Paris trip for Hermes

Please try to stay on topic. I realise because of the complexity of some of the posts members may veer off but in answer do not 'go there'.

For info and questions on US customs please post on the thread below: post https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/us-customs-discussion-airports-importing.905560/

or non-US destinations: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/does-h-store-paris-wants-to-ship.605014/page-3

For questions relating to prices https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-hermes-current-prices.102567/page-357

For traveling with boxes https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...me-hermes-boxes-when-traveling.1044553/page-5

I will leave this reminder as a sticky because tthis is often a thread that new members (or new Hermès lovers) post on - hopefully temporarily.

Last edited:
I find it super embarrassing to the brand and to the individuals involved. The pure gluttony of taking so many bags at once and demanding bags she had already declined only to decline them again. I don’t know, put a real sour taste in my mouth especially toward miss faubourg who I had always felt warm toward. Just all seems in really poor taste. Can’t imagine being a “nobody” who happened to have their own appointment that day but got turned away empty handed.
Same thing when an SA in any other store says no bags and shortly pulls a bunny out of a hat when there are other spendings. The worse is being hypocritical about it.

And then there's this ******** article, where the author managed to get 2 walk-in appointments and 8? 9? leather items, including 1 K, 1 mini C, 1 KP, 3 (3!) mini evies, and others (with a part 2 article coming!). All during Fashion Week.
I read the introduction and nearly vomited in my mouth. Someone's very egotistical and an over-indulgent parent and it really comes off in the writing.
And if I read correctly, she flat out lied to the leather hostess.

Same thing when an SA in any other store says no bags and shortly pulls a bunny out of a hat when there are other spendings. The worse is being hypocritical about it.
Exactly this. Their excuses are insulting my intelligence. Just say there is a long list for established customers and you are welcome to establish your profile at this store and that’s it.

I read the introduction and nearly vomited in my mouth. Someone's very egotistical and an over-indulgent parent and it really comes off in the writing.
And if I read correctly, she flat out lied to the leather hostess.
I’m just appalled by the amount of greed these so called H collectors exhibit. H does an amazing job making money off of the multiple patsies like me to indulge the whims of those like the author.

H may be brilliant at marketing and sure people are talking about the brand as a result but after seeing this writer’s experience it turns me off from wanting to shop fsh in Paris.

So many parts of that article made me cringe, including her descriptions of her “biggest concern” was failure at getting a bag (well clearly no need to have worried since she walked away with a half dozen) or that she was “petrified” about the experience (well she didn’t seem petrified having requested an appt with miss faubourg, or when she asked for a photo op with MC, or when she proceeded to ask for a second leather appt multiple times and even saying she was willing to wait all day to get serviced).

Separately, the writer states even though she’s a writer for that other media outlet, she had no connections at fsh, no special accommodations etc, and that she was on her own. Was she talking about prior to arrival or at any time? I don’t get the part when she was trying to get a second appointment and went to fsh to shop and talk to other clients and sas. On the day of the second appt she also writes she talked to sas and customers during part of a two hour wait for her sa. So am I understanding that at no point during this entire experience she never once mentioned she’s doing an article?

It’s not just what I perceive as greed that bothers me but what I see as lack of appreciation and grace. Multiple appt requests for starters. But maybe that’s the norm? Also, a noir k25, a rs mini c and two mini evies were not satisfying enough after the first trip she had to go back for more? And then she proceeds to turn down a k25 in craie and then asks the poor sa to bring back the Celeste k25 she turned down at the first appt. The sa then brings that back plus the mini evie she couldn’t buy at the first appt bc she was only allowed two. How were these bags even still available?

I am interested to see what this writer will be covering in the remaining articles esp that final surprise at the end of appt two. Perhaps her dream pink bag. It wouldn’t be a surprise to me at all.

So many members have had multiple appointments during paris trip, even after receiving a QB some will go back with spouse appointment to get something else. Many including me have bought multiple bags also during an appointment, my last trip i was offered K25, constance and mini lindy and have got them all. The only reason this article triggered everyone is that its from a famous blog writer and because lately alot of us are not lucky to get an appointment, if it was any other member it would have been fine.

So many members have had multiple appointments during paris trip, even after receiving a QB some will go back with spouse appointment to get something else. Many including me have bought multiple bags also during an appointment, my last trip i was offered K25, constance and mini lindy and have got them all. The only reason this article triggered everyone is that its from a famous blog writer and because lately alot of us are not lucky to get an appointment, if it was any other member it would have been fine.
Disagree with this. The feelings would be and have been the same when it’s a member here, it’s just not worth the drama to respond to it here (trust me it is thoroughly disected in other groups (FB, IG, YT, etc)). One thing that is being highly discussed everywhere now though is that since the author was able to get a second leather appointment by literally hanging around the store all day for several days harassing the appointment desk hostess three or more times a day (and this is all AFTER already getting a K25, C18, C slim, and two Evelyne TPMs) she was able to get another appointment where she was offered more K25s and eventually left with a KP and other items; my advice now to everyone who comes to read this thread: don’t take “no“ for an answer, keep asking, stand in the lobby until a new hostess takes over, ask again, make up stories, tell them pb sent you. That’s the take away. Heaven help those poor H employees.

