Paris trip for Hermes

Please try to stay on topic. I realise because of the complexity of some of the posts members may veer off but in answer do not 'go there'.

For info and questions on US customs please post on the thread below: post https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/us-customs-discussion-airports-importing.905560/

or non-US destinations: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/does-h-store-paris-wants-to-ship.605014/page-3

For questions relating to prices https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-hermes-current-prices.102567/page-357

For traveling with boxes https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...me-hermes-boxes-when-traveling.1044553/page-5

I will leave this reminder as a sticky because tthis is often a thread that new members (or new Hermès lovers) post on - hopefully temporarily.

Last edited:
Do you mind saying how long ago that was? Seems it’s gotten more difficult to do that over the last year, but maybe it’s just my experience.
When at Sevres this week, I overheard a client (from USA) asking questions about Evelyne mini on display, the SA gave her info about sizes, possible colors, etc... but told her she needed an appointment. Same store a few months ago, I asked my SA without an appointment and she "allowed" me to ask and buy a non quota bag.
So it's possible, depends on the day, time, SA, if store is busy or not, stars aligned... :smile:

Do you mind saying how long ago that was? Seems it’s gotten more difficult to do that over the last year, but maybe it’s just my experience.
This was just few months back in April. I did ask for cancellations every day morning around 11 in FSH mostly and it was very crowded and was turned down but one day, I just had time to go around 5.30 pm at sevres and somehow got lucky

Reactions: Beachbunny_chanel
Thank you! I went to the store around 4pm on the first day I was in Paris since my hotel was nearby. For this trip, I only wanted to buy something small as a souvenir given I am happy with my current bag collection. I went to the SLG section and asked the SA there if she has pegasus in stock and she said there was only one left. She showed me what she had and I was in love at the first sight and told her I would like to buy it. She asked me if I have an account and I said yes so she pulled out my profile to confirm the account information with me. She told me the stock has been pretty low and there were 2k people trying to get into the store prior Saturday which was pretty crazy. While we were chatting, I saw a Constance to go in the shelf so I asked her if it was on display only. She said they just got some inventory so she would check for me. I waited for about 10 minutes and she came back with a box telling me there was no constance to go but she found a Kelly to go in etoupe color instead. She hoped I would like it. Off course I LOVE it! I consider myself pretty lucky to meet such a nice SA : )
View attachment 5412758
That’s so nice of her and thank you for answering my questions. :smile:

Reactions: junngch
Very fortunate to have gotten 2 appointments since arriving in Paris 3 days ago. The first one was at George V and I left empty handed. The SA who helped us said they didn’t have things in stock other than a couple of mini 24/24’s.

Then I got an appointment at FSH the following day. It was at 6:15pm and I was probably their last customer since they closed at 6:30. I didn’t have any expectations whatsoever, but I was assisted by the loveliest SA who asked me for what I wanted. Told her my top 3 options (all pastels, wasn’t picky with hardware but leaned towards PHW) and she quickly went off to find them. She was gone for I would day less than 10 minutes and came back to say “You’re very lucky” and showed me this gorgeous purse.

Kelly 28 in Vert Criquet, PHW, in Evercolor leather. Note, I don’t have a crazy purchase history in Paris, just 2 pairs of Chypre sandals that I was lucky enough to get last March considering I have a very common shoe size (EU 38).

05417A5D-930A-4E57-B2FF-FBA3F424F195.jpeg

Kelly 28 in Vert Criquet, PHW, in Evercolor leather. Note, I don’t have a crazy purchase history in Paris, just 2 pairs of Chypre sandals that I was lucky enough to get last March considering I have a very common shoe size (EU 38).

Congratulation on your purchase!!! You didn’t say if both appointment were made with the same passport

Very fortunate to have gotten 2 appointments since arriving in Paris 3 days ago. The first one was at George V and I left empty handed. The SA who helped us said they didn’t have things in stock other than a couple of mini 24/24’s.

Then I got an appointment at FSH the following day. It was at 6:15pm and I was probably their last customer since they closed at 6:30. I didn’t have any expectations whatsoever, but I was assisted by the loveliest SA who asked me for what I wanted. Told her my top 3 options (all pastels, wasn’t picky with hardware but leaned towards PHW) and she quickly went off to find them. She was gone for I would day less than 10 minutes and came back to say “You’re very lucky” and showed me this gorgeous purse.

View attachment 5413360
Amazing! How did you manage two appts? Was this through the lottery?
I’m heading to paris today and applied this morning Pacific time with no response so I’m guessing it’s a no for Saturday

Reactions: BreezyE

View attachment 5413360
You are so lucky to get this color, This is the top sort after color this year according to an SA. And I have been asking for SLG in this colors and even those are hard to find. :smile: Use it often, this is beautiful, perfect for Summer months.

