2019 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

What bag do you use in really bad weather? It could be super hot weather, snow, torrential rain , etc but I am curious to see which bags holdup to these extremes.
If my schedule for this day calls for me to use a leather bag, then probably my AMcQueen Padlock in black. It is really a fuss-free bag. But if I could use any bag (my bad weather is usually stormy days) then a Longchamp nylon. Though I think during the last rainy seasons, during work days, I really wore leather bags, just not nubuck.

What bag do you use in really bad weather? It could be super hot weather, snow, torrential rain , etc but I am curious to see which bags holdup to these extremes.
my BVs and Bals! Always! Anytime! Anywhere! :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_20181219_1305143_2.jpg
    IMG_20181219_1305143_2.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_20190105_1315097.jpg
    IMG_20190105_1315097.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_20181221_1256314.jpg
    IMG_20181221_1256314.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 109
Cool questions!

I don't mean this against anyone who owns them, but the handbags in my closet will never be made of real croc or lizard skin...it would be altruistic to say because of ethical treatment, but it's really because I find reptiles icky...

I adore the Birkin, but because firstly, it is mainly hand carry, and secondly, I would never ask my DH to spend so much on one bag, I know it isn't for me...
+1 on the reptile exoctics, they do not work for me. Live in a climate where there is rain and snow (schools are closed today for snow/ice day) and I especially find larger exotics a bit creepy since it looks like an animal.

My other would no fanny packs. I had a Gucci one I bought in like 2007 and sold recently when they came back in style. I used it when I went hiking but now I prefer a nylon backpack for hiking!

I adore the Dior bags (my lady?) but I don’t think I will ever own one cause of the difficulty getting in and out bag. So I will admire in pics.

For work I use my LV neverful or a black Prada leather tote. Both have been through rain/snow/etc. I walk to the subway when I go to the city office so my bag is always exposed. Both bags handle the weather well.

On weekends if it is bad out I will use my Hermes bambou kelly or one of my Hermes Evelyn tpm. These bags have been soaked, I have literally fallen on them in ice/snow, splashed with dirty salt water from the road. I usually give them a quick wipe off when I get home. But when dried out and cleaned up they look practically new. These bags can take a beating!

Rotating my pens challenge (personal challenge) - I am enjoying this, too. I have used a different one each week and I am appreciating previous purchases! They still bring me joy! First three I have cycled through,
  • S. T. Dupont Liberte Ballpoint Pen in Pearly Nude
  • Pilot Metropolitan Red Fountain Pen
  • Visconti Van Gogh Tortoise Rollerball Pen
Morebags I’m with you on the pen rotation challenge but my goal is to rotate the fountain pens but only when the ink runs dry so the ink doesn’t dry up and clog the pen. Oddly, the Shaeffer I’ve been using is still going strong and I’m ready to move on! Anyhoo..back to you..hey you’ve been holding out! I only recall seeing the Pilot. Do post the others. Pretty please?:hugs:

Oh uh on the bag challenges ..erm:huh: I’m not exactly a good study. I kinda rotate at a snail’s place but use the monthly challenges as a reminder and guideline. I follow along all y’alls journey with great admiration:flowers:

This
it was my first BRAND NEW Balenciaga, hence a lot more expensive than any other in my collection for that moment, but i was agonizing for GETTING it, i NEEDED it, and finally we made a deal with my DH - he paid for it and that was his pressie for our wedding anny and my BD (both close enough to each other)
a lot has changed since then :lol:
now i don't feel that bad paying over 1,000 for a bag
but it also helped me to change my view, i learned that items that i feel that way about (craving, lusting, feeling itch to get, etc) are worth every penny, and in all cases when i got them, they turned out to be 100% success (my another Balenciaga City in calfskin, Tattoo 100 years anny tote, etc)

I’ve always wanted a Balenciaga..don’t know enough of the models to identify city vs. motorcycle vs...The bags just exemplify “cool!” This one with the rainbow hardware is even cooler! Your collection is impressive for sure!

my orange perforated hobo, still in the closet, but hasn't seen the light of the day in ages
my orange tote is out and ready for 'grab-n-go' but i keep dragging my feet for some reason, need to change this
my yellow small xbody bag is in the closet, but most likely will be handed down to my DD. Or, we'll be sharing it...
i still have my fluo yellow chevron flap but i don't have a picture at hands to post it

I really like that 1st bag with the perforations! Is it reversible? Looks like really buttery lambskin. I don’t recall whether you’ve posted modeling shots of this one..would you?:flowers:

I also love your well used mono PA!! Do you use that as a catch all or as a clutch?

Both! This is my "small bag in the big bag" method, as I need to carry my work laptop everyday but need to have the flexibility to step out to lunch. It works really well - I can't wait to see what happens when the corporate issued new laptop arrives (smaller, thinner, lighter) and how that will change the way I use my bags.

I am not the best about bag maintenance, so part of my approach for keeping bags looking nice is not subjecting them to extremes in the first place. We get a lot of rain where I live, so my biggest concern is waterproof--I keep a couple cheaper bags on hand for this, including a Furla PVC bag.

However, I also have a Prada clutch that's saffiano outside AND inside, which has been a godsend for dressing up in nasty weather. I don't understand why more brands don't make weather-resistant bags with weather-resistant linings.

I’ve always wanted a Balenciaga..don’t know enough of the models to identify city vs. motorcycle vs...The bags just exemplify “cool!” This one with the rainbow hardware is even cooler! Your collection is impressive for sure!

I really like that 1st bag with the perforations! Is it reversible? Looks like really buttery lambskin. I don’t recall whether you’ve posted modeling shots of this one..would you?:flowers:
thank you! :smile:
'Moto' line included all - the City, the First, the Velo, the Part time, etc, this was a new line which Bal launched under CD Nicholas Guesquiere and that was a kind of 'break through' with those studs, tassels, and hard-rock/moto chic
no, it's not reversible, and it's a very soft and nice to the touch hand made Italian bag, i used to wear it A LOT, and i still like it, just have others that have 'newer/fresher' vibe :smile:
now as i don't treasure it, i wear it in the summer, or somewhere where i can be totally careless
now it's dark, evening here, but i will do it for you tomorrow ;)

Reactions: Annabel Lee
thank you! :smile:
'Moto' line included all - the City, the First, the Velo, the Part time, etc, this was a new line which Bal launched under CD Nicholas Guesquiere and that was a kind of 'break through' with those studs, tassels, and hard-rock/moto chic
no, it's not reversible, and it's a very soft and nice to the touch hand made Italian bag, i used to wear it A LOT, and i still like it, just have others that have 'newer/fresher' vibe :smile:
now as i don't treasure it, i wear it in the summer, or somewhere where i can be totally careless
now it's dark, evening here, but i will do it for you tomorrow ;)

Thanks for the info on the Bal Moto line. I really want one..which one..seems I need to wander over to the Balenciaga thread and learn a few things. Somewhere I read they’re no longer available in the stores. Sad.

Finally, a pre-thanks for posting your modeling shot of the orange perf hobo.

Reactions: whateve
Usually my Le Pliage Neo - big and black and able to handle what ever nature throws at us. But even then, I don't worry about my other bags (except the H Drag 2) too much because I can wipe them all off easily.
I don't worry so much about super hot weather - I don't have anything that will melt.