New YSL shopping tote - thoughts??

I just read through this whole thread, and it seems to me that the quality problems are fairly recent. I wonder if anything has changed, or if people are more picky now or have carried their original bags longer?

I am still thinking of getting one, but will probably do so from Nordstrom, as I know they will take care of anything that goes wrong, even after some wear. Thanks, all, for sharing your photos and experiences!

Reactions: SushiLover
Hello, lovely TPFers! I'm so excited about this tote, but I am having the hardest time deciding between Black and Dusty Grey! Black is so classic and elegant, but I tend to lean more toward nudes and earth tones in all my other bags. I got this initially for the purpose of having a clean, sophisticated work tote option for a new job. Any opinions?!
20200317_154137.jpg 20200317_154405.jpg

Hello, lovely TPFers! I'm so excited about this tote, but I am having the hardest time deciding between Black and Dusty Grey! Black is so classic and elegant, but I tend to lean more toward nudes and earth tones in all my other bags. I got this initially for the purpose of having a clean, sophisticated work tote option for a new job. Any opinions?!
View attachment 4692469 View attachment 4692470
dusty grey!!

View attachment 4692469 View attachment 4692470

The dusty grey is gorgeous!! Another vote for dusty grey :smile:

I wish I read through this thread before buying mine from Neiman last month. :sad: they were running the gift card promotion and I had another gift card from December when I bought a pair of Hangisi flats. I ended up getting the Saint Laurent tote for less than $500 with tax.

The tote has been sitting in my closet due to quarantine. Who knows when I will be able to start using it but the reviews make me nervous! There’s no way for me to return it. It’s so sleek and well priced which is why I ended up getting it. I should have gotten the Celine Cabas instead - I just couldn’t talk myself into spending $2k for a tote!

I hope my Saint Laurent tote holds up well.....if/when I ever get to use it.

I wish I read through this thread before buying mine from Neiman last month. :sad: they were running the gift card promotion and I had another gift card from December when I bought a pair of Hangisi flats. I ended up getting the Saint Laurent tote for less than $500 with tax.

The tote has been sitting in my closet due to quarantine. Who knows when I will be able to start using it but the reviews make me nervous! There’s no way for me to return it. It’s so sleek and well priced which is why I ended up getting it. I should have gotten the Celine Cabas instead - I just couldn’t talk myself into spending $2k for a tote!

You won’t regret it. It a good tote and mine have hold up well. I have 3 and no issues whatsoever.

Less than $500 is a good deal! Enjoy it! As much as I love the look of Celine cabas, I also can’t talk myself into spending that much on a work bag that I know I’ll abuse, and I think it’s a bit on the heavier side. I think this Saint Laurent tote is a good buy especially considering how much you paid!

Reactions: baninny
I agree. I have had no issues at all with mine but for under $500 I would be happy to take the risk. It's a great bag.
Less than $500 is a good deal! Enjoy it! As much as I love the look of Celine cabas, I also can’t talk myself into spending that much on a work bag that I know I’ll abuse, and I think it’s a bit on the heavier side. I think this Saint Laurent tote is a good buy especially considering how much you paid!
Thank you! I feel much better. Can’t wait to finally use it.

I am interested in buying the SL shopping tote. I looked at one in 2019 at Nordstroms and noticed the YSL logo tag hanging from the strap was plastic. I didn’t purchase at the time because it seemed that if the tag became exposed it could break off pretty easily. I came across the description of the same bag recently and the logo tag was described as “metal.” If you have this bag could you confirm whether your YSL logo tag is metal or plastic. Thanks in advance.

I am interested in buying the SL shopping tote. I looked at one in 2019 at Nordstroms and noticed the YSL logo tag hanging from the strap was plastic. I didn’t purchase at the time because it seemed that if the tag became exposed it could break off pretty easily. I came across the description of the same bag recently and the logo tag was described as “metal.” If you have this bag could you confirm whether your YSL logo tag is metal or plastic. Thanks in advance.
That doesn’t seem right, it should be metal. I own three from different years and all have a metal YSL tag.