2019 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

What bag do you use in really bad weather? It could be super hot weather, snow, torrential rain , etc but I am curious to see which bags holdup to these extremes.
Lately it's been anything LV for me. Water doesn't permeate the canvas. I have a Speedy 30 in DE and not worried about it getting soaked or scratched. So far it's taken a beating, even gone through TSA belt without a tray and looks great still.

I love what your criteria is for adding a bag. Every addition to our lives should really improve delight and / or function in a meaningful way.

I am trying hard to ignore the pen posts. I am a little mani about beautiful penmanship (comes from having too many relatives in elementary education I guess. Lol!). And I prefer writing in non standard ink colors (I love pink and green. I use green when marking up documents for work so it’s less negative to subordinates than red). So I could see pens being a slippery slope for me. I love yours and all others that have been shown.
Hi Sparkletastic, you're preempting my pen pic for next week! :lol:;):wave:
I was planning to show some pens with non standard ink colours. Here's my green, purple and turquoise inks for you!
IMG_3007.jpg

Morebags I’m with you on the pen rotation challenge but my goal is to rotate the fountain pens but only when the ink runs dry so the ink doesn’t dry up and clog the pen. Oddly, the Shaeffer I’ve been using is still going strong and I’m ready to move on! Anyhoo..back to you..hey you’ve been holding out! I only recall seeing the Pilot. Do post the others. Pretty please?:hugs:

Oh uh on the bag challenges ..erm:huh: I’m not exactly a good study. I kinda rotate at a snail’s place but use the monthly challenges as a reminder and guideline. I follow along all y’alls journey with great admiration:flowers:
Hi essiedub, I only have one fountain pen. I bought it last summer. I do have a number of pretty rollerball and ballpoint pens. You also caught me holding out. I posted last night about my Visconti Van Gogh, knowing I would post the pic today. :giggle::blush:

Here is a pic from yesterday, submitting this week's bag-scarf-pen pic,
  • Hermes Etain Bolide 31
  • H Jardin de la Maharani
  • Visconti Van Gogh Tortoise Rollerball Pen
9_51 Bolide, Jardin de la maharani, visconti van gogh tortoise.jpg

Here are the two previous bag-scarf-pen pics from earlier in this thread. :flowers:
9_49 Chanel Black Reissue 226, ST Dupont,H Clic Clac a Pois Maxi Twilly.jpg
9_50 Chanel red WOC Hermes Force Centrifuge Pilot Metropolitan.jpg

What bag do you use in really bad weather? It could be super hot weather, snow, torrential rain , etc but I am curious to see which bags holdup to these extremes.

The JW Hulme bucket bag or if it is raining really hard the Cuyana zipper tote. For the days that I don't need to carry my laptop, the Roots Edie in Tribe leather.Capture.PNG

Harrumph! Well... the Charles et Charlus arrived - and I hate it. What a bummer. The leather seems cheap, it looks cheap, it’s just yucko chucko all the way around.
So I was grumpy - never good because ‘things’ happen. I got a project in my head (tho it had been floating around) and went to the fabric store, and ran a couple errands.
And look what I found! I never in million years would have thought that my eye would have been caught by this - but it is so cute and so cheery - I had to have it.
IMG_6270.JPG
Made by CoLab in Montreal, on clearance too!

My project was to make a tote bag out of a couple scarves I just didn’t like and felt the chances of selling them was slim to none. So my red Vinci and La Marine a Rames have a new life ahead of them. I’m going to get an organizing thing to put in it to hold its shape better, but overall I’m happy with the results.
IMG_6274.JPG

I am not the best about bag maintenance, so part of my approach for keeping bags looking nice is not subjecting them to extremes in the first place. We get a lot of rain where I live, so my biggest concern is waterproof--I keep a couple cheaper bags on hand for this, including a Furla PVC bag.

However, I also have a Prada clutch that's saffiano outside AND inside, which has been a godsend for dressing up in nasty weather. I don't understand why more brands don't make weather-resistant bags with weather-resistant linings.
I use a Furla saffiano bag in really bad weather.

Harrumph! Well... the Charles et Charlus arrived - and I hate it. What a bummer. The leather seems cheap, it looks cheap, it’s just yucko chucko all the way around.
So I was grumpy - never good because ‘things’ happen. I got a project in my head (tho it had been floating around) and went to the fabric store, and ran a couple errands.
And look what I found! I never in million years would have thought that my eye would have been caught by this - but it is so cute and so cheery - I had to have it.
View attachment 4339527

My project was to make a tote bag out of a couple scarves I just didn’t like and felt the chances of selling them was slim to none. So my red Vinci and La Marine a Rames have a new life ahead of them. I’m going to get an organizing thing to put in it to hold its shape better, but overall I’m happy with the results.
View attachment 4339529
The bag you made is very cool. I like your new yellow bag too.

Moto City is available, with classic brass hw, or shiny silver/gold
but not as much as they used to be
and a few older models have been replaced by City-Small and City-mini
they looked alike (for not trained eyes at least) anyway, so if you have never had one, you will not notice the difference
here are the snaps i took very recently in the boutique, (sorry, could not find a properly facing snap of the red one) they are from Moto line and Graffiti line, and these just a few i have at hands (tons of them on my laptop!)
you can check Matchesfashion, NAP, Italist, they all have City in various sizes and colours
Needless to say, should you need any help, I'll be more than happy to assist! :flowers:
These are really cute! If I ever get the hankering for one of these - I know who I'll be PM-ing! :flowers:
For the orange of this week here are my orange Kelly and potiron Bolide
View attachment 4339336
oh oh
faint.gif
(be still my heart!)

Reactions: ksuromax
Hi Sparkletastic, you're preempting my pen pic for next week! :lol:;):wave:
I was planning to show some pens with non standard ink colours. Here's my green, purple and turquoise inks for you!
View attachment 4339438

Hi essiedub, I only have one fountain pen. I bought it last summer. I do have a number of pretty rollerball and ballpoint pens. You also caught me holding out. I posted last night about my Visconti Van Gogh, knowing I would post the pic today. :giggle::blush:

Here is a pic from yesterday, submitting this week's bag-scarf-pen pic,
  • Hermes Etain Bolide 31
  • H Jardin de la Maharani
  • Visconti Van Gogh Tortoise Rollerball Pen
View attachment 4339437

Here are the two previous bag-scarf-pen pics from earlier in this thread. :flowers:
View attachment 4339443
View attachment 4339444
They are all so well combined. Beautiful!

Reactions: More bags
I’m way behind on color posts...think this belongs in last week’s red/burgundy showcase.
This is the Botkier Sasha from what seems like a decade ago. I’ve always been attached to this one..perhaps the color and shape? Anyway, Monica Botkier was a photographer and designed this bag as a cute bag to carry all her camera gear ..so it lays open so she can easily access camera gear. I will demonstrate with my SLGs all lined up crosswise so I also can easily access without it being a big black hole. Isn’t it nifty? I can see everything and they stay in place without a bag sorter. I just think it’s so clever! And it’s convertible to larger capacity by unlatching the belt underneath.
View attachment 4337599 View attachment 4337600 View attachment 4337601
Just for fun, I’m showing the contents of my daily bag..I am trying to rotate through my SLGs and have switched in the LV mini zippy (or whatever it’s called) for the week.
-Agenda with calendar and notebook
-LV mini zippy holds toiletries, makeup etc
-Orange passport holder holds tissue pack
-Wallet..the best design ..compact yet not thick, coin compartment, card slots and bill-slot (I still carry cash)
-My phone
-My key holder
-Pencil case holding distance and reading glasses (I hate having to wear and carry glasses!:annoyed:)
I love everything about this bag: the color, the style, and how it opens up to get at your "gear."

I own one Botkier bag, but I never knew anything about the designer... not even her first name. And she is/was a photographer? How interesting!

I have 2 tpm Evelyns that I bought before the mini bag trend in 2013 and I just looooove the size. I use them if I have to run out for an errand or take my kids somewhere where I do not need to bring much and I always bring one for travel - tuck it into another bag. It can fit my wallet, keys, sunglasses and lipchap. It is a great size fir those purposes. If you want an everyday bag definitely go for a pm - it is more of a regular bag size and it has an outside pocket for your phone - must have these days.
What colour are you thinking?
Didn't realize it had an outside pocket for a phone... that's a really good feature. I do wish it had an inside back zipped pocket for keys and a pen; I can't decide if this will be a deal-breaker. I'll just have to look at it in the boutique and see if it's true love.

I haven't thought much about color yet. They look really pretty in various brown/tan shades, but my Valentino, which is Cognac, already covers that base. I'm thinking some version of grey, since I have a ton of black bags. H does a grey called Etoupe, don't they? And it's pretty? But there's also Etain, which is darker, and also looke nice.

I don't know if either of these colors is available new. Or if I even WANT to buy new. Or if I'm educated enough to buy pre-loved. So this will definitely be a long-term project, which won't start until next fall after we've been to the boutique. It might be that I check one out, and... :yucky:

And then just think of the $$$ I'll be saving! :angel:

Didn't realize it had an outside pocket for a phone... that's a really good feature. I do wish it had an inside back zipped pocket for keys and a pen; I can't decide if this will be a deal-breaker. I'll just have to look at it in the boutique and see if it's true love.

I haven't thought much about color yet. They look really pretty in various brown/tan shades, but my Valentino, which is Cognac, already covers that base. I'm thinking some version of grey, since I have a ton of black bags. H does a grey called Etoupe, don't they? And it's pretty? But there's also Etain, which is darker, and also looke nice.

I don't know if either of these colors is available new. Or if I even WANT to buy new. Or if I'm educated enough to buy pre-loved. So this will definitely be a long-term project, which won't start until next fall after we've been to the boutique. It might be that I check one out, and... :yucky:

And then just think of the $$$ I'll be saving! :angel:
Etoupe or etain would be perfect neutrals for year round. I am still looking to add one of those colours to my collection. Yes definitely try on. Also suggest sticking to clemence leather so the bag moulds to your body.

Reactions: More bags
View attachment 4339527

View attachment 4339529
Love that yellow!

Reactions: Cookiefiend
Lol! I was wondering where you were going with my bag!

I explained the idea of a push present to my DH before I had my first and he was like - your present is a baby! But I had a rough labour and delievery and in the recovery room the nurse asked me if my love bracelet (one my mom had bought me years before) was a present for giving birth (swear I did not pay her to say this!) and I said no and DH immediately goes ‘but we are going to get her another one after she is released’. The day after I was released DH took me to Cartier and bought me a second love. He had so bought into the literal meaning of it lol! But yes now I am left with stretch marks and future private school costs...ugh
Sweet story... good save by your DH! :graucho: