Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2019 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely way to tie your scarf!
Thank you so much!

Oh - how lovely! You look amazing! [emoji173]️
Aaawww... Thank you, Cookie!

That treble clef jaquard is just darling!! :heart::heart::heart:
When I discovered the Treble Clef, I pursued this scarf madly... until I finally found the red CW! I would’ve also settled for black.

I honestly don't know what happened there. When I had things held for me, they were certainly put away far from other customers :smile: i will just chalk it up to an amusing cultural experience!

Striking! Light-colored scarves look so festive.

I can see the appeal certainly for hotter weather, and it must be easier to handle than regular-weights 140s, but it's not my preference. I like the weight and the texture of 'regular' silk (well, I like mousselines, too!).
Thank you so much! I’ve always avoided light colored scarves so this is new for me and Etude de Gala was a milestone for me: the mostly white CW!

That is so pretty!

That Tourbillon is totally gasp-worthy!!!

You look like you stepped out of a page in Vogue!

So pretty! And I like that upturned knot.

The dark blue Toits is only a few months old, so this aqua cw is still with me. I'm having a hard time deciding which and how to move scarves on. Options for rehoming here are scarcer than in the US/Europe. Always wondered what happens to the thousands of scarves sold in Singapore since it's so warm here :confused1:
Thank you so much! Keeps it tidy and elegant, I think.

Wow that is beautiful fifi! I think it’s those feathery lines..just wow. That is an interesting background..do tell..
Thank you so much. The feathery Finesse lines are exquisite in this design. The background was at a friend’s before leaving to the ballet.

Quick selfie from the office today. My first CSGM. I was so thrilled to see it in the drawers at the Vancouver, Canada store in November 2018 that I literally squealed. I felt a little embarrassed afterwards by my over the top reaction, but quickly got over it after I got it home, rubbed my face in that glorious cashmere, and did a happy dance. View attachment 4302419
It's so fluffy! (And now I'm a little horrified that that it seems reasonable to buy $1,000 shawls... Because I want more!)
Probably my favorite design of all time... Squalling is perfectly allowed and the appropriate response. Stunning!

Wearing Tresor Royal du Benin today - a scarf that has meant so much more to me since I discovered that most of my DNA is from Benin and Togo. :love::love::love:
View attachment 4302432
So rich and elegant... I would love to own this design!

My first non-traditional scarf was Attrape tes reves, which I wore last night and accidentally posted in the wrong place, LOL:
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/your-hermes-in-action.917931/page-2788#post-32828095
Beautiful!

You look fabulous! (And look like you're at some place fabulous!) And how, oh how, did you tie that?
On my way to the ballet but thankfully intook this pic before leaving because my phone died when I got there!

What a marvelous week of posts! Interesting to see the firsts for everyone. I’ve a few to share...

First store bought mousseline, Litteratures by AM Cassandre, who also BTW designed the reissue of Perspectives
View attachment 4302502
View attachment 4302505
First 90 twill and trip to H boutique with former employer who is an avid H collector..Pavois
View attachment 4302503
View attachment 4302504
First Limited Edition silks HxComme de Garcon
View attachment 4302507
First vintage jacquard purchased on he Bay, Daimyo
View attachment 4302501

First mousseline purchase abroad during GreekExit crisis...Dans un Jardin Anglais
View attachment 4302506
And what I am wearing today. First Ardmore Artist silk Savannah Dance.

View attachment 4302508
Can’t pick a favorite because they’re all so spectacular... But the Cassandre is amazing and that CW of Pavois is so fresh and beautiful! And SD, of course!

I love this week's theme and scarf stories. Sorry I don't post as much as I'd like to, but I really wanted to join this week.

My first ever H scarf was Promenade de Longchamps. I bought it in London thirty years ago when I was a student, for 150 GBP. A few years later I bought my first gavroche Brides de Gala. The Promenade travelled the world with me- I used it as a head covering when traveling in the middle east or when entering old European churches. I took a long break from scarf buying until 2008, then started back up with Selle d'Apparat Marocaine and a couple of Les Capucine gavs (one of which was my first moussie). My first CSGM was Zebra Pegasus. It's also the first scarf I have in multiple formats- 45cm, 90cm, CSGM and maxi twilly.

The Promenade ended up with stains and colour runs to the point that it became unusable, but I couldn't let go of it. A couple of years ago I took it into the Hermesmatic pop up and they dyed both the PdL and BdG pink. The Promenade is now my travel pillow cover instead of taking a pillow case with me.

First seasonal- L'anee du serpent (my year)
First scarf I bought on the bay because of the story but had to let go because the c/w didn't work for me- La Femme
1st DD- BdG
1st 70- Gaucho
1st scarf that is older than me- Armenonville
First scarf of the new season is Sieste (posted in SS19 thread)
I love this entire post... especially the evolution of your Promenade... all lovely!

