Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2019 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love your outfit with your Amours. Your top is perfect with it.
I can't wait to see everybody's multiples later in the year (I'm sure it's a theme but maybe I'm getting confused!). Your photos probe how a different CW makes the design look like a totally different scarf. Incredible!
Multiples will be back!
14 April 2019 -FRATERNAL TWINS- Same but not the same
Because we tend to buy them in different cws/formats, issues and reissues...
Identical twins will also be welcome to the party :drinks:

My first scarf was purchased in October - Into the Canadian Wild by Alice Shirley. I had been watching H scarves for a while but couldn't bring myself to deal with the cost/trusting myself to wear one. I came across this design and thought YES, that's the one, and I'm going to frame it. I had been hunting this one in particular for months and dealt with a few different sellers that weren't working out. Up late one night I saw a new scarf available on Ebay so I quickly messaged the seller. She ended up being wonderful and living 45 minutes away from me! After a week of chat I bought it! I had never seen any colorway of this scarf in person and boy did it not disappoint at all. AND on top of it I still keep in touch with the woman I bought it from; I will forever think of her when I wear it.

I have to say, it was the perfect first scarf, I LOVE everything about it. The colors are amazing, they change depending how you wear it etc. I wish I had a better photo of me wearing it but for now the attached will have to do. I work in a very casual environment so we only dress if important people are coming in, clients or otherwise. This photo was before I had a scarf ring, I used a loose black hair-tie so no creasing. I think I will love this scarf forever, it makes me so happy inside to look at it and wear it. Maybe one day when I have a bigger collection I will frame it. Since then I've been riding the slipper Orange slope, but I'll save that for another post.View attachment 4299682 View attachment 4299684 View attachment 4299683
Congrats on a wonderful first scarf!
I play a game with mine - I try to show off different animals using different folds and ties. Alice Shirley was amused when I moaned that I could not find a way to tie it without the owl being upside-down.

I love your outfit with your Amours. Your top is perfect with it.
I can't wait to see everybody's multiples later in the year (I'm sure it's a theme but maybe I'm getting confused!). Your photos probe how a different CW makes the design look like a totally different scarf. Incredible!

Thank you Pautinka! Whenever I do this sort of tie, I always think I am channeling you! :smile:

Some more firsts.
First mousseline was Rose compass in mousseline stole format. I couldn’t decide between the blue and the pink CWs, so bought both! The pink one is still my most used

View attachment 4299768View attachment 4299769
My first and ONLY! Dip dye. Found in a drawer at Honolulu boutique - last one they had .
View attachment 4299779

My first Maxi Twilly. Original longer length. Chasse en Inde.
View attachment 4299780
My first men’s scarf. silk/cotton 100. Bains D’H by Ugo Gattoni.
View attachment 4299781
My first 70 was an eBay find. Love the whimsy, and the soft feel of the 70 vintage silks.

View attachment 4299784

My first CSGM. cavaliers du Caucase. Great for travel with black. Now that I am trying to wear navy more than black, it doesn’t get as much use.View attachment 4299785

And my first CS 00 format- Awooooo from the men’s department. A few more formats
First 100% cotton scarf ( and only one) this is the 70 “charm” formatView attachment 4299792

And my first CS 100 format from men’s department- Awooooo- it certainly won’t be my last. Love this format!
View attachment 4299793

And my first GM mousseline - point d’orgue
View attachment 4299795

spectacular firsts scarf1! All of them!

I love your JQs! My second and third scarves were both JQ, one 90 and one 140 CSGM. I wish I could carry the pastels, they are so beautiful and that purple looks great on you!

Thank you kindly mcl! I agonized for almost 7 months over getting the purple one..shoould have given in a lot sooner...it would have been cheaper than the "pacifier" scarves I bought before trying to avoid it....

Well, I have three: the first was the pink one, then an ivory and a turquoise followed. The thing is that I wouldn’t mind adding more CWs. It’s one of those that I still love and wear often... Timeless!

Oh, what a great story! And a magnificent scarf! And so versatile and wearable with that amazing mix of colors... And I can totally relate to the fact that you were intending to frame it at first. That was what I intended to do with my first purchase: I bought it as a souvenir to be framed!

@bunnycat you look so beautiful in that first pic! Love the entire outfit... And of course your first pursuit had to be cat themed... JQ is one of those designs that I never tire of and pull when I need a “special” scarf.