Reactions: eagle1002us
We went to fsh at 10.30am to check with the hostess as my spouse didn’t receive an appointment rejection. Requested for a walk in appointment but the nice lady told me it’s full today. It was our last day before we travel to other parts of eu. While we were waiting to book a taxi to head elsewhere (still at the slg area), about 2-3 mins later the hostess quietly approach us and whispered, I can slot you in for an appointment we have an opening. The sa came by very shortly and we proceed upstairs.
Options on the preferred bag specs were shared. The male SA told us all mini bags were in low supply. He also asked about all the bags my spouse already owns in detail right up to colour and hw.
Drinks were offered to us while we waited. About 15-20’mins later, he came back with 2 boxes and told us to wait while he arranged to bring us to level 2.
The first offer was a HSS black and white b25 in ghw and second offer was an ostrich p18 in Gris meyer. We were allowed to take both offers as an exception due to Mother’s Day.
Its truly a lucky and magical encounter. Now we can look forward to the prearranged appt in June!

We went to fsh at 10.30am to check with the hostess as my spouse didn’t receive an appointment rejection. Requested for a walk in appointment but the nice lady told me it’s full today. It was our last day before we travel to other parts of eu. While we were waiting to book a taxi to head elsewhere (still at the slg area), about 2-3 mins later the hostess quietly approach us and whispered, I can slot you in for an appointment we have an opening. The sa came by very shortly and we proceed upstairs.
Options on the preferred bag specs were shared. The male SA told us all mini bags were in low supply. He also asked about all the bags my spouse already owns in detail right up to colour and hw.
Drinks were offered to us while we waited. About 15-20’mins later, he came back with 2 boxes and told us to wait while he arranged to bring us to level 2.
The first offer was a HSS black and white b25 in ghw and second offer was an ostrich p18 in Gris meyer. We were allowed to take both offers as an exception due to Mother’s Day.
Its truly a lucky and magical encounter. Now we can look forward to the prearranged appt in June!
Great story of hope and timing. The fairy H must have been looking out for you. Congrats and post pics when you have a chance

Just buy what you love and genuinely want.
Even if you go in FSH and buy fine jewellery there is no guarantee that you will be offered a leather appointment or that if you did you will be offered a bag that youI actually desire
The pre-loved sites are full of unused watches, fine jewellery ,etc etc that people have purchased strategically in order to get a bag offer.
Try not to over think this..You will be doubly disappointed if you buy lots of things you dont want or love and dont get any bag offer at all.
I never thought that the new stuff on reseller sites would represent a certain amount of "strategic" spending to get a bag, but on the other hand I did wonder why so much jewelry is being sold as new. Thanks for this insight. I admit i bought a necklace (no diamonds, just silver) -- which I have yet to wear since I got it 3 years ago --to perk up what I saw as pre-spend.

I'm really hesitant to consider returning to FSH and coming home with a bag I may never use plus stuff I bought to look dedicated to H brand (Assuming I can get a bag). I studied economics and one of the first things they taught was that the more of the same thing you get the less satisfaction you will get from each additional one.

Similar thing happened to me: I secured an appointment on my August 2021 trip to Paris for my first day (yes I knew it was risky but I had to try). Unfortunately travel was still limited at the time and the day of my outbound flight, my direct flight got rescheduled and I was rebooked on a connecting flight, so I wouldn’t arrive in Paris until 4pm or so instead of 9am. Anyhow long story short, I missed the appointment (I did let Hermes know), and I tried for appointments the remainder of my trip with no luck. I returned to Paris last month (April 2022), friends and I all tried to secure appointments during the week. None of us had any luck. I feel I lost my big one in a million chance with that last missed appointment and will never secure one again (sad!).
The fates owe you one heckofa nice bag from FSH. If you don't get it directly from FSH can you buy one from a reputable reseller? I know from experience that --- and it's often enough said in this thread -- that the bags you may be offered, nice as they are, may not be your grail.

Hi!
I’ve been reading this forum for a bit, and it’s been super helpful. I know people have posted about this before but what would be top 3 hotels in Paris that can help get a leather appointment. I’m going in September and trying to plan it out. Thank you!

Hi!
I’ve been reading this forum for a bit, and it’s been super helpful. I know people have posted about this before but what would be top 3 hotels in Paris that can help get a leather appointment. I’m going in September and trying to plan it out. Thank you!

hi, hotels concierge cant get you appointment anymore, but doesnt hurt to try. Probably you could check out Four seasons and Shangri La.

The fates owe you one heckofa nice bag from FSH. If you don't get it directly from FSH can you buy one from a reputable reseller? I know from experience that --- and it's often enough said in this thread -- that the bags you may be offered, nice as they are, may not be your grail.
This is so sweet of you to say, I am actually returning to Paris in July for 3 days during my birthday (50! Yikes), so fingers crossed. I’ll think of your message while there.