2019 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Lately it's been anything LV for me. Water doesn't permeate the canvas. I have a Speedy 30 in DE and not worried about it getting soaked or scratched. So far it's taken a beating, even gone through TSA belt without a tray and looks great still.

2. Hi Sparkletastic, you're preempting my pen pic for next week! :lol:;):wave:
    I was planning to show some pens with non standard ink colours. Here's my green, purple and turquoise inks for you!
    IMG_3007.jpg

Hi essiedub, I only have one fountain pen. I bought it last summer. I do have a number of pretty rollerball and ballpoint pens. You also caught me holding out. I posted last night about my Visconti Van Gogh, knowing I would post the pic today. :giggle::blush:

Here is a pic from yesterday, submitting this week's bag-scarf-pen pic,
    • Hermes Etain Bolide 31
    • H Jardin de la Maharani
    • Visconti Van Gogh Tortoise Rollerball Pen
    9_51 Bolide, Jardin de la maharani, visconti van gogh tortoise.jpg

Here are the two previous bag-scarf-pen pics from earlier in this thread. :flowers:
    9_49 Chanel Black Reissue 226, ST Dupont,H Clic Clac a Pois Maxi Twilly.jpg
    9_50 Chanel red WOC Hermes Force Centrifuge Pilot Metropolitan.jpg

Meta, Miss_Dawn, vink and 13 others like this.
  3. The JW Hulme bucket bag or if it is raining really hard the Cuyana zipper tote. For the days that I don't need to carry my laptop, the Roots Edie in Tribe leather. Capture.PNG

4. Harrumph! Well... the Charles et Charlus arrived - and I hate it. What a bummer. The leather seems cheap, it looks cheap, it’s just yucko chucko all the way around.
    So I was grumpy - never good because ‘things’ happen. I got a project in my head (tho it had been floating around) and went to the fabric store, and ran a couple errands.
    And look what I found! I never in million years would have thought that my eye would have been caught by this - but it is so cute and so cheery - I had to have it.
    IMG_6270.JPG
    Made by CoLab in Montreal, on clearance too!

My project was to make a tote bag out of a couple scarves I just didn’t like and felt the chances of selling them was slim to none. So my red Vinci and La Marine a Rames have a new life ahead of them. I’m going to get an organizing thing to put in it to hold its shape better, but overall I’m happy with the results.
    IMG_6274.JPG

Shelby33, YellowBuggie, Meta and 17 others like this.
  5. I use a Furla saffiano bag in really bad weather.

Annabel Lee, taho and msd_bags like this.
  6. The bag you made is very cool. I like your new yellow bag too.

7. Thank you!
    It's a great sunny color, in some light it is a little golden. Today has been rainy, sunny, snowy, and now cloudy again - this is the perfect color for a day like this!

8. Stunning!

9. These are really cute! If I ever get the hankering for one of these - I know who I'll be PM-ing! :flowers:
    oh oh
    faint.gif
    (be still my heart!)

ksuromax likes this.
  10. They are all so well combined. Beautiful!

More bags likes this.
  11. I love everything about this bag: the color, the style, and how it opens up to get at your "gear."

I own one Botkier bag, but I never knew anything about the designer... not even her first name. And she is/was a photographer? How interesting!

vink, taho and essiedub like this.
  12. Didn't realize it had an outside pocket for a phone... that's a really good feature. I do wish it had an inside back zipped pocket for keys and a pen; I can't decide if this will be a deal-breaker. I'll just have to look at it in the boutique and see if it's true love.

I haven't thought much about color yet. They look really pretty in various brown/tan shades, but my Valentino, which is Cognac, already covers that base. I'm thinking some version of grey, since I have a ton of black bags. H does a grey called Etoupe, don't they? And it's pretty? But there's also Etain, which is darker, and also looke nice.

I don't know if either of these colors is available new. Or if I even WANT to buy new. Or if I'm educated enough to buy pre-loved. So this will definitely be a long-term project, which won't start until next fall after we've been to the boutique. It might be that I check one out, and... :yucky:

And then just think of the $$$ I'll be saving! :angel:

Miss_Dawn, taho, msd_bags and 4 others like this.
  13. Etoupe or etain would be perfect neutrals for year round. I am still looking to add one of those colours to my collection. Yes definitely try on. Also suggest sticking to clemence leather so the bag moulds to your body.

More bags likes this.
  14. Love that yellow!

Cookiefiend likes this.
  15. Sweet story... good save by your DH! :graucho:

Cookiefiend and lynne_ross like this.