**Buying from Fashionphile** shopping experiences/questions

I was wondering if anyone noticed their bags having a certain distinct “smell” from Fashionphile? It isn’t foul or anything, it smells of baby wipes or some type of baby powder.

What’s weird is the smell is getting stronger the longer I use and air out the bag lol. I can smell it on the leather, interior, I wonder if it’s some sort of deodorizer they spray in the cage/vault? Almost all my bags from FP have had this smell, but this bag is by far the strongest. With my other bags the smell went away in about a week, but this is going on a month.

I was wondering if anyone noticed their bags having a certain distinct “smell” from Fashionphile? It isn’t foul or anything, it smells of baby wipes or some type of baby powder.

What’s weird is the smell is getting stronger the longer I use and air out the bag lol. I can smell it on the leather, interior, I wonder if it’s some sort of deodorizer they spray in the cage/vault? Almost all my bags from FP have had this smell, but this bag is by far the strongest. With my other bags the smell went away in about a week, but this is going on a month.
Interesting....my most recent bag was just purchased last week. I received it a few days ago. No smell. It smelled like nothing basically. Lol. It came from the FP location in NY. I have purchased many things from FP and the only bag that came with a smell was my Givenchy Antigona Gradient mini which smelled like cigarettes. Not a nice smell but it eventually faded out in about 2 months or so.

Reactions: discreetlux

Yes! Rather than the pleasant smell of leather there’s a distinct deodorizer scent. It’s not a deal breaker, but I don’t like it.

Yes! Rather than the pleasant smell of leather there’s a distinct deodorizer scent. It’s not a deal breaker, but I don’t like it.
Yeah it is really odd because it usually fades away rather quickly, mine just seems to be getting stronger as time goes on haha. It also might just be my type of bag, untreated leather with a thin fabric lining keeping the smell at bay.

Yeah it is really odd because it usually fades away rather quickly, mine just seems to be getting stronger as time goes on haha. It also might just be my type of bag, untreated leather with a thin fabric lining keeping the smell at bay.
That is rather odd. I’m sure you’ve tried all the tricks, from baking soda to stuffing it with newspaper to everything else. Maybe it’s just a matter of more time.

That is rather odd. I’m sure you’ve tried all the tricks, from baking soda to stuffing it with newspaper to everything else. Maybe it’s just a matter of more time.
I actually haven’t just because the smell usually goes away after I start using it. The bag itself is super clean, I might try some of those tricks if the smell still lingers in a few weeks. I was just curious if I had an overly sensitive nose or if anyone else noticed this

I actually haven’t just because the smell usually goes away after I start using it. The bag itself is super clean, I might try some of those tricks if the smell still lingers in a few weeks. I was just curious if I had an overly sensitive nose or if anyone else noticed this
it will probably go away in time and you’ll be able to enjoy everything about the bag.

They use baby wipes to wipe off any residue or if they see something like a stain they will use a baby wipe to see if it comes off. That maybe why you smelled like baby wipes.

They use baby wipes to wipe off any residue or if they see something like a stain they will use a baby wipe to see if it comes off. That maybe why you smelled like baby wipes.
Yeah I mean I did know that part, and usually the smell goes away the first few times I use the bag.

I guess this felt a little stronger. I wasn’t sure if they started something new. The good news is the smell is finally dissipating! Maybe my bag just had a lot of stains lol

It’s really sad, the customer service has gone completely down hill. If the listing isn’t a Birkin or Kelly, almost 80% of the bags and jewelry are described incorrectly, whether it be sizing, color, year/model, just unbelievable how the company has changed.

If you become a frequent caller with issues over orders they are really quick to try and dismiss you. I will definitely be taking a looooong break.

It’s really sad, the customer service has gone completely down hill. If the listing isn’t a Birkin or Kelly, almost 80% of the bags and jewelry are described incorrectly, whether it be sizing, color, year/model, just unbelievable how the company has changed.

If you become a frequent caller with issues over orders they are really quick to try and dismiss you. I will definitely be taking a looooong break.
Well rather than leave this scathing review up, I did want to provide an update that FP did reach out and made things right. I still stand by what I said about their listings being all over the place, but I’m glad customer service was able to provide a positive outcome.

Yeah I mean I did know that part, and usually the smell goes away the first few times I use the bag.

I guess this felt a little stronger. I wasn’t sure if they started something new. The good news is the smell is finally dissipating! Maybe my bag just had a lot of stains lol
I am glad it is. I wonder if they changed the type or brand of wipe they use.

Yes. I have asthma and am really sensitive to smells. I know exactly what you’re referring to. Some of my bags I could get the smell out of (a few took almost a full year to do it), and some I couldn’t and had to sell back in their refresh program at a loss. I rarely buy bags from them anymore because of it.