I'm really enjoying this theme week and reading about everyone's various firsts!

Although this was my second GM mousseline, it was my first GM Dallet. (I have more luck tying Dallet designs in large scale format.)

Treve de l'Eau

View attachment 4302624

And my first Aline Honore- PdS :heart: which became a small (but quickly fulfilled) obsession to acquire after reading through the PdS thread and reading though all the lovely accounts of the armor in Ft Worth from @Joannadyne and everyone who went.

View attachment 4302623

All so lovely, Bunny!

My SOTD is my first Alice Shirley design.

View attachment 4302628
I love the Alice Shirley black and white scarves... So gorgeous!

First Annie Faivre - Jardins d’Hiver
View attachment 4302645
First Hugo Grygkar - Les Bles [emoji173]️
View attachment 4302646
First Toutsy (LB) - Flamingo Party
View attachment 4302647
So beautiful... All! And this was my obsession FP but after 3 CWs I’ve got to calm down... all so pretty on you!

Hi, all! This is the first scarf I bought (online) in 2019 — Annie Faivre’s Gardiens Des Arbres, a cotton 70. View attachment 4302750
So pretty!

My first twilly was this Peuple du Vent. Loved it so much, I promptly got a backup (aka a pair!). Never thought I'd collect more than a handful, but I have more than 2 dozen now. In my early forays into H boutiques, I had SAs asking if I'm buying for a Kelly (1 twilly) or a Birkin (2 twillies), and my reply is, "it's for my neck!" :lol: View attachment 4302776
My first bandana - I really love this cw! :heart: I'm too picky, though, and I haven't bought another design in this format.View attachment 4302783
Love them!

There are so many beautiful firsts here with some touching stores too. Thank you for sharing these amazing stories!!:flowers: No first for me today, but I am wearing ClF using the Bova knot to make the bunnycat asymmetrical cowboy!:P Thank you ladies for all your ideas and amazing tutorals! Have a great day!:flowers:
I love this!

My first scarf was Sea, Surf and Fun, which I purchased during a layover in Istanbul last spring. I had been thinking about buying a scarf to extend my travel wardrobe since they are light and colorful. When I saw this one, that was it. It reminded me of my home in Hawaii, and I thought that by purchasing it I would have a bit of Hawaii with me during my much-too-frequent lengthy business trips. That was the beginning of my scarf craze. I have gone on to purchase multiple formats and sizes, and now H scarves are with me wherever I go. Who knew that a scarf could be an antidote to home sickness!
View attachment 4302863
Oh, I fell in love with this design and CW the minute I saw it. It ties so beautifully! And they are so multipurpose in our lives! Definitely lifting our spirits, an antidote to homesickness and also evocative of special times and places in our lives

Well, I don't wear caps or jackets in a style that would suit patches. It also gives me flashbacks to my days in Girl Guides and earning badges!
I am toying with the idea of making a small travel pouch for scarves, so perhaps I'll attach it to the pouch.
If anyone has ideas or did something interesting with it, let me know! (H gave out a similar patch at the LA Carre Club event.)

I hear you -- makes me think of Boy Scout jackets or American varsity jackets as well. No idea how to repurpose one of those!

Quick selfie from the office today. My first CSGM. I was so thrilled to see it in the drawers at the Vancouver, Canada store in November 2018 that I literally squealed. I felt a little embarrassed afterwards by my over the top reaction, but quickly got over it after I got it home, rubbed my face in that glorious cashmere, and did a happy dance. View attachment 4302419
It's so fluffy! (And now I'm a little horrified that that it seems reasonable to buy $1,000 shawls... Because I want more!)

Love this outfit -- looks so cozy.

Wearing Tresor Royal du Benin today - a scarf that has meant so much more to me since I discovered that most of my DNA is from Benin and Togo. :love::love::love:
View attachment 4302432

This maroon (purple?) outfit is to die for. Really love all these colors, and that's a great connection to a scarf.

My first non-traditional scarf was Attrape tes reves, which I wore last night and accidentally posted in the wrong place, LOL:
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/your-hermes-in-action.917931/page-2788#post-32828095

Beautiful scarf! How do you define 'non-traditional'?

What a marvelous week of posts! Interesting to see the firsts for everyone. I’ve a few to share...

First store bought mousseline, Litteratures by AM Cassandre, who also BTW designed the reissue of Perspectives
View attachment 4302502
View attachment 4302505
First 90 twill and trip to H boutique with former employer who is an avid H collector..Pavois
View attachment 4302503
View attachment 4302504
First Limited Edition silks HxComme de Garcon
View attachment 4302507
First vintage jacquard purchased on he Bay, Daimyo
View attachment 4302501

First mousseline purchase abroad during GreekExit crisis...Dans un Jardin Anglais
View attachment 4302506
And what I am wearing today. First Ardmore Artist silk Savannah Dance.

