Official Hermes Belt Thread

Hermès size Waist circumference cm to in ... just measure your waist or where you want the belt to hit you... this info is on their website under the belt kits size guide link...
70cm - 27.5"
75cm - 29.5"
80cm - 31.5"
85cm - 33.5"
90cm - 35.4"
95cm - 37.4"
100cm - 39.4"
105cm - 41.3"
110cm - 43.3"
115cm - 45.3"
120cm - 47.2"

i did it before, years ago. i scratched my H buckle then I brought it in Madison boutique. They gave me a new buckle in exchange of the old one and I paid around $200. but these was like 10 years ago so I'm not sure if they still allow it. Here's also an old thread I found.
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/h-belt-buckle-polishing.61816/
I've heard of exchanging buckles a few years ago, maybe 2 years ago. I think it depends on the store and/or the store manager.

Reactions: Frivole88
does hermes still allow you to replace your old H buckle for a new one? i did this before and i only paid around $200. i haven't buying belts for a long time time and i'm not sure if hermes still allows this, thanks.
i was told you can take your old buckle in and they will buff it and re-plate it..ONCE in the lifetime of you owning it (from the boutique you purchased)

So I bought a 95 cm belt. The first hole is to loose and the second hole is ok but will be tight if I tuck in my shirt. Will Hermès add an extra hole between the first and second hole at the store?

So I bought a 95 cm belt. The first hole is to loose and the second hole is ok but will be tight if I tuck in my shirt. Will Hermès add an extra hole between the first and second hole at the store?
Unlikely. The last time I had mine added additional holes (the belt was too big), they said they would add max of 2 holes each side with equal distance to existing holes. I would never leave a belt with uneven holes but if that's what you really want, it never hurts to ask.

Reactions: papertiger

Sounds like the strap size is too small for you, why don’t you bring it back and exchange for bigger size? H will add additional holes at the end of the holes but not sure if they are willing to do it in between. My suggestion is to contact your SA and see if they are willing to break the rules for you. Other option is taking it to a cobbler but you are risking of damaging the belt plus not be able to have it “service” at H if needed. Best is to return or exchange. Good luck.

I am new to Hermes belts and I am very excited I got my first one yesterday! However, I was expecting a black belt and buckle holder in the box. Did Hermes stop giving them? I’d like to have one to keep its shape inside. I ordered the item online but I’m unsure how they’re packaged now:

(Photo is credited to another online image)
99A5AF4F-FC03-41D5-82BA-5025D8FF8FC2.jpeg
Mine when I received it:
21784341-749D-49E1-928D-2014EB2D70B9.jpeg

I am new to Hermes belts and I am very excited I got my first one yesterday! However, I was expecting a black belt and buckle holder in the box. Did Hermes stop giving them? I’d like to have one to keep its shape inside. I ordered the item online but I’m unsure how they’re packaged now:

View attachment 4551234
Mine when I received it:
View attachment 4551233
I’m afraid so. When I started buying belts that’s how they were packaged but not anymore, I’ve bought new ones for my DH from 3 different stores and that’s how they’re packaged now.

View attachment 4551234
Mine when I received it:
View attachment 4551233

Thank you for posting pics. I really like the linen pouches. I don’t use the boxes for storing my belts, unless exotic.

Reactions: xy9794
Hi!
Question to guys and gals who have white belts: please share how you keep your belts looking pristine. I avoid color transfer but it’s starting to look dingy. I was told at Rodeo Dr. that H does not clean belts. TIA

Hoping someone can help me. I attached a picture of my belt buckle which I've had 11 months. It has reddish spots. Two of the spots occurred within a few months, so I took it back to the store. I thought I must have gotten something on it. The store tried to clean it, but it wouldn't come off.

I don't wear it often, and when I took it out to wear it last month, I saw more of the reddish spots. Now I realize that it's definitely not me getting something on it. My husband took it back to the store today, and they claim that I must be scratching it somehow and then it oxidizes. I believe it is faulty, but they will not replace (only choice of repair for $120).

Is this tarnish? And if so, is there anything I can do besides pay more for repairing it?

Attachments

• 2342.jpeg
    2342.jpeg
    177.3 KB · Views: 862
Hoping someone can help me. I attached a picture of my belt buckle which I've had 11 months. It has reddish spots. Two of the spots occurred within a few months, so I took it back to the store. I thought I must have gotten something on it. The store tried to clean it, but it wouldn't come off.

I don't wear it often, and when I took it out to wear it last month, I saw more of the reddish spots. Now I realize that it's definitely not me getting something on it. My husband took it back to the store today, and they claim that I must be scratching it somehow and then it oxidizes. I believe it is faulty, but they will not replace (only choice of repair for $120).

Is this tarnish? And if so, is there anything I can do besides pay more for repairing it?

Talk to your H store