The super cool MOTO LEATHER JACKET club!

Hi all....I need some help from the Bal jacket experts..Where is the best place to consign or outright sell jackets these days? I refuse to have anything to do with TRR after a horrific selling experience. Thanks :smile:
I hear that!! Sadly, I sold my beautiful jacket through them for a very low price. I am no longer consigning with them. Too many negative experiences.

Reactions: livethelake
Hi all....I need some help from the Bal jacket experts..Where is the best place to consign or outright sell jackets these days? I refuse to have anything to do with TRR after a horrific selling experience. Thanks :smile:

TRR is good for buying. While their prices & descriptions are wildly inconsistent, you CAN get great items at a bargain. I’ll never consign with them again, tho.

For selling Bal jackets, I’d try Vestiaire Collective. They don’t take as much commission as some US store and you don‘t get taxed on your commission. Good pics & accurate descriptions (including measurements) also help.

(I’ve also had good luck with leather jackets in the MP )

TRR is good for buying. While their prices & descriptions are wildly inconsistent, you CAN get great items at a bargain. I’ll never consign with them again, tho.

For selling Bal jackets, I’d try Vestiaire Collective. They don’t take as much commission as some US store and you don‘t get taxed on your commission. Good pics & accurate descriptions (including measurements) also help.

(I’ve also had good luck with leather jackets in the MP )
Thanks for responding! I'm really looking for a place to consign or sell outright rather than sell myself (like on VC). I know at one time @RealDealCollection sold moto jackets but they are no longer listed on the website.

Thanks for responding! I'm really looking for a place to consign or sell outright rather than sell myself (like on VC). I know at one time @RealDealCollection sold moto jackets but they are no longer listed on the website.
Have you tried contacting Corey at the @RealDealCollection? She’d be my #1 choice and it’s definitely worth reaching out to her to ask! If not, a few other options would be Yoogi’s or Ann’s Fabulous Finds they both still have Bal jackets listed, although, I don’t have any experience listing with them. If anyone here does, please feel free to chime in! :smile:

• Love

Have you tried contacting Corey at the @RealDealCollection? She’d be my #1 choice and it’s definitely worth reaching out to her to ask! If not, a few other options would be Yoogi’s or Ann’s Fabulous Finds they both still have Bal jackets listed, although, I don’t have any experience listing with them. If anyone here does, please feel free to chime in!
:smile:

Other than TRR I don’t think anyone buys Balenciaga moto jackets
I tried Fashionphile, Yoogis, Anns & Real Deal when I was trying to sell my my NWT 09 jacket and none of them would take it. I think the resale value of the jackets has gotten so low, its not worth it for them any more (& you’re going to take home more if you sell them yourself)

Hi jacket experts! And thank you in advance for any help.
I need your help to understand the correct year for grey. I think 2008 was a great year for grey?
I have a 2007 biscuit. It isn’t the right color for me. xx
Do any of you have grey?
Thank you!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I realize that it is 2008 gray with silver zips that I am looking for. I’ve researched it and sometimes it looks like there’s black “tape“ behind the silver zips. If anyone has gray, can you tell me if this is true or could you possibly post a picture? That would be fantastic. Thank you.

I realize that it is 2008 gray with silver zips that I am looking for. I’ve researched it and sometimes it looks like there’s black “tape“ behind the silver zips. If anyone has gray, can you tell me if this is true or could you possibly post a picture? That would be fantastic. Thank you.

This is the 08 Grey. It's a taupe/mushroom colour in the divine Made In France leather which IMO is superior than the later year leathers. You're right, the black tape is the giveaway as is the little straight line on the metal plate of the zipper pulls. In the later years, the zipper pull metal plate is blank.

Bear in mind, the leather is meant to look more distressed so many have visible scratch marks even when new. I find it unique to this year vs the other greys from later years. TRR has had several of them, and at least you can return it if it doesn't suit you. HTH!

Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 9.33.20 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-10-20 at 9.37.14 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 9.44.11 PM.png

• Love
Reactions: andral5 and maxxout
This is the 08 Grey. It's a taupe/mushroom colour in the divine Made In France leather which IMO is superior than the later year leathers. You're right, the black tape is the giveaway as is the little straight line on the metal plate of the zipper pulls. In the later years, the zipper pull metal plate is blank.

Bear in mind, the leather is meant to look more distressed so many have visible scratch marks even when new. I find it unique to this year vs the other greys from later years. TRR has had several of them, and at least you can return it if it doesn't suit you. HTH!

View attachment 5880412View attachment 5880418
View attachment 5880419

Thank you for responding so quickly and sending such a great picture. That’s a gorgeous jacket. The more beat up the better. I’m fine with all that. I’m a 34 but I think a 36 would be fine. And probably much easier to find. I noticed that the 2007 size 34 is tighter in the arms and also longer in the arms. But my black one from, I’m not sure what year but it’s quite a bit later has shorter sleeves and a little more room and of course fits me better. So I’m assuming this 2008 will be on the smaller size. Thank you so much for all this information. X0X

Reactions: iluvmybags