View attachment 4302508

Oh gosh that DuJA is killer!

I love this week's theme and scarf stories. Sorry I don't post as much as I'd like to, but I really wanted to join this week.

My first ever H scarf was Promenade de Longchamps. I bought it in London thirty years ago when I was a student, for 150 GBP. A few years later I bought my first gavroche Brides de Gala. The Promenade travelled the world with me- I used it as a head covering when traveling in the middle east or when entering old European churches. I took a long break from scarf buying until 2008, then started back up with Selle d'Apparat Marocaine and a couple of Les Capucine gavs (one of which was my first moussie). My first CSGM was Zebra Pegasus. It's also the first scarf I have in multiple formats- 45cm, 90cm, CSGM and maxi twilly.

The Promenade ended up with stains and colour runs to the point that it became unusable, but I couldn't let go of it. A couple of years ago I took it into the Hermesmatic pop up and they dyed both the PdL and BdG pink. The Promenade is now my travel pillow cover instead of taking a pillow case with me.

First seasonal- L'anee du serpent (my year)
First scarf I bought on the bay because of the story but had to let go because the c/w didn't work for me- La Femme
1st DD- BdG
1st 70- Gaucho
1st scarf that is older than me- Armenonville
First scarf of the new season is Sieste (posted in SS19 thread)

That's a lovely pillow cover :smile: Beautiful scarves!

View attachment 4302645
View attachment 4302646
View attachment 4302647
Wearing today - Tourbillon
View attachment 4302648

You have to stop posting that Tourbillon lest the members here suffer a collective envy-induced heart attack :smile:)

My first twilly was this Peuple du Vent. Loved it so much, I promptly got a backup (aka a pair!). Never thought I'd collect more than a handful, but I have more than 2 dozen now. In my early forays into H boutiques, I had SAs asking if I'm buying for a Kelly (1 twilly) or a Birkin (2 twillies), and my reply is, "it's for my neck!" :lol: View attachment 4302776
My first bandana - I really love this cw! :heart: I'm too picky, though, and I haven't bought another design in this format.View attachment 4302783

Oh interesting -- I have never been asked that! Maybe I don't buy enough twillies though.

My first scarf was Sea, Surf and Fun, which I purchased during a layover in Istanbul last spring. I had been thinking about buying a scarf to extend my travel wardrobe since they are light and colorful. When I saw this one, that was it. It reminded me of my home in Hawaii, and I thought that by purchasing it I would have a bit of Hawaii with me during my much-too-frequent lengthy business trips. That was the beginning of my scarf craze. I have gone on to purchase multiple formats and sizes, and now H scarves are with me wherever I go. Who knew that a scarf could be an antidote to home sickness!
View attachment 4302863

That's a great story. I agree that scarves are great for travel -- I too travel a lot, and always enjoy packing scarves.

View attachment 4302939 This is my first Scarf purchased without much consideration at Heathrow 18 months ago. I thought that would be it. HA. My collection has grown to 14 now. That slippery slope! Happily, I still love this scarf now that I know more about what I like.

That is a lovely choice for a first scarf, and it looks so good on you. Funny how so many people seem to have bought their first scarf at an airport!

View attachment 4302645
View attachment 4302646
View attachment 4302647
Wearing today - Tourbillon
View attachment 4302648
All beyond gorgeous. And my obsession is that CW of FP... But how can I justify another after my 3 existing ones?! No, please, don’t answer that! The Jardins d’Hiver is fantastic with the F knot!

Hi, all! This is the first scarf I bought (online) in 2019 — Annie Faivre’s Gardiens Des Arbres, a cotton 70. View attachment 4302750
Gorgeous!

Question: why not another bandana? I’ve yet to try this format but really wish to!

There are so many beautiful firsts here with some touching stores too. Thank you for sharing these amazing stories!!:flowers: No first for me today, but I am wearing ClF using the Bova knot to make the bunnycat asymmetrical cowboy!:P Thank you ladies for all your ideas and amazing tutorals! Have a great day!:flowers:
I just love the little stars! Gorgeous...

View attachment 4302863
This design is so great in this CW! I tried it on at Hermès last year and fell in love. Gorgeous and very special first!

I’m obsessed with this scarf right now, even in the dead of winter :smile:
So beautiful!

View attachment 4302939 This is my first Scarf purchased without much consideration at Heathrow 18 months ago. I thought that would be it. HA. My collection has grown to 14 now. That slippery slope! Happily, I still love this scarf now that I know more about what I like.
This design is spectacular! I have a bright CW but have always wished to have your CW as a second. It’s a graphic wonder! Looking forward to seeing your growing collex!

