2019 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

How is everyone doing / feeling mentally and activity wise on shopping their closets vs. buying new bags?

I did get the black tote but, I’ve wanted that for a few years now. That being said, I do really want to try to stick and stay with enjoying my collection not buying new “just because”.

We’re only 38 days in. Lol! How are you feeling about your goals and your resolve to enjoy what you have vs. buying more? Are you on mission? Or are you lost in the bag searching / hunting / buying abyss?
Good question, so far so good. I am enjoying, loving and wearing what is in my closet. Any time I am tempted by a bag I ask myself which bag I would be willing to release in order to bring in that new bag. Is it truly filling a hole in my bag wardrobe? I have been tempted by a Rouge H Garden Party with no contrast stitching. The reason I am dithering is due to the strap drop. While I might be able to manage it over my shoulder with no coat I wonder if it would drive me nuts in the winter with a thick winter coat. :shrugs:

I wore my Jerome Dreyfuss bag again today . So now I have completed the three small bags wearing them two times each. How are you all doing with challenges.
Colour Challenge - complete
  • Red WOC
  • Red Reissue 226
  • Burgundy Lizard Coco Handle
Fresh Focus February - halfway completed
  • Red WOC, worn twice, 2 more outfits to go
Rotating my pens challenge (personal challenge) - I am enjoying this, too. I have used a different one each week and I am appreciating previous purchases! They still bring me joy! First three I have cycled through,
  • S. T. Dupont Liberte Ballpoint Pen in Pearly Nude
  • Pilot Metropolitan Red Fountain Pen
  • Visconti Van Gogh Tortoise Rollerball Pen

Last edited:
Good question, so far so good. I am enjoying, loving and wearing what is in my closet. Any time I am tempted by a bag I ask myself which bag I would be willing to release in order to bring in that new bag. Is it truly filling a hole in my bag wardrobe? I have been tempted by a Rouge H Garden Party with no contrast stitching. The reason I am dithering is due to the strap drop. While I might be able to manage it over my shoulder with no coat I wonder if it would drive me nuts in the winter with a thick winter coat. :shrugs:

Colour Challenge - complete
  • Red WOC
  • Red Reissue 226
  • Burgundy Lizard Coco Handle
Fresh Focus February - halfway completed
  • Red WOC, worn twice 2 more outfits to go
Rotating my pens challenge (personal challenge) - I am enjoying this, too. I have used a different one each week and I am appreciating previous purchases! They still bring me joy! First three I have cycled through,
  • S. T. Dupont Liberte Ball Point Pen in Pearly Nude
  • Pilot Metropolitan Red Fountain Pen
  • Visconti Van Gogh Tortoise Rollerball Pen
I love what your criteria is for adding a bag. Every addition to our lives should really improve delight and / or function in a meaningful way.

I am trying hard to ignore the pen posts. I am a little mani about beautiful penmanship (comes from having too many relatives in elementary education I guess. Lol!). And I prefer writing in non standard ink colors (I love pink and green. I use green when marking up documents for work so it’s less negative to subordinates than red). So I could see pens being a slippery slope for me. I love yours and all others that have been shown.

I’ve been surfing through thread and forums I never usually look at and getting fun perspective and new info.

This has made me think again about what / why I buy.

Questions for the day:

• We’ve talked about deal breakers. But what is the ONE thing (not brand) for a handbag that you will NOT have in your closet.

• What is the one bag you truly adore from afar but know isn’t for you.

I’ve been surfing through thread and forums I never usually look at and getting fun perspective and new info.

Questions for the day:

• We’ve talked about deal breakers. But what is the ONE thing (not brand) for a handbag that you will NOT have in your closet.

No highly structured bags with flaps (yes, I'm talking to you Chanel).
I love Balenciaga City bags but they don't work for me. I have a bunch of other Bal styles though.

Questions for the day:

Cool questions!

I don't mean this against anyone who owns them, but the handbags in my closet will never be made of real croc or lizard skin...it would be altruistic to say because of ethical treatment, but it's really because I find reptiles icky...

I adore the Birkin, but because firstly, it is mainly hand carry, and secondly, I would never ask my DH to spend so much on one bag, I know it isn't for me...

Cool questions!

I don't mean this against anyone who owns them, but the handbags in my closet will never be made of real croc or lizard skin...it would be altruistic to say because of ethical treatment, but it's really because I find reptiles icky...

I adore the Birkin, but because firstly, it is mainly hand carry, and secondly, I would never ask my DH to spend so much on one bag, I know it isn't for me...
I'm with you on the exotics. Not for me either.

