Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2019 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some more firsts.
First mousseline was Rose compass in mousseline stole format. I couldn’t decide between the blue and the pink CWs, so bought both! The pink one is still my most used

View attachment 4299768View attachment 4299769
My first and ONLY! Dip dye. Found in a drawer at Honolulu boutique - last one they had .
View attachment 4299779

My first Maxi Twilly. Original longer length. Chasse en Inde.
View attachment 4299780
My first men’s scarf. silk/cotton 100. Bains D’H by Ugo Gattoni.
View attachment 4299781
My first 70 was an eBay find. Love the whimsy, and the soft feel of the 70 vintage silks.

View attachment 4299784

My first CSGM. cavaliers du Caucase. Great for travel with black. Now that I am trying to wear navy more than black, it doesn’t get as much use.View attachment 4299785

I love all your firsts but especially love that your dip dye from the Honolulu store is of Aloha! (Hey, that could count as another first - first travel souvenir scarf-on-site purchase!)

Gorgeous!!!
Uhm, if you don't mind me asking, how many multiples of Kachinas did you get? [emoji6]
Well, I have three: the first was the pink one, then an ivory and a turquoise followed. The thing is that I wouldn’t mind adding more CWs. It’s one of those that I still love and wear often... Timeless!

My first scarf was purchased in October - Into the Canadian Wild by Alice Shirley. I had been watching H scarves for a while but couldn't bring myself to deal with the cost/trusting myself to wear one. I came across this design and thought YES, that's the one, and I'm going to frame it. I had been hunting this one in particular for months and dealt with a few different sellers that weren't working out. Up late one night I saw a new scarf available on Ebay so I quickly messaged the seller. She ended up being wonderful and living 45 minutes away from me! After a week of chat I bought it! I had never seen any colorway of this scarf in person and boy did it not disappoint at all. AND on top of it I still keep in touch with the woman I bought it from; I will forever think of her when I wear it.

I have to say, it was the perfect first scarf, I LOVE everything about it. The colors are amazing, they change depending how you wear it etc. I wish I had a better photo of me wearing it but for now the attached will have to do. I work in a very casual environment so we only dress if important people are coming in, clients or otherwise. This photo was before I had a scarf ring, I used a loose black hair-tie so no creasing. I think I will love this scarf forever, it makes me so happy inside to look at it and wear it. Maybe one day when I have a bigger collection I will frame it. Since then I've been riding the slipper Orange slope, but I'll save that for another post.View attachment 4299682 View attachment 4299684 View attachment 4299683
Oh, what a great story! And a magnificent scarf! And so versatile and wearable with that amazing mix of colors... And I can totally relate to the fact that you were intending to frame it at first. That was what I intended to do with my first purchase: I bought it as a souvenir to be framed!

My first jacquard (and only one currently) is Amours:
View attachment 4299689

And the first (and so far only) time I ever knowingly and willfully pursued a design in the same format with different colors ways.... my beloved Jaguar Quetzal...

1st JQ

View attachment 4299691

and the oopsie I had to have a repeat purple one...

View attachment 4299690
@bunnycat you look so beautiful in that first pic! Love the entire outfit... And of course your first pursuit had to be cat themed... JQ is one of those designs that I never tire of and pull when I need a “special” scarf.

Some more firsts.
First mousseline was Rose compass in mousseline stole format. I couldn’t decide between the blue and the pink CWs, so bought both! The pink one is still my most used

View attachment 4299768View attachment 4299769
My first and ONLY! Dip dye. Found in a drawer at Honolulu boutique - last one they had .
View attachment 4299779

My first Maxi Twilly. Original longer length. Chasse en Inde.
View attachment 4299780
My first men’s scarf. silk/cotton 100. Bains D’H by Ugo Gattoni.
View attachment 4299781
My first 70 was an eBay find. Love the whimsy, and the soft feel of the 70 vintage silks.

View attachment 4299784

My first CSGM. cavaliers du Caucase. Great for travel with black. Now that I am trying to wear navy more than black, it doesn’t get as much use.View attachment 4299785
Please pick me up from the floor! The Rose de Compass are splendorous! Both!! And your pic is the perfect reminder that I needed the Bain. Can’t believe I passed it up and wonder whether it’s still available out there... It is gorgeous on you! And are you sure you can’t wear the Cavaliers with navy? I would think you could...

