**Buying from Fashionphile** shopping experiences/questions

I'm confused, I was following an item on FP hoping to buy it when it discounted, it suddenly changed to coming soon, I mean if it was sold, wouldn't it show "SOLD"?
That happened to me once, and I called them and asked about it. They said the item was saying coming soon because it was currently not available because it was being photographed or used in a shoot or something like that. It took a while, but the item finally was listed for sale about 2 weeks later. Call them, and they can tell you why it's saying that...just to make sure.

That happened to me once, and I called them and asked about it. They said the item was saying coming soon because it was currently not available because it was being photographed or used in a shoot or something like that. It took a while, but the item finally was listed for sale about 2 weeks later. Call them, and they can tell you why it's saying that...just to make sure.
thank you for this info.

Reactions: HeartHermes

OMG, the item did come back and priced higher :tdown::tdown:

OMG, the item did come back and priced higher :tdown::tdown:
Uugh! What may have happened is someone either purchased it and did a return OR someone was viewing it in person. I go to FP to view in person before I buy. When I'm viewing it's not available. When I return the item back to them then it becomes available. Was the item you were watching already marked down in price, as you stated you were watching it for a while. If so, I believe what happened is someone bought it at the time it was marked down. When a return happens on a marked down item, it goes back to the original listed price and the cycle starts all over again. Uugh! I hate when that happens! Lol. So if you want it at a lower price, you have to stalk it again. Every 30 days it will go down.
I believe 5%, 10%, 20% and I think after that it jumps to 30%. Keep note of when it returned back for sale as now you can get an idea when the first discount will happen (30 days).

I'm confused, I was following an item on FP hoping to buy it when it discounted, it suddenly changed to coming soon, I mean if it was sold, wouldn't it show "SOLD"?
I was once told they do this when they think a sold item will be returned. I also suspect they do this for the secret VIP clients to see if they want the item and if not they return it. I would call them if the item said coming soon and not sold for honest business practices they should have restored it to the site at the same price. These are the practices that have made me back off of them and limit my purchases.

I was once told they do this when they think a sold item will be returned. I also suspect they do this for the secret VIP clients to see if they want the item and if not they return it. I would call them if the item said coming soon and not sold for honest business practices they should have restored it to the site at the same price. These are the practices that have made me back off of them and limit my purchases.

Weird, they can kinda tell if an item will be returned. I was mad that they repriced it higher, I was already waiting for the discount to kick in but now I'm just gonna pass on this.

Weird, they can kinda tell if an item will be returned. I was mad that they repriced it higher, I was already waiting for the discount to kick in but now I'm just gonna pass on this.
I am sure this happens alot that people just pass after they have done this. One would think they would consider if the bag hadnt sold at the lower price why would it sell at a higher one and also how many buyers are they losing because of this practice. I too have passed when this has happened.