Paris trip for Hermes

Please try to stay on topic. I realise because of the complexity of some of the posts members may veer off but in answer do not 'go there'.

For info and questions on US customs please post on the thread below: post https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/us-customs-discussion-airports-importing.905560/

or non-US destinations: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/does-h-store-paris-wants-to-ship.605014/page-3

For questions relating to prices https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-hermes-current-prices.102567/page-357

For traveling with boxes https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...me-hermes-boxes-when-traveling.1044553/page-5

I will leave this reminder as a sticky because tthis is often a thread that new members (or new Hermès lovers) post on - hopefully temporarily.

Last edited:
I have a lot of mixed feelings right now. Here's my experience.

As you have read earlier, I book this day trip specifically for this purchase. my appointment was originally at 405pm, and it was pushed all the way until 555pm until I told someone about it. When I was at the leather department, I overheard several people voicing out their concerns to the staff that their appointment has been pushed until quite close to 630pm. I don't know what will happen if it's beyond 630pm then. As I told some staff about my concerns earlier, I was served around 1745.

My SÁ was a very nice French man. He took my preference (basically everything b/k neutral color up until 32), I believed him when he said there's no bag, as I looked around the whole floor there was no big bag being handed out or checked out. I also have low expectation since I am among the last people served in the day (most bag might have already been given out). He instead spend a lot of time showing me some other more contemporary line, like Jypsie, Lindy and Bolide. I feel he genuinely wanted to help and that he hopes I walk away with a bag. This bag is meant to be a present for my sister (she wanted a k28 as you guys recalled from my July post). I in the end take the bolide 31 in gold, palladium hardware, as I hope she will like it since the size is similar to k 28 (it's past midnight where she is so I couldn't check). I was served until 730pm when the store already closed, and was the last person to leave the store I think. So maybe if your appointment is at 630pm they can still accommodate ?

One point I feel I am so stupid about is that the SÁ asked me if I want anything size 35 and I said no. I should have read from his insistence that there's something available in 35, but I was probably too fixated on my sister's k 28 wishes. Silly me.

Now I'm waiting for my eurostar and my sister just messaged and said she doesn't like it. I guess it isn't a happy ending; I have the choice of either go back to Paris to return for store credit in Paris, or for store credit in London. I'm trying to think which store is more wise if this store credit is going toward the Kelly for my sister.

I guess my conclusion is that it's always bloody difficult just to spend money in the Hermes store! Another lesson learn here is watch out if you have late appointment in the day.
How disappointing I really wanted this to have a happy ending ... if you do go back to Paris to try again please share

Reactions: March786

As you have read earlier, I book this day trip specifically for this purchase. my appointment was originally at 405pm, and it was pushed all the way until 555pm until I told someone about it. When I was at the leather department, I overheard several people voicing out their concerns to the staff that their appointment has been pushed until quite close to 630pm. I don't know what will happen if it's beyond 630pm then. As I told some staff about my concerns earlier, I was served around 1745.

My SÁ was a very nice French man. He took my preference (basically everything b/k neutral color up until 32), I believed him when he said there's no bag, as I looked around the whole floor there was no big bag being handed out or checked out. I also have low expectation since I am among the last people served in the day (most bag might have already been given out). He instead spend a lot of time showing me some other more contemporary line, like Jypsie, Lindy and Bolide. I feel he genuinely wanted to help and that he hopes I walk away with a bag. This bag is meant to be a present for my sister (she wanted a k28 as you guys recalled from my July post). I in the end take the bolide 31 in gold, palladium hardware, as I hope she will like it since the size is similar to k 28 (it's past midnight where she is so I couldn't check). I was served until 730pm when the store already closed, and was the last person to leave the store I think. So maybe if your appointment is at 630pm they can still accommodate ?

One point I feel I am so stupid about is that the SÁ asked me if I want anything size 35 and I said no. I should have read from his insistence that there's something available in 35, but I was probably too fixated on my sister's k 28 wishes. Silly me.

Now I'm waiting for my eurostar and my sister just messaged and said she doesn't like it. I guess it isn't a happy ending; I have the choice of either go back to Paris to return for store credit in Paris, or for store credit in London. I'm trying to think which store is more wise if this store credit is going toward the Kelly for my sister.

I guess my conclusion is that it's always bloody difficult just to spend money in the Hermes store! Another lesson learn here is watch out if you have late appointment in the day.

PS. You may hear more of me in the coming days / weeks as I will attempt more of these day trips to score one for my sister.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! I am so sorry you weren't successful this time, but I am sure you will be if you keep trying! Especially after the SA's start to recognise you. Is there any chance for you to stay longer than a day? I feel like there is too much pressure if you have to invest money for only one try at a time.

An SA at Serves advised me that the best time to go is after mid-September when all the artisans are back at work. And early November onward it starts to get difficult again with the Christmas crush.

PS. You may hear more of me in the coming days / weeks as I will attempt more of these day trips to score one for my sister.
You are a very sweet sister trying to obtain a bag for your sister, regardless of the outcome. This was one long day for you!:flowers:

aww Annabele your such a wonderful sister, I hope your sister appreciates what you did for her :hugs:
I'm sad your trip didn't go as expected but thankyou for all your updates and wishing you lots of luck next time x

For what it's worth, you sound like an amazingly devoted and dedicated sister and your sister is very lucky to have you! We are rooting for you and wishing you much success in your future H endeavors!

Hello, just here to report. No luck trying to secure appointments for two days and I have purchase history (mostly at FSH). Tomorrow is the only day I have for shopping. Anyone had any luck at the other two stores, or walk-in in FSH for B or K? It doesn't seem like they are taking walk ins at FSH.

Last edited:
Reactions: bellebellebelle19
Hello, just here to report. No luck trying to secure appointments for two days and I have purchase history (mostly at FSH). Tomorrow is the only day I have for shopping. Anyone has gotten luck at the other two stores, or walk-in in FSH for B or K? It doesn't seem like they are taking walk ins at FSH.

You should try Sevres! An SA there told me to go back after mid Sep... which is now!

Reactions: dianaetc
Hello, just here to report. No luck trying to secure appointments for two days and I have purchase history (mostly at FSH). Tomorrow is the only day I have for shopping. Anyone had any luck at the other two stores, or walk-in in FSH for B or K? It doesn't seem like they are taking walk ins at FSH.

Same here! No luck with appointment for two days (got an Kelly last September and still creating purchase history). also tried to ask at FSH after making purchase but got the same answer that they're fully booked.

Sevres told me that the stock is not good as shipment had been delayed (don't know whether it's true as i arrived late evening today).

The new system is not very visitor-friendly. I would rather stick to the old system-at least I can secure appointment by waking up early rather than a matter of luck.