First scarf for this forum :smile: Robe du Soir. This is one of my favorite scarves - I love the elegance of the design and cw. I usually pair it with navy or black, but today I wore it with a long-sleeve Breton shirt that has French cuffs for casual Friday at work.View attachment 4302962
One of the most elegant designs ever, especially in this CW

Reactions: mlchs and litchi
You have the right coloring to pull it off! I wish I could do white ones, but I am generally too pale. One can hope though!
Well, without makeup I’m pretty colorless with some rosacea looking pink coloring, but with the right lipstick, I can wear white! Gotta be careful though because I can also look pretty washed out in white and the pales.

Oh interesting -- I have never been asked that! Maybe I don't buy enough twillies though.
When I walk into a new H boutique, I get asked those questions - is this scarf a gift or for yourself? Is this twilly for a Kelly or a Birkin? Maybe the SAs were trying to see if the cw suits me and can suggest something else if it doesn't, or if I'm an H lover (owns scarves and bags) and will be back as a repeat client? They usually warm up quickly to me once they realise I love scarves and not just buying them to ask for a B/K/C. :lol:
At an airport H boutique last year, I saw a lady go through a lot of 90cm silks and then asked for a B/K/C! When she was told there weren't any, she pushed all the silks away and walked out in a huff! :wtf:

@Living.la.vida.fifi, I have gavroches and 70cm scarves so a bandana really has to pull its weight to be able to get into my collection. Fun fact about me: I've never sold an H scarf or shawl. So I need to be judicious in my choices.

View attachment 4302863

What?! You’re from Hawaii?? I’m from Hawaii!! (Though not currently living there now)
Until now I thought your handle was big-is-le-hi. Now I see that it’s big-isle-hi! D’oh!!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Scarf looks fabulous on you! Do you have Aloha? I’m still looking for the right cw.

When I walk into a new H boutique, I get asked those questions - is this scarf a gift or for yourself? Is this twilly for a Kelly or a Birkin? Maybe the SAs were trying to see if the cw suits me and can suggest something else if it doesn't, or if I'm an H lover (owns scarves and bags) and will be back as a repeat client? They usually warm up quickly to me once they realise I love scarves and not just buying them to ask for a B/K/C. :lol:
At an airport H boutique last year, I saw a lady go through a lot of 90cm silks and then asked for a B/K/C! When she was told there weren't any, she pushed all the silks away and walked out in a huff! :wtf:

@Living.la.vida.fifi, I have gavroches and 70cm scarves so a bandana really has to pull its weight to be able to get into my collection. Fun fact about me: I've never sold an H scarf or shawl. So I need to be judicious in my choices.
I hear ‘ya... and really relate because I also need to be jucicioua because I’ve also never sold an H scarf... given away: yes, but never sold one. I’m, sadly, not always wise and judicious, though

Reactions: litchi
My first gavroche (I actually bought it for my daughter, but ended up keeping it) was Savana Dance.
FC5D1C2D-6727-4EF0-8B96-3154800409C1.jpeg

The first twilly that I bought was Mythiques Phoenix Coloriage but I gave it away, so the first one that I actually kept was Jeu de Cartes.
45A1956A-DAA6-488B-9290-61B9808DD1A7.jpeg

The first I settled for were Cavaliers de Nuages and Decoupages. Great designs but would still love to own more vibrant, brighter CWs
DA05A8EC-DFDB-4303-9BE7-01D37E0E31E1.jpeg DB986C0C-CFA0-4ACC-A70A-DEBCBC121F76.jpeg

The first one that I remember I gasped when I saw it was Sichuan. The rich colors and details are so amazing in this one that they cannot be captured accurately in pictures. This was also my first design by Robert Dallet and I was amazed at the beauty and mastery of the illustration. Still am...
CBCE549C-A375-43BE-8E23-CEF35751A156.jpeg 2B8F0A1E-FE3A-44ED-9C29-AC29EA9AE3AB.jpeg

View attachment 4302863

Hi twinsie! I love how you’ve tied this!

First scarf for this forum :smile: Robe du Soir. This is one of my favorite scarves - I love the elegance of the design and cw. I usually pair it with navy or black, but today I wore it with a long-sleeve Breton shirt that has French cuffs for casual Friday at work.View attachment 4302962

Gorgeous! I have a paler cw and sometimes think this is what I should have gone for...

When I discovered the Treble Clef, I pursued this scarf madly... until I finally found the red CW! I would’ve also settled for blac

Thank you so much! I’ve always avoided light colored scarves so this is new for me and Etude de Gala was a milestone for me: the mostly white CW!

Thank you so much! Keeps it tidy and elegant,

So rich and elegant... I would love to own this design!

Beautiful!

I love the Alice Shirley black and white scarves... So gorgeous!

Thank you, fifi. You’re a dear.

Reactions: Living.la.vida.fifi

What's a B/K/C??

Status
Not open for further replies.