Ahhh, I’m dying to get caught up on this thread but I need to work. I love the theme for this week - all the wonderful stories about our firsts are a treat to read. I’ll come back later tonight but in the meantime, I’ve just acquired my first seasonal scarf: De Passage a Moscou. I wanted something wintery but not Xmassy. Plus Moscow is on my bucket list so when I came upon this beauty, I couldn’t resist. It ties so well!
d8ac66f6837949018107dfe87a169574.jpg

7690569e60ec97e30d42ee268f405e2c.jpg

Will post more pics in the grail thread tonight.

Reactions: scarf1
Ahhh, I’m dying to get caught up on this thread but I need to work. I love the theme for this week - all the wonderful stories about our firsts are a treat to read. I’ll come back later tonight but in the meantime, I’ve just acquired my first seasonal scarf: De Passage a Moscou. I wanted something wintery but not Xmassy. Plus Moscow is on my bucket list so when I came upon this beauty, I couldn’t resist. It ties so well!

OMG Major Grail! I also love the seasonal scarves that are not specifically holiday-ish... You are so lucky to have found this glorious beauty! Magnificent!

i'm dying for this passage!! :drool: :drool:

Reactions: xincinsin

That scarf is STUNNING on you!! I love those colors and I really really love your hair color! Can you possibly message me about what you had done and upkeep of it? I've done various shades of reds and more recently purples all with their own upkeep issues.

Reactions: scarf1
Well, I have three: the first was the pink one, then an ivory and a turquoise followed. The thing is that I wouldn’t mind adding more CWs. It’s one of those that I still love and wear often... Timeless!

Oh, what a great story! And a magnificent scarf! And so versatile and wearable with that amazing mix of colors... And I can totally relate to the fact that you were intending to frame it at first. That was what I intended to do with my first purchase: I bought it as a souvenir to be framed!

@bunnycat you look so beautiful in that first pic! Love the entire outfit... And of course your first pursuit had to be cat themed... JQ is one of those designs that I never tire of and pull when I need a “special” scarf.

Please pick me up from the floor! The Rose de Compass are splendorous! Both!! And your pic is the perfect reminder that I needed the Bain. Can’t believe I passed it up and wonder whether it’s still available out there... It is gorgeous on you! And are you sure you can’t wear the Cavaliers with navy? I would think you could...
Fantastic! I look forward to watching your Kachinas collection grow.

Reactions: Living.la.vida.fifi

Oh you lucky, lucky thing!!!!! It's TDF. [emoji173]️[emoji173]️

I don't have many twillies. Perhaps because I don't have any bags to decorate and protect? I bought my first twilly about two years ago because, for some strange reason, I decided that a twilly would be like an amuse bouche for a 90cm main course (I wuz probably suffering from scarf fever...).

My first twilly was a Sanrio pink Alphabet. I never used it because I didn't know what to do with it. Then I discovered that some designs are only on twillies or redesigned for twillies. So I bought #2, 3 and 4. But none of them matched Ms Alphabet (I also suffer from matchy matchy OCD). Last year, I finally found her a partner. So Ms Alphabet went on her first outing today.
View attachment 4299621
Wait... what? This is two twillies tied together? Do you tie them at the back, and then bring the ends around and make the bow? Forgive me if I'm being dense. I suppose everyone else figured out how to do this years ago! :blush:

Reactions: scarf1 and Julide

This is a magnificent colorway of De Passage a Moscou. Congratulations on finding this grail... and in absolutely the best jewel tone for you!

OMG :wtf: where’s my faint emoji. Just spectacular!

This is my first Hermes Scarf ever and bought only a few weeks ago.
At the moment, life is dictating me to take it very slow. Because of circumstances, I purchased quite some Silk the last year ( pyjama’s, cushion-covers) and I’m very pleased with the feel of it to my skin. So, I treated myself with a -new to me - Rocaille. I already bought a vintage Dior scarf last spring and was both content with how it felt and surprised with how it looked on me, so it was an easy ‘jump’. In the last few weeks I noticed, I picked my clothes in a way that I could wear my scarves [emoji23]. When I told my husband, he said he wasn’t surprised because when he met me 38 years ago, I was wearing colourful scarves most every day ... I totally forgot about that ! I guess having children and living in the tropics for 10 years made me change my clothing style .... [emoji6]
And shortly after that, he announced he bought me a H Scarf for my birthday end of April in a colour that he thought would suit me. Analytical as he is, I think he had a peek at my colour-chart so he probably would have chosen periwinkle blue or coral ... I have something to look forward to ! And in the meantime, I am going to hunt for some additions [emoji4] So many beautiful designs and colours !View attachment 4299468

Give that DH a double-dear for remembering 38 years to the scarf!

Reactions: MoMaMo
Status
Not open for further replies.