The super cool MOTO LEATHER JACKET club!

Does anyone know the color and year of this jacket?

If you have that jacket in your possession, you can check the black tag inside and it will list the year, that helps narrow down the color.
Everyone's monitor is different so it's tough to tell but possibilities 2011 Orange Brule, 2014 Rouge Ambre.
Without the year from the tag and not knowing the lighting, it's tough to tell because it might be a little more reddish in real life

If you have that jacket in your possession, you can check the black tag inside and it will list the year, that helps narrow down the color.
Everyone's monitor is different so it's tough to tell but possibilities 2011 Orange Brule, 2014 Rouge Ambre.
Without the year from the tag and not knowing the lighting, it's tough to tell because it might be a little more reddish in real life
Thank you.. no I do not .. but have asked the person who does to check tag for year .. Thank you

Reactions: PikaboICU
Does anyone know the color and year of this jacket?
View attachment 5693801
Thank you.. no I do not .. but have asked the person who does to check tag for year .. Thank you

Looks like that might be Sienne Fonce. Not sure about the season. Its either 2011 or 12 (definitely later than 2010 since there's no line down the center of the zipper). They also made this shade in a 2-toned quilted style (w/black). Here's an earlier reveal of the color for comparison

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/bal-moto-jackets-pics-chat.754922/post-22084132

Reactions: south-of-france
Hi everyone,
Am wondering if anyone can help me out with sizing - there are so many pages on this thread, I'm getting a bit lost ploughing thru' them. I had a Bal moto many years ago, I think it was 36, but I found it way too snug and tight for me. I'm usually a UK10, US 4 in most brands, except Lululemon I'm a US 6 for most things. My frame is lean and athletic. I'm looking at a pre-loved 2007 size 40. Is that too oversized for me? I suspect my perfect sizing is 38, but wondering if the 40 would be ridiculously big!

Appreciate any help, thank you!

Hi everyone,
Am wondering if anyone can help me out with sizing - there are so many pages on this thread, I'm getting a bit lost ploughing thru' them. I had a Bal moto many years ago, I think it was 36, but I found it way too snug and tight for me. I'm usually a UK10, US 4 in most brands, except Lululemon I'm a US 6 for most things. My frame is lean and athletic. I'm looking at a pre-loved 2007 size 40. Is that too oversized for me? I suspect my perfect sizing is 38, but wondering if the 40 would be ridiculously big!

Appreciate any help, thank you!
I am the same size as you and i have a sz36 in pine and a sz40 in black. It will basically mean you can layer underneath like the pic of Jessica Simpson above.
The sz40 will also depend on your height. If you are above 165cm, then you can pull it off and it will look fine.
Hope that helps.

Reactions: andral5 and isadora
I am the same size as you and i have a sz36 in pine and a sz40 in black. It will basically mean you can layer underneath like the pic of Jessica Simpson above.
The sz40 will also depend on your height. If you are above 165cm, then you can pull it off and it will look fine.
Hope that helps.
Thank you so much! I am 165 cm, so I think it sounds like I will be ok. My torso is long too, so I prefer a less "cropped" look. This sizing biz is so mindboggling, I have been measuring my various jackets to see if the 40 will work!

I’m usually an aus8 which is basically a uk8. The sz36 is fitted on me, especially the arms and shoulders. The sz40 is more comfortable. It’s not loose though as the Balenciaga cut of this style moto is slim.
Very glad to hear! I'm pretty sure the 36 doesn't fit me, cos my shoulders are broad for my size. I sold the 36 I had many years ago cos of this, it was so tight! That's why I thought the 38 would prob be correct, but had a hunch the 40 may work too cos I saw some pages back in this thread, someone had posted measurements of a 38 - still seems a bit small! LOL!

With Balenciaga moto jackets, I suggest erring on the side of going bigger. My true size is 38 or 40, but I recently bought 44 with is huge and oversized and I wear it more than the others. I could easily layer chunky sweaters under it, and even without those, I love the oversized look.

I’ve found the incremental differences between the sizes are pretty small. Not a whole lot of difference between 38 and 40. I had to go up to 42 to notice a real difference. That’s probably also because different years and leathers feel different. I have a 42 purple in a much thinner leather that fits exactly like my 38 black jacket.