Paris trip for Hermes

Please try to stay on topic. I realise because of the complexity of some of the posts members may veer off but in answer do not 'go there'.

For info and questions on US customs please post on the thread below: post https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/us-customs-discussion-airports-importing.905560/

or non-US destinations: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/does-h-store-paris-wants-to-ship.605014/page-3

For questions relating to prices https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-hermes-current-prices.102567/page-357

For traveling with boxes https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...me-hermes-boxes-when-traveling.1044553/page-5

I will leave this reminder as a sticky because tthis is often a thread that new members (or new Hermès lovers) post on - hopefully temporarily.

Last edited:
Question for all of the experts here: I’ll be staying at the Intercontinental in Marseille next month for a couple of days. Since concierge at 5 star hotels ~sometimes ~ can score an appointment for guests, would it be worth asking the concierge in Marseille to help me get a Paris leather appointment? Or would they laugh me off the face of the earth? Thanks in advance!
We stayed at the Four Seasons on our last trip and are VIP guests due to our frequency of stays. Even at that the concierge was unable to get us an appointment. It is worth asking, but I was told Hermes no longer takes appointment bookings from hotels.

Reactions: katkayrgb
Question for all of the experts here: I’ll be staying at the Intercontinental in Marseille next month for a couple of days. Since concierge at 5 star hotels ~sometimes ~ can score an appointment for guests, would it be worth asking the concierge in Marseille to help me get a Paris leather appointment? Or would they laugh me off the face of the earth? Thanks in advance!
Hermes no longer takes appointments from concierges

Reactions: katkayrgb
I’m sorry, I didn’t take too many pictures! Here’s a gorgeous Kelly en Disordre that I drooled over :smile: I’m actually not sure what the Kelly variation in green is officially called?

View attachment 5990856

Thank you for the eye candy! I think the green Kelly is the “Kelly moove”?

Some pictures of FSH and Sevres.
Merci! I enjoyed your photos - keep them coming. Oh photos of chic Parisians and their h also welcome!

Hi all,

Just wanted to share my experience recently at Hermes Paris in case it is helpful to anyone.

We were only there for 2 days, applied for leather appointments but no luck. I was planning to get some fine jewellery pieces anyways so headed on FSH on day 1 arrived around 3pm, store was very busy. I went up to fine jewellery and there was a lovely SA that showed me many options, ended up getting a necklace and a bracelet, medium price value in terms of their collection. I had read from other blogs someone had been offered leather appointments after some significant purchases so had secretly hoped I would at least get to speak to a leather SA and some non-quota leather offers. But the fine jewellery SA very politely told me to go downstairs to the leather appt desk, she didn’t even accompany me, so obviously my purchase history just now did not help at all. However I did find out for small things like card holders you don’t need an appointment just go ask the desk. I got a Sellier card holder in box as a gift for DH.

When I asked the lady at leather appt desk, she firmed said no cancellation appt today and “ I can’t help you”. I asked if I wanted to come back tomorrow to check for cancellations what would be best time, she said around mid day, then as she gives this look that she is done with this conversation she again said “ Madame I can’t help you further” and walked off. While she was not rude she did look like she is exhausted and tired with speaking with customers (in English at least).

the store itself was a bit chaotic with many very well dressed ladies (with quota bag in hand already), waiting for SAs and browsing.

At this point I have spent amount roughly equal to a quota bag. So was secretly hoping maybe I would get lucky on the appt system for tomorrow. But no such luck.

Also went to Sevres store - beautiful and large store but again was told “impossible for leather appt” by an SA. A lady after me asked in French and while he chatted more with her, he again just gave her the lottery appt barcode card. The SAs were all very busy in this store but the store seemed less hectic.

I guess my key msg is that at the FSH store at least, it seems purchases across other department stores does not help you immediately to score a leather appt. Whereas in a lot of countries in Asia I believe pre-spent after the required threshold guarantees you a quota. In UK, it’s the wishlist system so keep my fingers crossed…

Hi all,

Just wanted to share my experience recently at Hermes Paris in case it is helpful to anyone.

We were only there for 2 days, applied for leather appointments but no luck. I was planning to get some fine jewellery pieces anyways so headed on FSH on day 1 arrived around 3pm, store was very busy. I went up to fine jewellery and there was a lovely SA that showed me many options, ended up getting a necklace and a bracelet, medium price value in terms of their collection. I had read from other blogs someone had been offered leather appointments after some significant purchases so had secretly hoped I would at least get to speak to a leather SA and some non-quota leather offers. But the fine jewellery SA very politely told me to go downstairs to the leather appt desk, she didn’t even accompany me, so obviously my purchase history just now did not help at all. However I did find out for small things like card holders you don’t need an appointment just go ask the desk. I got a Sellier card holder in box as a gift for DH.