Please pick me up from the floor! The Rose de Compass are splendorous! Both!! And your pic is the perfect reminder that I needed the Bain. Can’t believe I passed it up and wonder whether it’s still available out there... It is gorgeous on you! And are you sure you can’t wear the Cavaliers with navy? I would think you could...

Thank you so much fifi! JQ will always remain a special scarf!

Ahhh, I’m dying to get caught up on this thread but I need to work. I love the theme for this week - all the wonderful stories about our firsts are a treat to read. I’ll come back later tonight but in the meantime, I’ve just acquired my first seasonal scarf: De Passage a Moscou. I wanted something wintery but not Xmassy. Plus Moscow is on my bucket list so when I came upon this beauty, I couldn’t resist. It ties so well!
d8ac66f6837949018107dfe87a169574.jpg

7690569e60ec97e30d42ee268f405e2c.jpg

Will post more pics in the grail thread tonight.

WOAH! :faint: how did you manage to locate that fantastic purple??!!!!

Amours avec perles--J'adore!
oh, and the JQs are nice, too. :yahoo:

Thank you so kindly Jbizzy! :P This is one of the few I usually put pearls with. It always seems to fit!

Wait... what? This is two twillies tied together? Do you tie them at the back, and then bring the ends around and make the bow? Forgive me if I'm being dense. I suppose everyone else figured out how to do this years ago! :blush:
Usually I do tie two together, then form a bow in front with a tiny ring (this is twilly #3 and #4 - swimmers in a lily pond :P).
PicsArt_07-18-09.43.27.png
That huge floppy bow was formed by tying one twilly into a bow, then cinching the knot with a 2nd twilly which goes round the neck n fastens behind. I am :blush: to let you know that this knot is from giftwrapping :rolleyes:

Thank you Pautinka! Whenever I do this sort of tie, I always think I am channeling you! :smile:

Thank you kindly mcl! I agonized for almost 7 months over getting the purple one..shoould have given in a lot sooner...it would have been cheaper than the "pacifier" scarves I bought before trying to avoid it....

Thank you so kindly Jbizzy! :P This is one of the few I usually put pearls with. It always seems to fit!
Thank you so much!

Reactions: bunnycat
oh golly - those are both stunning!
I need to be less afraid of my plisse - I need to take a picture of yours!

Oh, that ELeK!!!!! Gorgeous and the knots, spectacular!

You've done wonderfully for a newbie both of these are very special.

These are both so stunning. I get weak-kneed at everybody's changeants and you EleK is to die for.

What a gorgeous first - and a moussie! The ELeK looks wonderful in a plisse. Not every design works that way, I think, and I share your fear, but you've even managed to unfurl it nicely!

Thanks for these visuals on tying the plisse!

Aww, shucks! Thanks everyone for the likes and kind words! Love this group, and am really enjoying this week's theme! :flowers:

Ahhh, I’m dying to get caught up on this thread but I need to work. I love the theme for this week - all the wonderful stories about our firsts are a treat to read. I’ll come back later tonight but in the meantime, I’ve just acquired my first seasonal scarf: De Passage a Moscou. I wanted something wintery but not Xmassy. Plus Moscow is on my bucket list so when I came upon this beauty, I couldn’t resist. It ties so well!

*hypnotizing voice* You do not need this any more. Give it to @HoneyLocks...
My favorite part are the orange boxes in front of the mansion in the back.

And in order to save on shipping, please toss the slate Turandot in the box as well since you do not wear it anyways.
Or even better, when traveling Europe next time, bring it to me personally, I think we might have a lot of fun together

Haha, is this the one you’re talking about??
827fc0a1d07e76f97440854f9517b954.jpg

(I was going to write a post later about scarfies and what we’d call our “double rainbows” but when you mentioned the Turandot, I couldn’t resist!)

Man, we grail-hungry scarfies really need that replicator from Star Trek. Instead of “Earl Grey, hot,” we could tell it, “Passage a Moscou, taupe!”

