Paris trip for Hermes

Please try to stay on topic. I realise because of the complexity of some of the posts members may veer off but in answer do not 'go there'.

For info and questions on US customs please post on the thread below: post https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/us-customs-discussion-airports-importing.905560/

or non-US destinations: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/does-h-store-paris-wants-to-ship.605014/page-3

For questions relating to prices https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-hermes-current-prices.102567/page-357

For traveling with boxes https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...me-hermes-boxes-when-traveling.1044553/page-5

I will leave this reminder as a sticky because tthis is often a thread that new members (or new Hermès lovers) post on - hopefully temporarily.

Last edited:
I walked in and met an amazing SA who helped me in a lot of different departments like shoes, homeware, RTW.

My SA and I really connected, and she offered me her contact details and have been so responsive and friendly! I did mention leather and she can probably see from my purchase history I have been a client for awhile, and she said she couldn’t help me in leather, and recommended I talk to the hostess downstairs because people have had luck doing that, and try the infamous “walk-in”.

I don't have a bag on my own name, but a French friend of mine bought one for me in August three years ago.

From what I remember, she had a history at the store and requested the appointment walk-in. The appointment was scheduled for two days later at noon. On the day of the appointment, a female intern served us, and it was her last day of the internship. She gave us a B25 which was very exceptional situation.

Did you go shopping with this new aSA? Did she say she couldn't help you even though you were shopping together?

Met an amazing SA and really hit it off with her. Bought good amount of non-leather items. I have purchased a b25 previously from this store. We exchanged contacts and she said many times to contact her to schedule an appt. She’s been a total sweetheart but when I did bring up lack of success with lottery system, she said she couldn’t do much but positively encouraged me to ask the hostess downstairs. For others on the forum, if I continue buying from her on future visits, is there ever a chance of her personally offering me a bag? Or do bag offers ONLY come from the leather department?

Met an amazing SA and really hit it off with her. Bought good amount of non-leather items. I have purchased a b25 previously from this store. We exchanged contacts and she said many times to contact her to schedule an appt. She’s been a total sweetheart but when I did bring up lack of success with lottery system, she said she couldn’t do much but positively encouraged me to ask the hostess downstairs. For others on the forum, if I continue buying from her on future visits, is there ever a chance of her personally offering me a bag? Or do bag offers ONLY come from the leather department?
I'm curious why this SA can help across departments yet cannot help you with leather. I was also about to ask you which department she is based in and if you would like to shop regularly with her in that department going forward. Eg RTW or Fine Jewellery and watches or Maison.

Reactions: orangeboxdreams
This is pretty common at the flagship. I have had a similar experience and so have some friends of mine with regards to shopping in other departments and asking for leather appointment. I think it depends on the seniority of that particular SA in addition to many other factors that I don’t think we know much about. For example, a friend of mine clicked with a SA in the silk department, and after making a couple scarf purchases, she asked about a leather appointment and he was able to help her purchase a non-quota bag through him and not a different leather sales person. To me it seems like some of the SA’s have seniority and get permission to sell certain leather goods and others don’t. It sounds like the person that you met didn’t have much pull and couldn’t help you. It’s all very complicated I think and not so black-and-white.

This is pretty common at the flagship. I have had a similar experience and so have some friends of mine with regards to shopping in other departments and asking for leather appointment. I think it depends on the seniority of that particular SA in addition to many other factors that I don’t think we know much about. For example, a friend of mine clicked with a SA in the silk department, and after making a couple scarf purchases, she asked about a leather appointment and he was able to help her purchase a non-quota bag through him and not a different leather sales person. To me it seems like some of the SA’s have seniority and get permission to sell certain leather goods and others don’t. It sounds like the person that you met didn’t have much pull and couldn’t help you. It’s all very complicated I think and not so black-and-white.
Thank you for this insight! Unfortunately that was my suspicion as well, I don’t think this person is as senior and doesn’t have as much pull / couldn’t just crossover to offer anything in leather. Would you mind if I PM you to compare some more notes? Seems like your experience (and your friends’) have a lot of overlap with what I just saw in Paris! Thank you!

Reactions: hbr
One more question for the group…a lot of people claim the Paris lottery system is truly, 100% “random”. Can folks offer some thoughts on this? While I can see how this might be the case, I always thought this is quite counter-intuitive to their sales strategy. For example, this might annoy / turn-off true customers with longstanding purchase history. Maybe I am totally wrong and overthinking it. I’m also thinking the lottery system has evolved a bit over the years. So curious for what people think about the current Paris system vs. many years earlier.

The strange thing is in my past experience there used to be SAs who clearly were only based in their departments, including leather and those in charge of client accounts could assist across all departments. I used to shop with my SAs in their respective departments and then consolidate everything with my main CdC (Charge de Clientele) SAs. And now I notice from reading posts here there is some blurring of who can and cannot help with leather so it's creating confusion.

Reactions: hbr
The strange thing is in my past experience there used to be SAs who clearly were only based in their departments, including leather and those in charge of client accounts could assist across all departments. I used to shop with my SAs in their respective departments and then consolidate everything with my main CdC (Charge de Clientele) SAs. And now I notice from reading posts here there is some blurring of who can and cannot help with leather so it's creating confusion.
Yes I think this has definitely changed over the recent years.

Reactions: periogirl28
One more question for the group…a lot of people claim the Paris lottery system is truly, 100% “random”. Can folks offer some thoughts on this? While I can see how this might be the case, I always thought this is quite counter-intuitive to their sales strategy. For example, this might annoy / turn-off true customers with longstanding purchase history. Maybe I am totally wrong and overthinking it. I’m also thinking the lottery system has evolved a bit over the years. So curious for what people think about the current Paris system vs. many years earlier.
To share my experience with the Paris appointment system, I got only one 3 years ago. At that time I was living in Singapore and was coming back to France once a year.
During this appointment I bought an Evelyne PM and a men’s cashmere shawl. I stayed in contact with my SA after that and every time I was back I would try my luck at securing an appointment with him and at getting an appointment with the lottery. I tried with both my passport and my ID numbers and was never allocated one by the system since 2021. So now I randomly visit the boutique, talk to my SA and plan an appointment with him whenever he is available.
This appointment system is so frustrating! 😅

So I was chatting with my FSH SA about this when I was there in April. He said that there is some discussion around training SAs to sell across categories and some SAs are interested in learning about the other métiers and some want to stick with the métier they are in. My SA is not CdC but sells across categories including leather. But yes you’re right, it’s confusing.

So I was chatting with my FSH SA about this when I was there in April. He said that there is some discussion around training SAs to sell across categories and some SAs are interested in learning about the other métiers and some want to stick with the métier they are in. My SA is not CdC but sells across categories including leather. But yes you’re right, it’s confusing.
Thank you for sharing!