New YSL shopping tote - thoughts??

Okay, no-one seems to have one, so I got it myself :biggrin:
fullsizeoutput_1930.jpeg
Now I'm debating if I should keep YSL or Mulberry Bayswater in this thread: Summer shopper: Mulberry Bayswater tote or Saint Laurent?

I must say I really like how lightweight YSL is, and its clean and understated silhouette. I only wish the color was more blush. The color is called Light Natural and looks more rose on YSL website. The photos on Mytheresa are much closer to reality. I will even add a comparison photo (photo from YSL is on top):
FEC95D24-D783-49EA-A94A-1FD54B304D84.jpg

Okay, no-one seems to have one, so I got it myself :biggrin:
View attachment 4412949
Now I'm debating if I should keep YSL or Mulberry Bayswater in this thread: Summer shopper: Mulberry Bayswater tote or Saint Laurent?

I must say I really like how lightweight YSL is, and its clean and understated silhouette. I only wish the color was more blush. The color is called Light Natural and looks more rose on YSL website. The photos on Mytheresa are much closer to reality. I will even add a comparison photo (photo from YSL is on top):
View attachment 4412952
I love that one! But these stories about quality issues have me scared. What did you end up doing?

I am interested in the large shopper tote but am worried about how it will hold up for everyday. I commute on the train to work so the bag would have to be durable. I am debating between this one and the Faure Le Page Daily Battle Tote. I am wondering if the canvas would be a better option. How has the Large Shopping tote held up as I have read here that the handles are fraying which is a huge pet peeve of mine so I just wanted to check to see how much of a problem that is. Here are the two bags I am looking at.
Canvas is always a better option. If you are going to use it everyday, carry heavy items like IPads/laptops canvas is stronger. :smile:

Reactions: HavPlenty
Anyone who has bought this bag recently?? I've been looking at a tote bag for work and travel and I quite like the style of this but I'm also worried about the negative experiences some of you have had with it. I don't plan on filling it with a lot of heavy things, just my lunch for work, headphones, water bottle, ipad mini, cardigan, etc.

I'm not a fan of the LV Neverfull and I liked the minimalistic style of this bag and that it doesn't break the bank.

Reactions: katlina
Anyone who has bought this bag recently?? I've been looking at a tote bag for work and travel and I quite like the style of this but I'm also worried about the negative experiences some of you have had with it. I don't plan on filling it with a lot of heavy things, just my lunch for work, headphones, water bottle, ipad mini, cardigan, etc.

I'm not a fan of the LV Neverfull and I liked the minimalistic style of this bag and that it doesn't break the bank.

I have this bag. It's gorgeous, pretty light weight and holds a lot, but I've had similar issues to some of the posters on here. The handles have frayed really badly, and the gold stamped logo has faded and looks dull.
I was told at my local store that they'd have to send it away for repair and don't know how long it will take and how much it will cost. The corners have held up fairly well though, if that helps.

Reactions: Lorz25

I have had bag since December 2017. I have quite a few bags that I rotate and haven’t really used this in summer as I got black. I got it back out today, since I am putting away my Pink Bayswater tote. I “use” my totes but never carry a laptop. I do not baby my totes at all; otherwise I would carry a shoulder bag. Mine still looks pretty new. I really do think how a bag wears is very ymmv, especially tote bags.

So, here is someone who just bought this second hand (new though, maybe worn once, even all the protective stickers were still in place).

ALL OF THE PROBLEMS you experiences happen to ALL BAGS that are made this way: Raw leather that has so-calld coat-edging on the leather sides will fray, after more or less years of year, the threads underneath will show etc.

Heat stamps that are not imprintend but printed ONto leather will also fade - sooner or later.
everything you have mentioned here in terms of faults has happened to my beloved COCCINELLE tote, which was almost identical in style, but it did hold up for 7 years. After that I had to literally trash it because the handles just fell apart, after a second edge-repair etc.

So regardless of whether a bag is from a high end designer or a middle one - if its unlined, raw leather and edge-coated, this will happen.

As for the bag that i bough. i DONT KNOW :sad: I am in desperate need of a replacement of the coccinelle bag, as my only other bags (chanel or the YSL uptown) arent big enough for work documents. But at he same time, I feel like because I know the above (problems will occur) i might as well get a leather tote by a less luxurious brand... this is giving me a real headache :sad:

Reactions: Seer
Very true. This bag might show wear and tear soon if you use it to death. This is what happened to one of my friends who loves her SL tote. Mine (I own 3) are in good condition still but I rotate them more often. If you're concerned about this, I would recommend a LV Neverfull or Goyard St. Louis. Coated canvas is more durable.

Reactions: prosciutto_di_parma
Just wondering if the heat stamp really fades super quick? I have been wanting this bag for so long but I will be really frustrated if the heat stamp fades in a minute... I was thinking about the toy tote too maybe if worn crossbody the stamp will stay on longer?

Just wondering if the heat stamp really fades super quick? I have been wanting this bag for so long but I will be really frustrated if the heat stamp fades in a minute... I was thinking about the toy tote too maybe if worn crossbody the stamp will stay on longer?
My heat stamp is fine. My tote is over 2 years old, but she is rotated with other bags.