New YSL shopping tote - thoughts??

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. From the stories I've heard of late I would never purchase another one. But I have had mine for 2 years and have experienced no signs of wear at all. I don't use it exclusively but I go through patches where it is my main bag for a month or so then swap out but it looks as new.

So I'd not purchase again in case I got a bad one but I don't regret buying mine for a second.

Designerhbgirl likes this.
  2. Givenchy antigona tote. I have the canvas one with the poppy seed print. I love it. I like it better than LV and YSL totes

3. I bought this tote from Neimans about four months ago, the saint laurent is coming off the front of the bag and you can barely see it. Is that normal? I was told by Neimans I would need to contact YSL. Anyone else have the same issue?

4. Yes I did when I got my first tote. After 3 or 4 months the logo was fading. Luckily I bought it from Nordstrom so they just gave me a new one. I will be honest, when it comes to buying high end bags, I prefer to deal with Nordstrom than any of the other dept stores. I do hope you get a great resolution but my experience with Neiman has been the worst. I don’t think I will ever buy anything from them again.

5. I'm really interested in getting this bag as a bag for school to hold my laptop and stuff and at the start of this thread I was pretty set on it but towards the end, people really started not recommending it which makes me conflicted. The price isn't too bad for the bag and I don't want to spend too much as it is for school and the bag is very classy and simple and not in your face designer which is like, I wouldn't get the LV NF for school because of that but I was wondering if any of you had some tips or advice. I would probably get the black because it goes with everything and is classic.

6. It stretches at the handles, scratches easy and corners wear terrible. In my opinion it’s a waste of money on longevity. I’d get the LV NF in Azur or ebene print if you don’t like the monogram. They take weight and daily abuse well. Are lightweight compared to all leather, waterproof. I don’t care what people think of my bags, if I love it, I rock it and have started so many trends that way back in school years. I’d be the first to carry or wear something and the following week, others would be seen too! Be a flamingo in a flock of pigeons ♥️

purseobsesedsarah, RitaLA and highend like this.
  7. I have never had a problem with mine, I love it. But I think it can be hit and miss. I'd not fill it with a laptop and books though personally..There are not many bags I'd do that with anyway because most regular handbags aren't made for the weight of school items.

8. I have the croc embossed and it likely hides wear and tear a little better than the smooth leather. It is my everyday bag, I occasionally carry a large laptop or over fill it. I also carry a small nylon carry bag folded inside in case I have additional items I would not want to carry and no extra hands to do so without the assistance of another bag.

9. I've had my black tote since July 2016 and use it daily for work. I haven't had any issues with it at all. Mine has been holding up quite well. I put lots of things in my bag like my lunch, gym clothes (not runners) and drink bottle. I can imagine that the bag would stretch out quite a bit if you had a laptop in there daily. The straps will probably pull on your shoulders and create a pain point there so I would not recommend this bag if you're planning to put a laptop in there. I think it's a good price for what you get. Hope that helps.

10. I agree on not using it for laptops - have tried in the past but found that, with laptop and everything else thrown in, the straps really dig into my shoulders. It’d be better to find a bag with wider straps or to carry a laptop bag separately.

11. Mine came off after 2 months. And one of the corners was starting to peel. Brought it back to the shop told them that this has to be a quality issue. Then the Manager said it isn’t and that it’s probably normal wear and tear and how I used my bag. I took offense to that because I am very careful with my bags some I’ve had for years and they still look new ! She said the warranty is only for the hardware of the bag and not the leather ! They would repair the corner (free) and I could have the Saint Laurent imprinted again but it would be sent back to France and would take 6 months +. Obviously wasn’t pleased with that response coz the bag clearly has a quality issue. Then the Director of YSL came out coz I was not happy because I was the least expecting that they would replace the bag (I shop at LV quite often and if there is something defective they will replace for me ). I guess more annoyed too how they kept on saying over and over that ONLY hardware is covered and not the leather. the only hardware on the tote is the YSL on the clochette !! Well the Director is French and I spoke french talked to him about my issue. And he said the same thing as he Manager. He was definitely more pleasant than her. But I was truly disappointed with the after service if I was to compare with LV Gucci etc.
    So I had the corner repaired didn’t want to wait for the 6 months to ship it out to get imprinted. This is my only YSL purchase and will definitely be my last !

12. Omg I have the same issue with the straps! I've also had mine two years now- they started fraying well over a year ago but I ignored it since I was using it for school every day :/ Now that I'm finished with school I want to take it in to have them repaired, but it's very disappointing the repair didn't even keep! I'm sorry this happened to you :/ If you decide to take it back please update us! I can also let you know as I plan to take mine in in the next few weeks.

13. I used mine for school- I posted above that it had some quality issues with the straps fraying only a few months into wearing it, but in terms of capacity it was great for school. I could fit my laptop, notebook, one textbook or two small books, pencil case, lunch, and a sweater or sweatshirt, plus all the normal things I would carry in a purse (wallet, water bottle, small things like lip balm and mirror went in the pouch, etc). And it's black w/ gold hardware so I never worried about getting it dirty (also to note that I live in NYC where it rains and snows often- it frequently got wet but it hasn't seemed to damage the leather at all). And yes it is a very classy and understated bag, you can even tuck the charm inside so no one would even know it's YSL unless they looked closely at the stamp. All of that said- I'm not sure I could in good conscience recommend the bag, simply because of the quality issues I've had with the straps. Lol, sorry, I know that doesn't really help with your decision!

14. I bought this bag earlier this year and since its purchase I have been using it continuously for college. I find it sooo amazingly practical and elegant, I have no problem using this bag - whereas when I used to get a new bag I babied it and worried about damage - and still, it remains in good condition. I should note that while the bag is delicate I have no problem filling it with my laptop, water, snacks, makeup, etc (and even a textbook on one - imprudent - occasion). I personally prefer this bag with a bit of weight in it or else it will not stay on my shoulders, speaking of which, this is the first tote which I find comfortable and really anchors itself to my shoulders! The only drawback is that if it's pouring with rain the open top isn't favourable, I tend to use a stronger leather zip-top bag. I chose to buy this bag because it was extremely subtle, doesn't scream out that it is a designer handbag - the main thing I was looking for because it's kinda unsafe to carry designer bags sometimes (though I believe I could tell the bag is YSL because of the quality, spotted the same bag a few times so easily aha). I hope this is a permanent bag in the collection, because I hope to buy another colour in a couple of years. :biggrin:

venusdoom likes this.
  15. Yes it SUCKS.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice