2019 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

I’m way behind on color posts...think this belongs in last week’s red/burgundy showcase.
This is the Botkier Sasha from what seems like a decade ago. I’ve always been attached to this one..perhaps the color and shape? Anyway, Monica Botkier was a photographer and designed this bag as a cute bag to carry all her camera gear ..so it lays open so she can easily access camera gear. I will demonstrate with my SLGs all lined up crosswise so I also can easily access without it being a big black hole. Isn’t it nifty? I can see everything and they stay in place without a bag sorter. I just think it’s so clever! And it’s convertible to larger capacity by unlatching the belt underneath.
F0A4CBA9-52AB-415B-8843-391F6501346C.jpeg 4B3C4D9F-CB10-4A96-BC11-B402EE1D924D.jpeg D7ECC504-B805-4C03-9823-89B322A2E04A.jpeg
Just for fun, I’m showing the contents of my daily bag..I am trying to rotate through my SLGs and have switched in the LV mini zippy (or whatever it’s called) for the week.
-Agenda with calendar and notebook
-LV mini zippy holds toiletries, makeup etc
-Orange passport holder holds tissue pack
-Wallet..the best design ..compact yet not thick, coin compartment, card slots and bill-slot (I still carry cash)
-My phone
-My key holder
-Pencil case holding distance and reading glasses (I hate having to wear and carry glasses!:annoyed:)

I’m way behind on color posts...think this belongs in last week’s red/burgundy showcase.
This is the Botkier Sasha from what seems like a decade ago. I’ve always been attached to this one..perhaps the color and shape? Anyway, Monica Botkier was a photographer and designed this bag as a cute bag to carry all her camera gear ..so it lays open so she can easily access camera gear. I will demonstrate with my SLGs all lined up crosswise so I also can easily access without it being a big black hole. Isn’t it nifty? I can see everything and they stay in place without a bag sorter. I just think it’s so clever! And it’s convertible to larger capacity by unlatching the belt underneath.
View attachment 4337599 View attachment 4337600 View attachment 4337601
Just for fun, I’m showing the contents of my daily bag..I am trying to rotate through my SLGs and have switched in the LV mini zippy (or whatever it’s called) for the week.
-Agenda with calendar and notebook
-LV mini zippy holds toiletries, makeup etc
-Orange passport holder holds tissue pack
-Wallet..the best design ..compact yet not thick, coin compartment, card slots and bill-slot (I still carry cash)
-My phone
-My key holder
-Pencil case holding distance and reading glasses (I hate having to wear and carry glasses!:annoyed:)

I love your Botkier! I had the twin of this bag in black. I wonder what happened to it? This one and the Trigger bag were such great designs.

Finally! This is my favorite tote. It's a BV from 8 years ago, beautiful mustard yellow. The neat thing about it is that it's got zipper along both sides so you can zip up and make it a neat flat tote, or zip halfway to make it a more triangle tote, or unzip all the way and make it a slouchy tote. The handles are also adjustable so can be made to be long enough for the shoulder and short enough for hand carrying.

This is another one of those "if I knew they'd retire it I'd bought it in few more colors" bag.
Bag twins, although mine is black. Love your colour!

Reactions: bellarusa
Swoon, all are great pieces, the coquelicot knocks me off my chair - it’s amazing! :love:
I have (or had, not sure yet) this habit of buying certain colours/styles just so I could physically hold them. Then reality sets in and I sell them. I've had three or four Firsts, knowing that the style doesn't work for me. Same with City bags. Hopefully I've learned, I seem to be doing at least a BIT better :biggrin:.

I said I wasn’t buying any sunglasses this year. But, yesterday I broke one of my go to / favorite pair that I’ve had for a few years. :crybaby: Dior Volute 2 in black /grey.

This is killing me because I lost my other favorite black pair, some simple Prada cat eyes when we were in Mexico last summer.

So how I have to get some black sunnies. Argh. I haven’t been looking so I don’t even know which ones I would want. I actually looked to see if either of these are still being sold (both are years old) and it seems that only those suspect online sunglasses sellers have them. Somehow I don’t think they are selling authentic sunglasses at 20% of the cost.

But, I do need to find two pair of nice black sunnies. In unrelated news I’ve already listed a pair of burgundy Prada ones that I don’t reach for. Lol!

What are your favorite sunglasses? Do you collect them like you collect your handbags?

Sorry about your shoes horror. [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33] Glad to hear eBay fix it for you.

The phone case is cute. I swear by iface case. I usually get them from Tokyo hand in Japan when I go there. (I go there every year so...)

I wear prescription glasses so my sunglasses needs to be a prescription, too. I just pick whatever my glasses shop has and look good on me. I don’t really care about the brand. More on whether or not it can fit my lenses and stay on my nose.

Same with me. I have fewer than 5 pairs, and some of those are ones that my sister and Mom didn't want so just let me borrow indefinitely. I don't do well with sunglasses because I can't see in them when driving (need my glasses and don't want to buy prescription sunglasses) and they actually make me sweatier when it's hot out and I wear them! As in, I fog them up!! Just regular sunglasses too, nothing too huge or special. :lol: :blush::giggle:

You can also get the lenses that change the color into darker color if it’s exposed to strong sunlight. I use that lenses with my prescription and it helps a lot. I don’t have to tote around my sunglasses everywhere.

Reactions: pdxhb and Rhl2987
You can also get the lenses that change the color into darker color if it’s exposed to strong sunlight. I use that lenses with my prescription and it helps a lot. I don’t have to tote around my sunglasses everywhere.
They talked me out of that when I got my glasses. They said they won't turn dark in the car, which is where I need sunglasses the most.

They talked me out of that when I got my glasses. They said they won't turn dark in the car, which is where I need sunglasses the most.
They will to a degree. I have transitional lenses and I got the darkest colour possible but they don't work nearly as well as my Maui Jims. But they do help somewhat if you're really light sensitive.

They will to a degree. I have transitional lenses and I got the darkest colour possible but they don't work nearly as well as my Maui Jims. But they do help somewhat if you're really light sensitive.
I really wanted some Chanel glasses they had last year but they looked terrible on me. You could get your prescription in the glasses and then there was a magnetic overlay that had the sunglasses lenses. It seemed like such a clever idea, and they sold out, but they stopped making them, so there must have been a reason.

I really wanted some Chanel glasses they had last year but they looked terrible on me. You could get your prescription in the glasses and then there was a magnetic overlay that had the sunglasses lenses. It seemed like such a clever idea, and they sold out, but they stopped making them, so there must have been a reason.
Seems like it might have been a bit of a tricky thing to have work properly!

Reactions: vink and whateve
All boxed up...
(Bless him, he can’t gift wrap!)

And all unboxed.

It’s an assortment of things I wanted over the year, in one go! I talk all the time about things I’m hankering for but don’t need, and Mr Dawn just makes notes and gets them for me. By the time I receive on Valentine’s, I’ve always forgotten my lust list and it’s a lovely surprise :giggle:

- LV Kirigami SLGs [emoji813]
- the YSL Pale Gold WOC I had my heart set on :yahoo::love:
- caramel cookies and Ferrero Rochers
- rose gold water bottles [emoji2]
- rose gold travel jewellery case
- Swarovski Tiffany Blue pen
- Parker Sonnet Fountain and Ballpen
- so many Diptyque goodies, including this year’s limited edition roses candles - Damascus and Grasse roses!!

My cup of happiness runs over :hbeat:

Your hubby needs to open a course on how to gift the significant other. I’ll send hubster there and enroll him in a heartbeat. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

And what do you think about YSL WOC? I’m looking for a WOC, but don’t want to fork out for Chanel anymore. I wonder if YSL can be as good. [emoji848]

I do not have any yellow bags but here are my two ‘orange bags’ - crevette Hermes kelly 32 and orange Hermes kelly wallet. The wallet I don’t count as a bag (so not in my quoted bag count) but I do sometimes use it as a stand along bag, sometimes even with a Hermes silver necklace as a strap. I have considered selling the wallet but now that my office has moved to agile and I work between multiple offices, so have given up a designated office, I might start using it for work since it will fit all my cards and phone.
The crevette bag is inbetween orange and pink. It is more beautiful in real life (more pink). I love the colour since it is easier to match with black than a true orange without looking Halloween themed and it goes well with all my spring/summer colours.

I like your crevette, although it doesn’t compliment my skin at all when I tried it on. [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Reactions: lynne_ross
My yellows and oranges :biggrin:

My dream bag, a Faye in a color Chloe calls "dusty yellow".
View attachment 4336888

I only have one orange bag, but I LOVE it. I wear it all the time and I think it matches everything. I got it from the Coach outlet but the leather quality isn't bad, and I love that it's from the Keith Haring collection!
View attachment 4336890

One of my first purses, a gift from my mom from I don't even know how old I was. Funny how this monogram shoulder style is back in fashion again!
View attachment 4336892

A bag I thrifted when I was a student in London. I love that rectangular shape, the same shape as an LV Danube. I've been wanting a Danube-esque bag shape for a while (sans logos), but it's hard to justify when I have this bag! It has inner dividers though, which makes the interior really teeny.
View attachment 4336901

An honorable mention to my yellow colorblocked bags (some of which I already posted during the red week, so I won't talk about them again). One of the ones I hadn't mentioned yet is the canvas tote I got from the Tate Modern, where I got to see Whaam! by Roy Lichtenstein. I really love going to art museums, and I especially love art from 20th and 21st century!
View attachment 4336893

I like your Wow clutch. [emoji4]

Reactions: bellebellebelle19