Paris trip for Hermes

Please try to stay on topic. I realise because of the complexity of some of the posts members may veer off but in answer do not 'go there'.

For info and questions on US customs please post on the thread below: post https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/us-customs-discussion-airports-importing.905560/

or non-US destinations: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/does-h-store-paris-wants-to-ship.605014/page-3

For questions relating to prices https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-hermes-current-prices.102567/page-357

For traveling with boxes https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...me-hermes-boxes-when-traveling.1044553/page-5

I will leave this reminder as a sticky because tthis is often a thread that new members (or new Hermès lovers) post on - hopefully temporarily.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for your sharing, I’ve only been to George V and FSH, will try Sevres. If you don’t mind could you please share what, when and how you were offered there? TIA

Long response, but hopefully useful info!

We stopped by the Sevres store on the first day of our July 2019 trip to Paris (if I recall, it was around 6:00 pm-ish), and when I asked if they had any Birkins in stock, I was told that they did not, and they did not have any appointments left for that day anyhow. They said the store opens at 10:00 am the following day, and they assign appointments to the individuals in line. I was in line at 8:30 am (not surprisingly the first person in line), and based on my observation, the first 20-30 or so in line were immediately assigned a Sales Associate. The rest of the people in line were given appointments for later the same day, I assume. In total, I'd say there were about 100 people in line when the store opened.

I was assigned a Sales Associate, who asked to see my passport, and then asked what I was looking for. I had my wish list typed up as a note in my phone, so I showed it to her, she snapped a quick picture, and headed to the stock room. While we were waiting for her to return, we observed several other SAs telling customers they did not have what the customer was looking for, or going to the stock room and coming back empty handed a few minutes later. My SA came back about 7-8 minutes later (empty handed), and asked if we would follow her (insert gasp here). She took us to an empty fitting room, and there was a box in there with my number 1 choice - 35 cm gold Birkin with gold hardware.

All in all, I think I got very lucky, not only to get the bag at all, but to get my first choice.

During our January 2020 visit, the process was much simpler. I simply contacted my SA in advance and made an appointment with her during my time in Paris. My wish list had narrowed a bit, and she offered me a 30 cm Birkin in Rouge Coeur (as my first choice was a red bag, ideally Kelly). While it was beautiful, my heart was set on a Kelly, and I ended up being offered a beautiful 32 cm Kelly return in black.

Long response, but hopefully useful info!

We stopped by the Sevres store on the first day of our July 2019 trip to Paris (if I recall, it was around 6:00 pm-ish), and when I asked if they had any Birkins in stock, I was told that they did not, and they did not have any appointments left for that day anyhow. They said the store opens at 10:00 am the following day, and they assign appointments to the individuals in line. I was in line at 8:30 am (not surprisingly the first person in line), and based on my observation, the first 20-30 or so in line were immediately assigned a Sales Associate. The rest of the people in line were given appointments for later the same day, I assume. In total, I'd say there were about 100 people in line when the store opened.

I was assigned a Sales Associate, who asked to see my passport, and then asked what I was looking for. I had my wish list typed up as a note in my phone, so I showed it to her, she snapped a quick picture, and headed to the stock room. While we were waiting for her to return, we observed several other SAs telling customers they did not have what the customer was looking for, or going to the stock room and coming back empty handed a few minutes later. My SA came back about 7-8 minutes later (empty handed), and asked if we would follow her (insert gasp here). She took us to an empty fitting room, and there was a box in there with my number 1 choice - 35 cm gold Birkin with gold hardware.

All in all, I think I got very lucky, not only to get the bag at all, but to get my first choice.

During our January 2020 visit, the process was much simpler. I simply contacted my SA in advance and made an appointment with her during my time in Paris. My wish list had narrowed a bit, and she offered me a 30 cm Birkin in Rouge Coeur (as my first choice was a red bag, ideally Kelly). While it was beautiful, my heart was set on a Kelly, and I ended up being offered a beautiful 32 cm Kelly return in black.
Wonderful thank you so much for your sharing, I will try Sevres my birthday is next week, hope that will bring me luck!

Hi,
I live in Paris and I’ve heard that the locals have been offered bags more easily since we don’t have to compete with many tourists like before yet I haven’t been able to get any appointment at FSH, each time my demand is refused by their online system.
If anyone lives in Paris and has recently been offered bags in general and especially quota bags (without being a VIP or having a long-term SA), could you please share your experience? TIA

If you keep getting declined an appointment, let's say 5-6 times, definitely try going to the boutique and asking in person. SA usually hate when everyone does it, but apart from a very small group, there are no tourists right now, only locals, so it should be fine. Try either morning or around 15-16.

