels of references in most designs. Much of my collection is “firsts” but I’ll tie to the first time I went to a perfume bottle association conference, I got to wear all my pre-loved ‘qu’importe le flacon’ CW that weekend, multiple times, in different configurations. The best part was that I got to see, and hold, real life examples of most of the bottles in the design.
Fascinating! Your first shot puts the H official photo-shoots to shame. The flacons are beautiful! And ... what ... perfume bottle association conferences are a thing? I learned something today!

First ‘Old Faithful’ scarf - it’s like my blankie, my Ugh I Feel Awful, my Oh Crud It’s Raining, my I Have to Shovel snow scarf. It’s old and faded and so soft. [emoji173]️
Cuivreries
View attachment 4303366
Scarf mail came yesterday - it’s a first too, so I’ll post it later today [emoji4]
Every lady needs a snow shoveling scarf. Well done!

Those saturated jewel tones look amazing on you!!!
Thank you. They work for you also, I think!

Thanks, bunny!

First ‘Old Faithful’ scarf - it’s like my blankie, my Ugh I Feel Awful, my Oh Crud It’s Raining, my I Have to Shovel snow scarf. It’s old and faded and so soft. [emoji173]️
Cuivreries
View attachment 4303366
Scarf mail came yesterday - it’s a first too, so I’ll post it later today [emoji4]
Fabulous blankie. It's like a hiking scarf. And it will last forever, right?
Looking forward to your new thing!!!

Wow!. Thanks for an extremely interesting post. Luv the real life examples of the perfume bottles. Although I don't own any I an a sucker for Lalique bottles. I have this scarf but don't like the cw (black) - need to re-home and find it in a more sympathetic cw. Yours are beautiful.

This is beautiful Croisette and I would imagine that this cw will go with so many things. I am sure it will become a staple.

My first evilBay purchase - Roues de Canon. Sadly, I rubbed a thin patch into it whilst washing it - a lesson learned indeed!
On another note, I didn't find my Mors ring. I think it has gone forever. Every pocket, bag, drawer, box, nook and cranny has been searched. I must have lost it whilst out. I went online to get another one and keeled over at how much they have gone up by in just a couple of years. Needs must however......[emoji23]
View attachment 4303246
Thank you, dear Pautinka! Beautiful burgundy Roues and lovely tied without Mors!

Reactions: Pautinka
I was hoping we would hear from you - I would love to know what was your very first H scarf.
But this !!!!!! I have seen this scarf IRL and I can only offer my hugest congratulations. It is a really magnificent piece. The subtle colors are to die for.

Lovely!

Great find! Looks to be very versatile. Thanks for your kind comments as well.
Like @momasaurus , would love to know your very first scarf!
Thank you both so much, moma & scarf! Esp. for you my very first carré La Promenade de Longchamps:

image.jpg

Ohmigosh Croisette... that is stunning! [emoji7][emoji173]️[emoji7]

Huge congratulations, dear Croisette! So happy for you.

What a fantastic first! The bottles are beautiful!

This translated so well to larg format. Beautiful!

Thank you kindly dear Croisette!

Oh my Croisette! No words! :faint: what a find!

You look spectacular in this Pautinka!

That is so beautiful and elegant. It's just too die for. Wear it in good health with much joy!

Wow :heart: what a great start to the year Croisette!
Thank you so kindly for your nice comments, Cookie, litchi, bunnycat, FugitiveRouge & orchard!

Status
Not open for further replies.