**Buying from Fashionphile** shopping experiences/questions

I was wondering if anyone noticed their bags having a certain distinct “smell” from Fashionphile? It isn’t foul or anything, it smells of baby wipes or some type of baby powder.

What’s weird is the smell is getting stronger the longer I use and air out the bag lol. I can smell it on the leather, interior, I wonder if it’s some sort of deodorizer they spray in the cage/vault? Almost all my bags from FP have had this smell, but this bag is by far the strongest. With my other bags the smell went away in about a week, but this is going on a month.

Yup. I just returned a bag that was listed in Excellent condition, and it actually looked pristine except for very faint scratches on the hardware. It came with everything a brand new bag would have if purchased from the boutique. But... the undisclosed scent. It was like someone sprayed perfume on it. It wasn't unpleasant, but too strong for my taste.

And now that it's been mentioned, I definitely think it was deodorizing wipes or something like that. Wasn't worth my time to try airing it out, so back it went.

Yes. I have asthma and am really sensitive to smells. I know exactly what you’re referring to. Some of my bags I could get the smell out of (a few took almost a full year to do it), and some I couldn’t and had to sell back in their refresh program at a loss. I rarely buy bags from them anymore because of it.
Oh wow. I just purchased a LV x Kusama Pochette Accessories. When I finally receive it I will pay attention to the smell as I haven't received anything recently (last month was the most recent) with a smell. Which location did your bag come from? Do they note that in the description there is a smell?

Oh wow. I just purchased a LV x Kusama Pochette Accessories. When I finally receive it I will pay attention to the smell as I haven't received anything recently (last month was the most recent) with a smell. Which location did your bag come from? Do they note that in the description there is a smell?
I’ll need to go through my account to see which locations they came from. But none of them that I purchased said anything about odors in the description. It’s almost like they’re doing something there that’s causing it. It smells to me like they store a “fresh scent” dryer sheet in them, and the bag absorbs the smell.

maybe they would have rejected it once it landed in person, but this makes me really really nervous.

I submitted an item to fashionphile that I thought was authentic (purchase in a FB group) and fashionphile gave me a buy out price but when they received it they emailed saying they deemed it fake.

Recently I submitted an item and I got the same vague email saying they can't except it because it doesn't meet requirements. I reached out and it was because I didn't polish it (Tiffany silver). They are getting really picky.

Majority of these sellers don’t take clear enough pictures, so some of super fakes or even good fakes may look good enough on pictures, but once got in hand, you exam in person, if you have enough experience, you’ll be able to see super fakes, especially in some shops if they have two or more experienced buyers look through the item.

And I also think I know why FP would not take her WOC.

I’ll need to go through my account to see which locations they came from. But none of them that I purchased said anything about odors in the description. It’s almost like they’re doing something there that’s causing it. It smells to me like they store a “fresh scent” dryer sheet in them, and the bag absorbs the smell.
I actually used my bag for a small work trip this week, and guess what, my clothes smelled like the dryer sheet smell. It even started to smell up my hotel room.

I love the bag, but at this point I decided to list it for sale, since anything outside their return policy is almost impossible to return unless the bag is fake. Oh well, cut my losses.

What’s even weirder is that I’ve shopped in person at Carlsbad, and specifically had bags pulled that I really liked. I just wanted to see if I could tolerate the listed cigarette or perfume smell. Guess what, no cigarette or perfume smell lol (they claimed it probably dissipated in storage, since bags with these descriptions tend to sit long).

The personal shoppers can really help you out if you call and ask about listed smells, and I’ve asked in the past about the deodorizer smell, but they kind of danced around the question. This was back when my bags would air out in a week or so, so I wasn’t too concerned, just curious what it was. Just so weird

Last edited:
Reactions: girlhasbags
I actually used my bag for a small work trip this week, and guess what, my clothes smelled like the dryer sheet smell. It even started to smell up my hotel room.

I love the bag, but at this point I decided to list it for sale, since anything outside their return policy is almost impossible to return unless the bag is fake. Oh well, cut my losses.

What’s even weirder is that I’ve shopped in person at Carlsbad, and specifically had bags pulled that I really liked. I just wanted to see if I could tolerate the listed cigarette or perfume smell. Guess what, no cigarette or perfume smell lol (they claimed it probably dissipated in storage, since bags with these descriptions tend to sit long).

The personal shoppers can really help you out if you call and ask about listed smells, and I’ve asked in the past about the deodorizer smell, but they kind of danced around the question. This was back when my bags would air out in a week or so, so I wasn’t too concerned, just curious what it was. Just so weird
How old was the bag?

That is very interesting, it goes back to what I asked before how are they keeping peoples' items they deem are not authentic when they can make mistakes themselves. This is scary.
One thing to keep in mind is they accepted it based off the quote pictures. The bag itself was never actually sent in to Fashionphile. I would like to think that once they had it in person, they would’ve seen it was fake.

Sometimes when I'm thrift shopping, the stores have a smell. Once you are in there a few minutes you can't smell it anymore. Then when you buy something and take it home, that's when you notice the smell. I always thought it was from the dryer sheets or softener they used when they washed the clothes but I don't know why it gets absorbed by the purses.

Reactions: girlhasbags