When I asked the lady at leather appt desk, she firmed said no cancellation appt today and “ I can’t help you”. I asked if I wanted to come back tomorrow to check for cancellations what would be best time, she said around mid day, then as she gives this look that she is done with this conversation she again said “ Madame I can’t help you further” and walked off. While she was not rude she did look like she is exhausted and tired with speaking with customers (in English at least).

the store itself was a bit chaotic with many very well dressed ladies (with quota bag in hand already), waiting for SAs and browsing.

At this point I have spent amount roughly equal to a quota bag. So was secretly hoping maybe I would get lucky on the appt system for tomorrow. But no such luck.

Also went to Sevres store - beautiful and large store but again was told “impossible for leather appt” by an SA. A lady after me asked in French and while he chatted more with her, he again just gave her the lottery appt barcode card. The SAs were all very busy in this store but the store seemed less hectic.

I guess my key msg is that at the FSH store at least, it seems purchases across other department stores does not help you immediately to score a leather appt. Whereas in a lot of countries in Asia I believe pre-spent after the required threshold guarantees you a quota. In UK, it’s the wishlist system so keep my fingers crossed…
Thank you for sharing. I've been shopping at FSH before they had the online system and people actually queued in line and although it's more efficient this way, it has become much more complicated in getting a leather appt and being offered a bag, much less a QB. What I will say is that I've found that timing and who you speak with at the appt desk makes a huge difference. There are some who are much more pleasant than others and some who will try more than others. If you have the time and patience, go back at a later day and time, hopefully you'll have better luck.

I was at FSH yesterday and the SA downstairs gave me that impression too☹️
I, too was at FSH yesterday at opening time! First time there and I got a scarf and bracelet. I feel lucky to just have gone in and be able to make a purchase and create a profile. The SA also gave me a free gift of knotting cards! She was so sweet and patient with me. You never know what the future might hold!

The appointment desk is located near the SLG area. When you walk in to the store, you walk toward the staircase, and the desk is right behind the stairs/in front of one of the bag displays.
I was upstairs yesterday wandering around and saw 2 women sitting at a large desk and I asked if this was the famous leather desk. She said it was downstairs and probably had a crowd of people around it. We all laughed and I made my way down to look at it, AFTER I spotted a woman getting a bag offer ( neutral picotin, larger size) She must have been doubtful about it b/c a gentleman told her "this is the only one in the whole store" or something to that effect. The shoe area was crawling with people and everyone I saw in the whole store was decked out head to toe in either Hermes or other high end designers. It was fun to take it all in and people watch and window shop as it was my first time there.

Thank you for sharing. I've been shopping at FSH before they had the online system and people actually queued in line and although it's more efficient this way, it has become much more complicated in getting a leather appt and being offered a bag, much less a QB. What I will say is that I've found that timing and who you speak with at the appt desk makes a huge difference. There are some who are much more pleasant than others and some who will try more than others. If you have the time and patience, go back at a later day and time, hopefully you'll have better luck.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I can totally see that, it’s ultimately a lot of luck on the SA. I have only been to FSH once 10 years ago in my young and naive days where I did indeed queue and asked for a quota (obviously no luck), if I did the pre spending then maybe would have got offered something. Oh well, maybe try my luck with the appt system next time :smile:

Reactions: gi201 and hbr
I, too was at FSH yesterday at opening time! First time there and I got a scarf and bracelet. I feel lucky to just have gone in and be able to make a purchase and create a profile. The SA also gave me a free gift of knotting cards! She was so sweet and patient with me. You never know what the future might hold!
Lovely to hear you had a very sweet SA :smile:

Reactions: imanda
Went to FSH today and I can safely say as a customer for 10 years. The customer service is getting worse and you need to have a certain look to be considered to purchase even a cardholder. Disappointing but have to try Sevres because what I saw today was shocking.
I am sorry for what happened, especially to a loyal customer like you. I also had the same experience during my visit mid April. I was shocked to experience cold and condescending treatment @ FSH, contrary to Sevres. In Sevres, although I also didn't manage to get a leather bag appointment, they were polite and more sincere.

Hi all,

Dear Luphia, I just learned the hard way that purchase across other departments does not help anymore. On the same day I visited FSH, a lady told me otherwise. After shopping on rtw & small leather goods, she scored an appointment and successfully acquire a quota bag. I did the same, but voila the leather bag receptionist did not even bother to check my profile. Just no as an answer when asking for leather appointment. I hope you can get your dream bag soon.