Second day in my LV LockMe II BB. I was too busy to change as we were running from the morning til just now (9pm). :huh:

I just love how cute and practical this bag is. I really agonized over the price for such a little bag but, it’s worth every penny. It’s my 3rd most worn bag because I can wear it every way from super casual to evening (as a clutch.)

What has been the best bag that you worried and dithered over before you purchased it?
This
it was my first BRAND NEW Balenciaga, hence a lot more expensive than any other in my collection for that moment, but i was agonizing for GETTING it, i NEEDED it, and finally we made a deal with my DH - he paid for it and that was his pressie for our wedding anny and my BD (both close enough to each other)
a lot has changed since then :lol:
now i don't feel that bad paying over 1,000 for a bag
but it also helped me to change my view, i learned that items that i feel that way about (craving, lusting, feeling itch to get, etc) are worth every penny, and in all cases when i got them, they turned out to be 100% success (my another Balenciaga City in calfskin, Tattoo 100 years anny tote, etc)

Attachments

• IMG_1534.JPG
    IMG_1534.JPG
    194.4 KB · Views: 124
My yellows and oranges :biggrin:

My dream bag, a Faye in a color Chloe calls "dusty yellow".
View attachment 4336888

I only have one orange bag, but I LOVE it. I wear it all the time and I think it matches everything. I got it from the Coach outlet but the leather quality isn't bad, and I love that it's from the Keith Haring collection!
View attachment 4336890

One of my first purses, a gift from my mom from I don't even know how old I was. Funny how this monogram shoulder style is back in fashion again!
View attachment 4336892

A bag I thrifted when I was a student in London. I love that rectangular shape, the same shape as an LV Danube. I've been wanting a Danube-esque bag shape for a while (sans logos), but it's hard to justify when I have this bag! It has inner dividers though, which makes the interior really teeny.
View attachment 4336901

An honorable mention to my yellow colorblocked bags (some of which I already posted during the red week, so I won't talk about them again). One of the ones I hadn't mentioned yet is the canvas tote I got from the Tate Modern, where I got to see Whaam! by Roy Lichtenstein. I really love going to art museums, and I especially love art from 20th and 21st century!
View attachment 4336893
what a cool and fun looking collection!! :loveeyes:

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
my orange perforated hobo, still in the closet, but hasn't seen the light of the day in ages
my orange tote is out and ready for 'grab-n-go' but i keep dragging my feet for some reason, need to change this
my yellow small xbody bag is in the closet, but most likely will be handed down to my DD. Or, we'll be sharing it...
i still have my fluo yellow chevron flap but i don't have a picture at hands to post it

Attachments

• IMG_1501.JPG
    IMG_1501.JPG
    189.7 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_1503.JPG
    IMG_1503.JPG
    189.8 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG-20170304-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20170304-WA0010.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 120
The pic is of a pretty tote not a wallet. Which one did you just purchase? Do you love the item enough to “break in” the caviar? I knew with my red caviar jumbo that I was avoiding wearing it because of the plasticky caviar. So I eventually had to give in, sell it and buy one in lamb. The caviar tote I just bought isn’t plasticky. But, even if it was a teeny bit, I would wear it enough to soften it pretty quickly.

So, just my two cents on materials. I hope it softens over time do you can love it!

Do people really think sending me a stupid offer is a good use of their time??

I appreciate your two cents. I got this model (link in red) . I keep using it and hopefully it'll eventually break in or I'll encounter the same fate like you with this one and the low ball offers. :nuts: I've added to my listings I don't take offers and there is no "Make an offer" option, but I still get offers. I simply ask them to re-read item description because I've written it for purpose.

Questions for the day:

rigid structure. just no

i don't know any bag that i LIKE but can't wear
i usually don't like the bags that don't work for me, 'like' in the sense of ADMIRATION ....

my orange perforated hobo, still in the closet, but hasn't seen the light of the day in ages
my orange tote is out and ready for 'grab-n-go' but i keep dragging my feet for some reason, need to change this
my yellow small xbody bag is in the closet, but most likely will be handed down to my DD. Or, we'll be sharing it...
i still have my fluo yellow chevron flap but i don't have a picture at hands to post it
I love looking at these cheerful colors specially as we are about to be snowed in again.

Questions for the day:

For me there is almost always an exception the rule but The one must is it has to be well made even if it is inexpensive. No loose stitching, no faux leather, no satin linings, and it need to function.
As far as the one bag I adore from a far but can't do is the garden party. I love totes, but they need to go on my shoulder. If the strap was just about two inches longer I think I might have gone for it.