If you keep getting declined an appointment, let's say 5-6 times, definitely try going to the boutique and asking in person. SA usually hate when everyone does it, but apart from a very small group, there are no tourists right now, only locals, so it should be fine. Try either morning or around 15-16.

Agree with this. I got lucky and secured an appointment on the first try for a few days ago (never happened before), and my SA mentioned that it is possible to walk in to the boutique to request an appointment if one has tried for several days and has been unsuccessful with the online appointment request.

That's true and this is what happened with me pre-corona in Feb 2020. I was rejected 6 times and they verified this when I gave them my passport. I was immediately given an appointment. I would imagine it would be much easier now since there are no tourists.

Agree with this. I got lucky and secured an appointment on the first try for a few days ago (never happened before), and my SA mentioned that it is possible to walk in to the boutique to request an appointment if one has tried for several days and has been unsuccessful with the online appointment request.
That's true and this is what happened with me pre-corona in Feb 2020. I was rejected 6 times and they verified this when I gave them my passport. I was immediately given an appointment. I would imagine it would be much easier now since there are no tourists.
I tried today at FSH at around 5PM and they didn’t even want to know how many times I’ve been denied and insist on keeping trying to get an online appointment. I’m kind of upset as today is my birthday and I thought it would bring me luck.

I tried today at FSH at around 5PM and they didn’t even want to know how many times I’ve been denied and insist on keeping trying to get an online appointment. I’m kind of upset as today is my birthday and I thought it would bring me luck.

The same thing happened to me as well today. I've been trying for a couple of days now, because tomorrow is my birthday but nothing. Went today to check the situation and was told no SA was available and that I should keep trying until I get an appointment.. I left empty handed and quite upset but I'm not gonna loose faith... Paris is just a train ride away, I just hope they don't shut down completely.

I wish you luck!!!!

• Love
Reactions: luzdetaiwan and fdc
The same thing happened to me as well today. I've been trying for a couple of days now, because tomorrow is my birthday but nothing. Went today to check the situation and was told no SA was available and that I should keep trying until I get an appointment.. I left empty handed and quite upset but I'm not gonna loose faith... Paris is just a train ride away, I just hope they don't shut down completely.

I wish you luck!!!!
You too and happy birthday!!

I hope you get lucky tomorrow! :hugs:
Thank you!

Hi, I am not Parisian, but I was there last week, so I will share my experience:smile:.
Both, me and my boyfriend applied for an appointment, but only I got one. I do have a previous history of buying bags and other things in Hermes shops in Paris, so I would assume this helped. My boyfriend has a history with Hermes as well, but only with a franchise shop in the city where he lives, outside of France, so he did not get an appointment.
The FSH shop was VERY busy around 6 PM, and I saw several people leaving with big Hermes shopping bags, which made me think that they managed to get a bag.
I managed to get the bag I wanted which was a beige Kelly 25 or 28, as I communicated to the SA. I got a beautiful Craie Kelly in size 28, together with some some scarfs and twillies. We also visited other shops for some scarfs and SLG´s and all the shops were quite busy.
The SA which helped us was very kind and accommodating, but did ask a lot of questions about my current collection, the bag I was carrying, other purchases we want to make......and I was really under impression that she was "profiling" us. She did it in a very pleasant and natural way, so I did not mind and it felt more like she was trying to get to know us.
After the lady left to check for our bag, we spent 20 minutes waiting in the leather department area and I even saw a lady trying two Birkins in size 25 which were offered to her. She was doing this in the general area, because it was were busy and I assume all the small rooms were taken. We however were taken to the small corner area on the ground floor where we were shown the bag, which we of course accepted.
After making some additional purchases, we left the shop and I noticed that a few people who were also standing in the area of leather department with us, were leaving the shop, but did not carry any bags, meaning they did not manage to get the bag (of their choice).
Ladysarah please let me know if you have any further questions:smile:

Last edited:
With COVID cases going up and harsh winter conditions in some parts of the world, I can't see the traffic at FSH back at the normal level as 2019 so how could it be so difficult to get an appointment on line? I would imagine over 70% of the daily traffic are from tourists. There is a lockup in the UK and 14 day quarantine requirement in home country if one has traveled to France. Are they making it more difficult that it seems?

Reactions: keodi