Does anyone feel like VCA is everywhere now?

LOL! It's all over YT. 1. Love bracelet. 2. JUC. 3. Guilloche. If that is all people are doing, watching YT, yeah I agree. It can feel like you see it everywhere. But the combo is gorgeous, and there is a reason why people love it. I try to reserve viewing IRL. Then I appreciate it more. And IRL, I have never seen this combo, which is cool.

IRL, depends on "where" you are. I'm in Northern California, Bay Area, and people aren't shy about wearing designer. It's not as common as the Love bracelet. If I were to go shopping, I would see the Love bangle maybe a couple of times. I see VCA pendants maybe a couple of times, and on occasion a 5 motif. You could consider that "a lot" compared to zero two years ago. Every time I do wear VCA, I've had one or two sales people ask about my VCA, but no one else does. I'm not turned off. I only get what I REALLY REALLY love and will wear, (trying to anyway), and my collection will be what it will be, regardless of what other people are doing. So no, seeing it on other people does not affect me. It's budget constraints over here.

What city are you in that you're seeing it everywhere? I'm just curious. What's your definition of everywhere? Once, twice, three, 10 times every time you go out? Your circle of friends all have VCA? All over YT?

Last edited:
You make an interesting point. Maybe it is more that I have been a VCA collector for 20+ years and many of my friends have recently "discovered" the beauty of VCA. I hadn't thought of what was "really" bothering me! I do absolutely agree with the idea of buying what you love and you will always love it. Which I sincerely do with every VCA purchase.

Thanks for making me think about this differently!

Agree with above. VCA is shown a lot on social media. But it real life, I see more, Cartier, Bvlgari, and Tiffany.
I don't think any of my friends or friend's of friends own VCA, it doesn't really cater to their style/aesthetic.

I think the one time I saw VCA in person was the Alhambra earrings in the smallest size (very cute), and that person was wearing 2 Cartier love bracelets lol.

Edit: I live in Southern California. Go a lot to the Newport Beach area, SCP, and very occasionally LA.

Maybe because you've been collecting so long, you've kinda seen it all. So maybe seeing people just "discovering" is kinda "yah...been there..." for you. I can see why. When my favorite brand is "trending" kinda annoys me, like the whole Rolex thing, which is a whole other ball of wax and I should not digress. I'm sure you have a diverse collection since you've been collecting so long, and have learned to appreciate many different VCA designs. It's great to see other appreciate the beauty you've loved for years, but it's also kinda funny too. I get it.

VCA is literally everywhere but it has felt like that for decades, for one the same style has been produced forever in numerous iterations so it is normal to encounter them fairly often in the wild. You cannot go to any event, restaurant or hotel without seeing them on at least a few individuals. This however doesn't take away from their lovely designs, after all there's a reason they became so popular in the first place. Especially given all the variations over the years; what makes VCA great is that there is something for everyone.

I live mostly in Manhattan and rarely notice any VCA although I’m sure there’s tons out there. I really don’t pay attention or look for it tbh but it’s not like idk the Celine Cabas totes that you couldn’t walk a block without seeing at least a couple five or so years ago. During the summer I see more out east. I also spend part of the year in the PNW where I’ve never seen any at all nor had anyone outside of Seattle Barney’s (RIP) SAs comment on or notice mine

I’ve watched part of an unboxing video once and can’t see the appeal. It seems like all these could do is make someone feel less special about their pieces. I mean on some level of course we know they are mass-ish produced and not one of a kind artworks made for us, but the one I watched made me feel the same way as when I first went to Tiffany myself instead of getting presents as a teenager and when, very excited, I asked for some piece of silver jewelry and felt so grown up the SA was kind but ultimately pulled it out of a drawer stuffed with similarly “special” pieces in their little plastic bags. I still bought it lol but it lost a bit of the special feeling of course.

So, while I’d be so happy to watch a friend or someone open a beautiful VCA piece watching a random person whose circumstances I don’t know but who are just trying to show off anyway can only make me feel worse. I may be wrong and maybe better ones have the feel of reveals or mod shots here which I love, because I love to see chic TPFers give new ideas on how to wear or combine pieces I have and thoughts on pieces I want or aspire to, that is not at all the vibe I get from inboxing. Sorry I will end the get off my lawn rant now!

But I am not seeing VCA everywhere. I do see Cartier quite a bit. But so hard to tell as I haven’t ramped up to the kind of activities I used to do more pre COVID zero parties or benefits for me since Feb 2020 and much reduced dinners etc only special places or occasions

Agreed.
I have seen it commonly in real life and all over social media.
Alhambra line is getting repetitive like a Chanel classic flap.
I still love vca and Chanel though,
But after covid happened I feel peoples interest towards luxury shopping/ luxury brands in general is really spiking due to covid restrictions/lockdowns/travel restrictions/social distancing.