Tips for Bringing Home Hermes Boxes When Traveling?

Hi tpfers!

I've seen images on IG that make me curious how you might be able to bring home bags and other goodies when traveling. In this example theres several huge boxes she flew from Paris --> home in the US, not sure how she does it! I think I'd die thinking about checking them in. How do you guys manage to bring home all these boxes when traveling?

Pic credit to @myismm on ig!

Screen Shot 2021-07-25 at 8.44.33 AM.png

Can they be folded flat?
I once bought bags (not hermes) while on vacation & the sa shipped the boxes to my home later on.
However, i later realized the boxes were too small to fit the bags....
So if you do have them shipped home, ask them to double check the size.

Or just message the person on ig & ask about her boxes

I put them in my checked luggage either nested and/or with my clothes inside. Purchases go in the carry on baggage.

Sometimes I check an extra empty bag if I know I’ll be making many purchases abroad.

I’ve shipped boxes back from the US before, but I find sticking them in checked luggage works well especially if you don’t need to pay for checked bags.

Hi:smile: I’m taking a one day trip to Vegas for the sole purpose of picking up a bag. I won’t have any luggage with me and I was hoping I might bring the big orange shopping bag on the plane and store it in the overhead?? Has anyone ever done this? Hermes won’t ship and empty box to me and I want to avoid waiting for my bag in the mail.

Hi:smile: I’m taking a one day trip to Vegas for the sole purpose of picking up a bag. I won’t have any luggage with me and I was hoping I might bring the big orange shopping bag on the plane and store it in the overhead?? Has anyone ever done this? Hermes won’t ship and empty box to me and I want to avoid waiting for my bag in the mail.
I haven’t done overhead but I did have a kind flight attendant put my bag in the captains closet for me. I bet you could ask

Reactions: Foxyprs
Yep, done this many many times. B30 was the largest though and it was kind of a tight fit for the first class overhead bins on a cross country (ie large) jet. Size 25s are no trouble unless you’re in a smaller 2x2 type aircraft then I’d be nervous. Also, if you’re in coach and it’s a full flight ( ie space is limited), they may try to get you to put the bag under the seat instead which would also make me nervous so I always make sure I’m in an upgraded seat for these trips. ETA though if you are seriously taking zero luggage, I’d probably bring an empty carry on roller bag instead and put the box and bag inside for the trip home for protection and privacy.

I keep my bag in dust bag and put in carry on to bring on flight. The box I keep in luggage where I stuffed in other items like clothing etc as check-in.

I did this when I purchased my B30 in Las Vegas. Flight was a 737, United First Class. It fit more than comfortably in the overhead. It looks from a later post that you’re getting a B35. Bigger box, but I still think it would fit. If you purchase other H goodies, just make sure to ask for a separate shopping bag for the B since the box will fit snuggly in the bag and will be protected by the bag. My SA put all of my purchases in one larger bag, so I had to remove the B30 box from the shopping bag to get it into the overhead; the bag was too big to fit. I was surprised no marks or damage to the box. Whew! But now I know to ask for separate shopping bags.

Reactions: Foxyprs
I agree with putting the box/bag in a carryon to keep the box from being smooshed in the overhead. Those flight attendants and other passengers make me cringe the way they shove bagss in. I would also ask for a white shopping bag so as not to call attention to yourself.

Reactions: DME
White bag, great idea:smile: I won’t have a suitcase I’ll be wondering around for like 12 hours in Vegas and I wouldn’t know what to do with a suitcase:sad: I’m gonna have to risk it with the overhead

In paris I had it shipped back to the states. had about 8+ various size orange box. + other brands. and you fill the boxes with clothes. shipping cost. less than $60 euros. will worth

In japan was even better. at St Regis. they bring me the box and shipped it out for me. Free. and insured. well worth $50USD tip.

I alway carry the products or in uses on my flight back.

Just mail them, although in Europe you technically need to have the bag with you for detaxe, and they seem to be enforcing this at least in France (in which case, if adding an H bag and box is too much to carry, I'd ship one of your luggage items ahead instead).

Just mail them, although in Europe you technically need to have the bag with you for detaxe, and they seem to be enforcing this at least in France (in which case, if adding an H bag and box is too much to carry, I'd ship one of your luggage items ahead instead).

Just left Amsterdam 3 weeks ago. they did not check. but they were checking middle eastern people. (not racist here. LOL. )
yes they do check.....in france. I just had to show them the products not the box. it is when entering the states. when you have all those box might create a problem in customs. if they pull you. that is why i shipped all the boxes.