Does anyone feel like VCA is everywhere now?

This is such an interesting thread! I think it definitely depends on where you live and how often you see it IRL. I live in the OC and was introduced to VCA back in 2010 cause so many of my friends have VCA jewelry and I would just tag along with them to the boutiques. I probably seriously started collecting in 2014 or so. So to me because I’ve always thought it was already over-saturated since I see it all the time, it’s always seemed like it’s everywhere for the past decade and not just a recent thing.

OMG…how can anyone do yoga wearing bracelets or necklaces?! And what is Birkin Yoga? Does that include Hermes Salutations?
Here is mine doing down dog and a back bend

I love a floopy birkin

Hahahahaha....what a typo! BIKRAM Yoga. Hot Yoga. lol!
I need to invent Birkin yoga....

@doloresmia your floopy Birkin is very talented!!!

lots of VCA alhambra and cartier at some UES restaurants along with chanel RTW and H bkc, and on the half block between Hermes and brunello on madison

Here is mine doing down dog and a back bend

I love a floopy birkin
Does anyone here remember a pic of a member doing a yoga pose with her Birkin 35? I swear it was not a figment of my imagination. It was a really nice photo

Last edited:
I think it’s similar to new car syndrome… like when you get a new car and suddenly you start to take notice/see your car everywhere on the streets. After I got into luxury jewelry, I started seeing it on people more often. I’ve seen a lady at the hospital with 2 loves and VCA Alhambra ear clips. I’ve seen a cashier of a quick service restaurant with 2 loves, small JUC, and Alhambra single motif pendant.

I think it’s always been around but I just didn’t recognize it before. There’s a high end shopping/restaurant center near us and when we have dinner there I spot many loves, birkins, book totes, dway slides, Alhambras, boy bags, and even more designer ready to wear pieces. I think I notice them now because SM.

Last edited:
Other than tPF friends and at our former VCA store, I have only noticed two people wearing VCA in my city. One was the middle-aged wife of an elderly VIP patient (10 motif WG MOP every time) and my OBGYN (YG MOP VA pendant and YG MOP VA earrings, after the first sighting, she wore them every time I saw her in different combinations). Both of these ladies have a bit of an attitude, so I was inwardly (ridiculously) smiling that I was also wearing VCA, and “better” VCA (pave). It is so rare to see in an everyday work setting here. I was truly shocked with each of these initial sightings.

I don’t really see VCA IRL. I do however see tons of love bracelets! i thought I would see more in the wild after I started getting in to VCA but it wasn’t the case….oh I don’t own a love bracelet and I notice it quite a bit where I live.

Reactions: westcoastgal
I was just in St. Barths, and basically every woman I saw was wearing Love bracelet, JUC, and some VCA. Even at the beach. I wondered about MOP and sunscreen/saltwater. Perhaps there were some fakes in the crowd, but I did think, “oh, we all have the exact same pieces,” and even though I wasn’t wearing any Love or VCA and do have those pieces and felt their ubiquity was a bit diminishing. Cartier and VCA are beautiful, but when everyone has the same things, it seems very aspirational and unoriginal. So sometimes, I have to put those pieces away for a bit and wear some less prevalent jewelry

I was just in St. Barths, and basically every woman I saw was wearing Love bracelet, JUC, and some VCA. Even at the beach. I wondered about MOP and sunscreen/saltwater. Perhaps there were some fakes in the crowd, but I did think, “oh, we all have the exact same pieces,” and even though I wasn’t wearing any Love or VCA and do have those pieces and felt their ubiquity was a bit diminishing. Cartier and VCA are beautiful, but when everyone has the same things, it seems very aspirational and unoriginal. So sometimes, I have to put those pieces away for a bit and wear some less prevalent jewelry

FWIW sometimes I feel like I "have" to wear those pieces as like an admissions badge in certain places, especially western Europe where there is a strong discrimination against Turkish people. I don't look stereotypically Turkish but DH does and of course we speak Turkish with each other. It has been my experience that we get better service and treatment generally when wearing, however obnoxiously, some visible markers that are globally readable as "our kind". It sucks, but is definitely the case. For example, I was with a Turkish friend, who also doesn't look stereotypically Turkish but is not as "feminine" as me, short hair, no jewelry, etc. at a shoe shop in a country I won't name in Europe that has very serious discrimination against Turkish people. She wanted to try a pair of shoes and asked in the local language, in which she is fluent. I do not speak it, but look more European, so they told ME something I didn't understand. She said, "they won't let me try them on because I am Turkish" to me in Turkish and the SA also told me in English, "We can't allow her to try them on her feet may be dirty." So I pushed my sleeves a little and pushed out my own shoes (then stylish Lanvin elaphe lace-ups w patent toes) and said Oh no I will be trying them on and she brought them right out. We should not have bought anything but my friend lived in the town and needed shoes right then. Of course they didn't hesitate to take her money :eyeroll:

I have so many examples of this I could go on forever. Of course it can backfire as we can be perceived as gauche or wearing fakes and of course no one should have to, but it just is easier. TBH at home in NYC where I think I can read as either American or ambiguously foreign (lots of people guess Brazilian), I also think having some marker that you "belong" to "the right class" can make it easier to let a restaurant or cafe let you use the bathroom in an emergency or get faster, better service in a store. Very stupid, but sometimes worth it to play along.

Also fwiw I spend most of the summer at the beach and often wear MOP in the water, or with sunscreen. No permanent bad effects so far although I do take it in to VCA occasionally for cleaning and won't mind replacing the stone if it comes to that. Easier than bothering to take it on and off every day

LOL! I'm the only person in my house wearing it so I guess it's not everywhere.

FWIW sometimes I feel like I "have" to wear those pieces as like an admissions badge in certain places, especially western Europe where there is a strong discrimination against Turkish people. I don't look stereotypically Turkish but DH does and of course we speak Turkish with each other. It has been my experience that we get better service and treatment generally when wearing, however obnoxiously, some visible markers that are globally readable as "our kind". It sucks, but is definitely the case. For example, I was with a Turkish friend, who also doesn't look stereotypically Turkish but is not as "feminine" as me, short hair, no jewelry, etc. at a shoe shop in a country I won't name in Europe that has very serious discrimination against Turkish people. She wanted to try a pair of shoes and asked in the local language, in which she is fluent. I do not speak it, but look more European, so they told ME something I didn't understand. She said, "they won't let me try them on because I am Turkish" to me in Turkish and the SA also told me in English, "We can't allow her to try them on her feet may be dirty." So I pushed my sleeves a little and pushed out my own shoes (then stylish Lanvin elaphe lace-ups w patent toes) and said Oh no I will be trying them on and she brought them right out. We should not have bought anything but my friend lived in the town and needed shoes right then. Of course they didn't hesitate to take her money :eyeroll:

I have so many examples of this I could go on forever. Of course it can backfire as we can be perceived as gauche or wearing fakes and of course no one should have to, but it just is easier. TBH at home in NYC where I think I can read as either American or ambiguously foreign (lots of people guess Brazilian), I also think having some marker that you "belong" to "the right class" can make it easier to let a restaurant or cafe let you use the bathroom in an emergency or get faster, better service in a store. Very stupid, but sometimes worth it to play along.

Also fwiw I spend most of the summer at the beach and often wear MOP in the water, or with sunscreen. No permanent bad effects so far although I do take it in to VCA occasionally for cleaning and won't mind replacing the stone if it comes to that. Easier than bothering to take it on and off every day
I'm so sorry. That's yucky, about the discrimination.