Disagree with this. The feelings would be and have been the same when it’s a member here, it’s just not worth the drama to respond to it here (trust me it is thoroughly disected in other groups (FB, IG, YT, etc)). One thing that is being highly discussed everywhere now though is that since the author was able to get a second leather appointment by literally hanging around the store all day for several days harassing the appointment desk hostess three or more times a day (and this is all AFTER already getting a K25, C18, C slim, and two Evelyne TPMs) she was able to get another appointment where she was offered more K25s and eventually left with a KP and other items; my advice now to everyone who comes to read this thread: don’t take “no“ for an answer, keep asking, stand in the lobby until a new hostess takes over, ask again, make up stories, tell them pb sent you. That’s the take away. Heaven help those poor H employees.

Agree, especially re: poor H employees. I just read the article. I think it's quite sad and pathetic that she (or anyone for that matter) would spend their time in Paris hanging out at FSH or other H stores all day just to get an appointment. There are sooo many other things to do in Paris, and in life for that matter. And yes, I know she went and did some other things, but H scores seemed to be the main goal. Reading in this article and in other threads, like the "Overheard in H", the extent that people go through to get an H bag is mind boggling to me. I mean good grief! :annoyed: Don't get me wrong - I love my H bags and all, as well as the thrill of FSH, but "scoring", or the the failure to, are first world problems. I could go on and on about how this bugs me, but I'm getting off of my soap box now.

Last edited:
H may be brilliant at marketing and sure people are talking about the brand as a result but after seeing this writer’s experience it turns me off from wanting to shop fsh in Paris.

So many parts of that article made me cringe, including her descriptions of her “biggest concern” was failure at getting a bag (well clearly no need to have worried since she walked away with a half dozen) or that she was “petrified” about the experience (well she didn’t seem petrified having requested an appt with miss faubourg, or when she asked for a photo op with MC, or when she proceeded to ask for a second leather appt multiple times and even saying she was willing to wait all day to get serviced).

Separately, the writer states even though she’s a writer for that other media outlet, she had no connections at fsh, no special accommodations etc, and that she was on her own. Was she talking about prior to arrival or at any time? I don’t get the part when she was trying to get a second appointment and went to fsh to shop and talk to other clients and sas. On the day of the second appt she also writes she talked to sas and customers during part of a two hour wait for her sa. So am I understanding that at no point during this entire experience she never once mentioned she’s doing an article?

It’s not just what I perceive as greed that bothers me but what I see as lack of appreciation and grace. Multiple appt requests for starters. But maybe that’s the norm? Also, a noir k25, a rs mini c and two mini evies were not satisfying enough after the first trip she had to go back for more? And then she proceeds to turn down a k25 in craie and then asks the poor sa to bring back the Celeste k25 she turned down at the first appt. The sa then brings that back plus the mini evie she couldn’t buy at the first appt bc she was only allowed two. How were these bags even still available?

I am interested to see what this writer will be covering in the remaining articles esp that final surprise at the end of appt two. Perhaps her dream pink bag. It wouldn’t be a surprise to me at all.

I am sure that she got offered to place a special order.
This has to be the part 2.

I for one got annoyed at the authors tone in writing. She (and hence her daughter) came across as extremely entitled and like they feel they are better than others. Such as her writing about how clever her daughter is and her stating that ”Together our passion for bags and all things fashion is unrivaled.” It is difficult to feel any joy at her success after such an introduction.

Nope! The reason is because she didn't get an appointment, was pushy to get one. Fine. She got several QB/non-QB bags and leather pieces offered. Amazing! Good for her! Then pushy again to get another appointment the next day?! Not so fine. Got other items that she couldn't buy the first time. Not fine. The reason is the harassment to get more and more items. What if she had stayed longer in Paris? She would have tried another time to get more? And more? And more?...

my advice now to everyone who comes to read this thread: don’t take “no“ for an answer, keep asking, stand in the lobby until a new hostess takes over, ask again, make up stories, tell them pb sent you. That’s the take away. Heaven help those poor H employees.
I know some girl mentioned that's her plan for the upcoming trip to Paris because of tips and tricks like this all over the internet...good lord...If y'all ever run into some girl dressing in all baby pink from head to toe spending all day at any of the boutiques in Paris, that'll be her. :-s