Paris trip for Hermes

Please try to stay on topic. I realise because of the complexity of some of the posts members may veer off but in answer do not 'go there'.

For info and questions on US customs please post on the thread below: post https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/us-customs-discussion-airports-importing.905560/

or non-US destinations: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/does-h-store-paris-wants-to-ship.605014/page-3

For questions relating to prices https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-hermes-current-prices.102567/page-357

For traveling with boxes https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...me-hermes-boxes-when-traveling.1044553/page-5

I will leave this reminder as a sticky because tthis is often a thread that new members (or new Hermès lovers) post on - hopefully temporarily.

Last edited:
I had a successful non-quota walk-in appointment at FSH today. Approached the leather desk around noon saying I was interested in the Arcon bag. The woman said that they normally work on appointments but could accommodate me upstairs. The SA showed me their stock and I happily chose Étoupe. I didn’t see any quota bag offers but quite a few Bolide 25s in Mauve Pale, Vert Criquet, and Vert Jade. In the spirit of the Faubourg, good luck everyone :wave:
I love the Arcon bag! Have only ever seen it in black, etoupe must be stunning 🤩

Reactions: bwilliamsburg
To be honest, shopping at Hermes has lost its luxury charm for me—it feels more like an episode of "Survivor" than a premium experience. I just don't get why they'd encourage us to spend at their stores while providing some of the worst customer service imaginable. My experience at FSH, especially, was frustrating. I recall being in the shoe section and dealing with a sales associate who made this odd, unsettling noise as if he was in distress. He repeatedly rushed me by asking if I was done, even though I'd been there less than 15 minutes! Lately, I've been considering shifting my spending to brands like Dior, where they actually respect the fact that you're spending a considerable amount of money.

To be honest, shopping at Hermes has lost its luxury charm for me—it feels more like an episode of "Survivor" than a premium experience. I just don't get why they'd encourage us to spend at their stores while providing some of the worst customer service imaginable. My experience at FSH, especially, was frustrating. I recall being in the shoe section and dealing with a sales associate who made this odd, unsettling noise as if he was in distress. He repeatedly rushed me by asking if I was done, even though I'd been there less than 15 minutes! Lately, I've been considering shifting my spending to brands like Dior, where they actually respect the fact that you're spending a considerable amount of money.
I think this is certainly true for a lot of the high profile stores, FSH being one of them. The reality is that most of the SA’s don’t really care all that much about customer service which is frustrating and the store can’t keep up with the demands of the customers. They’re just not staffed well with SA’s who care but rather it’s just a job.

the store can’t keep up with the demands of the customers.
+1. IMO this is a big part of the issues at FSH. It feels frenzied in there, and not just because it's usually crowded. That atmosphere is being created by the customers, not the staff. I don't particularly enjoy shopping in that boutique either (I prefer Sèvres, in the morning) but actually I do have sympathy for the staff having to deal with it all day.

I agree that working at FSH must be incredibly stressful…it always feels a little chaotic. As we generally stay in St Germain, I think of Sèvres as my ‘home’ store which can be crazy when the bus load of tourists arrives at 10:30 and in the late afternoon but definitely has lulls.

• Love
Reactions: Veritybelle and hbr
Sorry to hear how you were treated at FSH. My experience at FSH was little better but not too pleasant. My local Hermes SA is very nice and helpful but can’t help with quota bags (wishlist system). I think I’ll stick it out with my local system just sit and wait …

Sorry to hear how you were treated at FSH. My experience at FSH was little better but not too pleasant. My local Hermes SA is very nice and helpful but can’t help with quota bags (wishlist system). I think I’ll stick it out with my local system just sit and wait …
My fav SAs in Paris are from Sevres. FSH has a mixed bag. Some are really nice, others have that typical French aloofness. I had one do the pfft sound on me last year. I don’t blame them though. The amount of customers that patronise FSH is no joke.

I already booked my trip to Paris/Italy in the coming months. Yay! First time in Europe, solo for my 40th bday. Excited to browse the stores. I was wondering if they will let me browse items without SA assistance? I feel more relaxed that way and will ask for assistance once im ready and have made up my mind on what to buy. A leather appt would be terrific but a non qb offer would be great as well (i have a few bags in mind) that i would wish to bring home as a souvenir of this trip if at all.
Point of entry is Cote d Azur, Nice. Will i be able to apply for leather appt once im in Nice?

I already booked my trip to Paris/Italy in the coming months. Yay! First time in Europe, solo for my 40th bday. Excited to browse the stores. I was wondering if they will let me browse items without SA assistance? I feel more relaxed that way and will ask for assistance once im ready and have made up my mind on what to buy. A leather appt would be terrific but a non qb offer would be great as well (i have a few bags in mind) that i would wish to bring home as a souvenir of this trip if at all.
Point of entry is Cote d Azur, Nice. Will i be able to apply for leather appt once im in Nice?
Yes, you can apply from anywhere in the EU and UK, but will need to be on wifi. You can definitely browse as well at FSH and Sevres. George V there can sometimes be a line and someone may ask what you’re looking for/if you have an appointment upon entry but you can let them know you want to browse if asked. Enjoy!

Reactions: horselove
Don’t be too shy about asking for help in Paris. Often enough you need to ask in order for them to bring out items of interest. Not everything available is out on floor. Hope you have a lovely birday trip!

Reactions: BreezyE
I resonate with this too. Also, I was recently at FSH & Milan- I was shocked to find the SAs weren’t aware of the names of colours, leathers and other typical Hermes things. I miss having conversations about the heritage of Hermes, which ironically I learnt from some fabulous SAs in the past. I’ve noticed this pattern over the past 2-3 years and it’s a true shame.

I will be going to Paris for a work trip at end of May / early June. Any comments on the inventory around this time? Also, I wanted to order the customizable calvi but couldn’t find it online anymore, wonder if this is discontinued?
Hey, i also have a trip to Paris in late May and also had trouble finding the customizable Calvi. I still can't find it on the uk site but for .fr i found it and ordered from here:
Hoping it won't actually take 8 weeks to be ready !

• Wow
Reactions: Letter
Hey, i also have a trip to Paris in late May and also had trouble finding the customizable Calvi. I still can't find it on the uk site but for .fr i found it and ordered from here:
Hoping it won't actually take 8 weeks to be ready !
Have you tried to order? Do you need a French address to order? This is awesome! I am so doing it.