@Joannadyne , this is seriously stunning!! And you and @HoneyLocks completely crack me up :P

This is my first Hermes Scarf ever and bought only a few weeks ago.
At the moment, life is dictating me to take it very slow. Because of circumstances, I purchased quite some Silk the last year ( pyjama’s, cushion-covers) and I’m very pleased with the feel of it to my skin. So, I treated myself with a -new to me - Rocaille. I already bought a vintage Dior scarf last spring and was both content with how it felt and surprised with how it looked on me, so it was an easy ‘jump’. In the last few weeks I noticed, I picked my clothes in a way that I could wear my scarves [emoji23]. When I told my husband, he said he wasn’t surprised because when he met me 38 years ago, I was wearing colourful scarves most every day ... I totally forgot about that ! I guess having children and living in the tropics for 10 years made me change my clothing style .... [emoji6]
And shortly after that, he announced he bought me a H Scarf for my birthday end of April in a colour that he thought would suit me. Analytical as he is, I think he had a peek at my colour-chart so he probably would have chosen periwinkle blue or coral ... I have something to look forward to ! And in the meantime, I am going to hunt for some additions [emoji4] So many beautiful designs and colours !View attachment 4299468

Not yet ! Unexpectedly, I broke both my ankles 7 days ago so the looking and the ‘ hunting’ has to be done online [emoji6] but according to what I’m reading here about it, it’s something to look forward to [emoji106]
Congratulations on your first H scarf, it looks beautiful on you!
So sorry to hear about the ankles, wishing you a full and speedy recovery!

Reactions: MoMaMo

Absolutely stunning- you wear it so well!

Haha, is this the one you’re talking about??
827fc0a1d07e76f97440854f9517b954.jpg

(I was going to write a post later about scarfies and what we’d call our “double rainbows” but when you mentioned the Turandot, I couldn’t resist!)

Man, we grail-hungry scarfies really need that replicator from Star Trek. Instead of “Earl Grey, hot,” we could tell it, “Passage a Moscou, taupe!”
Can't find the faint emoji on mobile.
Such a droolworthy photo.
When you visit me we can watch star trek and drink earl grey after we played with our scarves.
Need to get up and go to work now, such a treat to wake up to [emoji7]

my very first Gavroche
when i first saw Noel, and started searching for it, this one popped up from a Japanese Seller on evil bay, how little i knew back then! i was not prepared for it to be SO small, i was not aware what it cost and what was a fair price, but i wanted Noel so badly that nothing really mattered! i didn't know how to wear it at first :biggrin:
thanks for all inspirational pics and know-how guidance to all in general and @bunnycat in particular, our guru of small formats :ty:
wearing mine with the horsebit ring today

Attachments

• IMG_20190109_0957195.jpg
    IMG_20190109_0957195.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 448

Thank you so kindly Jbizzy! [emoji14] This is one of the few I usually put pearls with. It always seems to fit!
Awwwwwwwww!! [emoji847][emoji847]

My first CSGM, Mors à la Connétable. Out of all my scarves this is the one that I treat with the most irreverence. It gets chucked in bags, was used as a blanket on the Trans-Siberian, tends to lie around my car and regularly gets caught in the rain and yet it still looks pretty good. It is my real workhorse scarf.
Talking of Mors, after my Panthera pic I realised I haven't seen my Mors ring for a few months. Hunted and hunted last night but can't find it anywhere. [emoji43]IMG_20190109_080657.jpg

My very first scarf - Mexique bought in 2013. Ironically, I live about a 10 minute walk from the Hermes store in Toronto, but never entered. Two things happened in 2013 that introduced me to Hermes. First, Hermes launched their Canadian website. Second, I was recovering from surgery on my leg and not very mobile. As a result, I ended up spending a lot of time surfing the internet. Somehow I stumbled across PurseForum and the Canadian Hermes website and started browsing. The scarves really caught my attention. They looked so beautiful!

I ordered Mexique because it reminded me of trip I took with a friend to Cancun during my year of Articling after finishing law school. The trip was alot of fun (especially escaping the cold, snowy Canadian winter). However, the memory that has lasted with me the most was a day trip we took to Chichen Itza. For some reason, Chichen Itza just captured my imagination. I came back intensely curious about the Mayan Civilzation. I would love to go back to Chichen Itza and would love to see other famous Mayan sites. My rehab of my leg has been very difficult - a lot of ups and downs. And for quite a while I was relegated to wearing bagging sweat pants to accommodate a knee brace. Being able to throw on a scarf or shawl made me a feel a little more civilized. I can now mostly get around with a cane, but I'm still hopeful for further improvement and continue to work at it diligently.

IMG_6398.JPG IMG_6400.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.