New YSL shopping tote - thoughts??

I'm really interested in getting this bag as a bag for school to hold my laptop and stuff and at the start of this thread I was pretty set on it but towards the end, people really started not recommending it which makes me conflicted. The price isn't too bad for the bag and I don't want to spend too much as it is for school and the bag is very classy and simple and not in your face designer which is like, I wouldn't get the LV NF for school because of that but I was wondering if any of you had some tips or advice. I would probably get the black because it goes with everything and is classic.

Purchased this directly from Saint Laurent Fifth Ave couple years ago and used occasionally to carry a macbook pro and not much else. The handles started to split after a couple of months, like to the point where had I kept using they would have completely broken apart. I will say that they did replace it without too much hassle, but sadly the replacement had the exact same issue. Please don't waste your money.

Reactions: highend
I am interested in the large shopper tote but am worried about how it will hold up for everyday. I commute on the train to work so the bag would have to be durable. I am debating between this one and the Faure Le Page Daily Battle Tote. I am wondering if the canvas would be a better option. How has the Large Shopping tote held up as I have read here that the handles are fraying which is a huge pet peeve of mine so I just wanted to check to see how much of a problem that is. Here are the two bags I am looking at.

Attachments

• SnipImage.JPG
    SnipImage.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,182
If you've read this thread you will have seen that for some of us it has held up great with no signs of wear and for others it has fallen apart fast. Mine has held up so for me I'd go YSL as I don't really like the look of the other.. Pick what's right for you and what you prefer because everyone's experience has differed.

Reactions: Designerhbgirl
I am interested in the large shopper tote but am worried about how it will hold up for everyday. I commute on the train to work so the bag would have to be durable. I am debating between this one and the Faure Le Page Daily Battle Tote. I am wondering if the canvas would be a better option. How has the Large Shopping tote held up as I have read here that the handles are fraying which is a huge pet peeve of mine so I just wanted to check to see how much of a problem that is. Here are the two bags I am looking at.
I have the dark gray and I noticed the wear on the corners. And I baby my bags. The handles are fine. I have several totes (Celine,Tory Burch, Alexander Wang, Givenchy Antigona and others) and I can tell you that my YSL is the one with the lowest leather quality. My other YSL bags are fine but that tote was not worth it for me. I regret the purchase. Some might disagree. Just sharing my personal experience

I haven’t had issues with mine and feel it was worth it. No fraying handles here.

I have this bag and using it as my workbag since 2016. I only use it during the dry season (like spring-early fall), just to avoid rain getting to my computer, although I had caught in the rain several times but the rain don't leave any water marks, just wipe it dry and the bag is good as new. I don't baby this bag and I often carry a lot with it (13.5" laptop, charger, plenty of document, wallet, lunch, books, and all other essentials). I will share a few pictures, one is the picture of the bag I took today, the other one is the corner which shows some wears, and the handle, which started to have some loose thread. Hopefully this will help you decide. [emoji2]tapatalk_1549431384999.jpegtapatalk_1549431378543.jpegtapatalk_1549431373755.jpeg

Reactions: Seer
Beyond upset with my shopping tote:sad: only 3 months of wear-- the logo and the straps are fine but the CORNERS! 3/4 damaged and I baby this bag! Does any one know how to repair bag corners?

Attachments

• 52598700_595466500916059_239293389932068864_n.jpg
    52598700_595466500916059_239293389932068864_n.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 1,118
  • 51939252_356058801661589_5807083555590766592_n.jpg
    51939252_356058801661589_5807083555590766592_n.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 1,116
I've had this tote since mid 2017 and have used it as my work bag ever since, great bag and carries a lot however I've just noticed the handles are cracked on the sides and its starting to fray. Has anyone else experienced this with their tote? If so, how did you go about repairing it?

Attachments

• YSL Shopping Tote.jpg
    YSL Shopping Tote.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 856
I've had this tote since mid 2017 and have used it as my work bag ever since, great bag and carries a lot however I've just noticed the handles are cracked on the sides and its starting to fray. Has anyone else experienced this with their tote? If so, how did you go about repairing it?
Yeah it's unfortunately a very common issue with this bag. I sent my bag to Leather Pros in LA, they did an amazing job (see before/after). I JUST got it back, so I'll try to remember to post an update in a few months to show how well they're holding up!IMG_4514.jpg IMG_4819.jpg

Yeah it's unfortunately a very common issue with this bag. I sent my bag to Leather Pros in LA, they did an amazing job (see before/after). I JUST got it back, so I'll try to remember to post an update in a few months to show how well they're holding up!View attachment 4380371 View attachment 4380372

Thanks for your reply, glad you were able to get the handles fixed. I’ll have to find a repairer in Australia that can do it. Looking forward to seeing how it holds up in the next few months for you!

This is what a brand new Saint Laurent shopper looks like after one week of wearing it... ONE WEEK! Sorry but this is not acceptable!

Attachments

• DCAC9CC5-D83C-45E1-B481-903115C6EF31.jpeg
    DCAC9CC5-D83C-45E1-B481-903115C6EF31.jpeg
    142.7 KB · Views: 718
  • 2AE270A8-3201-486D-9C28-4653B9D8837D.jpeg
    2AE270A8-3201-486D-9C28-4653B9D8837D.jpeg
    140 KB · Views: 723
  • FC73D8A1-259B-4EBD-B557-0391D7A1D531.jpeg
    FC73D8A1-259B-4EBD-B557-0391D7A1D531.jpeg
    127.2 KB · Views: 723
This is what a brand new Saint Laurent shopper looks like after one week of wearing it... ONE WEEK! Sorry but this is not acceptable!

So I returned the bag to the seller and the refunded me the money. Apparently it’s an issue to the bag that they cannot fix! I really love the design of the bag and thought it would be a nice, understated alternative to the LV Neverfull, but I think I’ll just spend a little more and get me an Epi Neverfull instead!

I went through this thread and saw someone asking about the N/S version of this tote, but no one actually replied anything about it. So does anyone own the vertical shopper? How does it hold up? Is it better/worse than the wider one? To me it looks more secure since basically the whole opening is gonna be under your shoulder. But what about the functionality?