Photos of your less than perfect vintage Hermès and share experiences

I am totally not an expert (really a relative noob) and maybe I just got super lucky but the 1999 K32 in box that I purchased this summer was about that price and had very little damage. While I did end up sending it to the spa, it required only the regular spa treatment with no extra love.

• Insightful
Reactions: ayakabx and 880
Hi all! I've found my birth year (1992) kelly 32 in gold courchevel (I believe?). There's some damage to the handle tab and corners - just wondering if you think it would be worth buying and restoring with hermes or if I should keep looking. Thank you!View attachment 5682348View attachment 5682349View attachment 5682350View attachment 5682351View attachment 5682352View attachment 5682353View attachment 5682354View attachment 5682355
IMO keep looking. This has structural damage and would be expensive to restore. Try to avoid bags that would require handle tab replacement. Also courcheval, pressed leather, may be harder to restore than say box

Hi! I’m interested in vintage Hermes and wondering where I should start looking. Would appreciate any help and suggestions :smile:
Welcome, Start here (click on this link). Also see the magnifying glass icon, upper right m and search resellers in the Hermes shopping subforum . If you are in the US, many of us use fashionphile, yoogis closet, or Ann’s fabulous finds. If you want to order from a Japanese reseller, like brand jfa or Brandoff, count on 10% customs plus state sales tax, and need for third party or H spa and possibly authentication by @bababebi . (Authenticate prior to purchase)

I am totally not an expert (really a relative noob) and maybe I just got super lucky but the 1999 K32 in box that I purchased this summer was about that price and had very little damage. While I did end up sending it to the spa, it required only the regular spa treatment with no extra love.
That's really good! The ones I'm looking at that are good condition are at least 10k+!

IMO keep looking. This has structural damage and would be expensive to restore. Try to avoid bags that would require handle tab replacement. Also courcheval, pressed leather, may be harder to restore than say box
Would you know roughly how much it would cost? All the better conditions ones are at least 10k plus that I can see!

roughly how much it would cost?

See above. The finds thread might also be of interest at least to track the pattern of prices on the resale market

During Covid SIP, at Japanese resellers brand jfa and Brandoff (kelly 32 sellier Bordeaux for 4K USD and 30B for 7K USD as well as fashionphile, (35 K retourne graphite, phw. 4K USD) prices may not deep as low, but you can do better than a bag with a torn shoulder pad and damaged strap

ETA: you can also post your finds on Docrides Lazarus thread to inquire if a vinatge bag can be saved or is a good deal

Last edited:
See above. The finds thread might also be of interest at least to track the pattern of prices on the resale market

During Covid SIP, at Japanese resellers brand jfa and Brandoff (kelly 32 sellier Bordeaux for 4K USD and 30B for 7K USD as well as fashionphile, (35 K retourne graphite, phw. 4K USD) prices may not deep as low, but you can do better than a bag with a torn shoulder pad and damaged strap

ETA: you can also post your finds on Docrides Lazarus thread to inquire if a vinatge bag can be saved or is a good deal
Thank you - that's really helpful :smile: I've posted on Docrides thread to ask for her opinion

• Thanks
Reactions: 880
What is it about this bag that appeals to you? The color? The leather? The price? First Kelly? First H bag? There are definite ’finds’ out there but it will help you weed through the distractions if you have a sense, not necessarily carved in stone, of what you’re looking for. :flowers:
I'm on the hunt for my birth year kelly (1992) - I do like gold on gold, most vintage Kelly's I see are black on gold. I guess I don't mind sending for repair at the spa but just depends on how much its going to be!

I'm on the hunt for my birth year kelly (1992) - I do like gold on gold, most vintage Kelly's I see are black on gold. I guess I don't mind sending for repair at the spa but just depends on how much its going to be!
On or around 2008, I bought my first vintage BBK28 for 2K and subsequently had it H spa-ed ; handle, sangliers, hardware replaced. I think it might have been 800-1200 USD altogether, but I don’t really recall. I also bought a variety of leather evelyn width cross body straps for perhaps 800-1200 each and had a new thin strap made. The costs can be significant and the work was over the course of many months, and I would not discount the time and effort. The additional concern is if the leather is so dry, it rips through the shoulder pads, it’s possible that the entire body may be dry as well. It is significantly easier to wait and find a preloved K in better condition that is structurally sound.

I did a search for my old costs here, see post 24:

Last edited: