The super cool MOTO LEATHER JACKET club!

The jacket was in pretty good condition! Not perfect, but pretty good - definitely better than anything I've purchased off of TRR. The only imperfection was just that one of the sleeves was more faded and dry than the other.

I am attaching some photos comparing the 09 cognac and the 07 biscuit. My 09 cognac came with issues - the interior lining had a lot of small tears that I had to sew up, and the leather is seriously wrinkly and quite dry in some places. I was really stupid, and tried to "iron out" some of the wrinkles by putting a towel over the leather, but it ended up darkening the leather on one arm of the sleeve that got exposed to the heat. It's noticeable if you look for it, but I think the casual observer would not notice, especially as these jackets are meant to be distressed and have a lot of marks and some discolorations anyway. I'm still kicking myself, and I have no idea if it is reverse-able or fixable, but I am not worrying too much.

Is it just me, or is 09 cognac one of the most rare jackets to find second-hand? I've only ever come upon it once or twice, once in 36 and once in 38. I almost never see it on the second-hand market. Perhaps they didn't make that many, or just people hang onto theirs?

I also purchased the petrol/canard from the same Japanese seller on Vestiaire, and it is indeed the softest leather of all of my motos, perhaps with the exception of the 08 khaki (the more brown khaki). That one came in the best quality - looked almost brand new / unworn.

The '09 Cognac - see the left sleeve which has the darkened bit at the elbow now :sad:

DSC03337.JPG

09 Cognac - the sleeve I messed up. You can really see once it's darkened, that it has a more "red" tint than the biscuit. The biscuit is more "yellow" ish tint.
DSC03336.JPG

The 09 cognac vs the 07 biscuit
DSC03338.JPG

07 biscuit is on the left, 09 cognac is on the right. My cognac is more distressed, but I can't tell if that's just because it is more worn. Also, the sleeve of the biscuit that is shown is the more "distressed" sleeve - as I mentioned, the two sleeves on the biscuit also have some color and texture differences.
DSC03339.JPG

07 biscuit on the left vs 09 cognac on the right
DSC03340.JPG

DSC03341.JPG

I’ve been off the forum for a while - I’ve missed it and everyone on here!
So I took a vacation off ban island to check out TheRealReal and what do I see? An 07 biscuit in a size 42!! I’ve have been waiting for literally years to across on of these. So I snapped it up and it arrived today.
Girrrrl… it’s perfection. AND it appears to be brand new with tags, no creases, never worn as far as I can see!
Happy early birthday to me!2F8B493C-9A28-4C32-932A-29AC6B1FC0AF.jpeg6A8B3257-7616-42D5-9F75-D591909B7E64.jpegA7BA5FE9-8ADB-420B-AFB2-B2D90EF05F1A.jpeg

So I took a vacation off ban island to check out TheRealReal and what do I see? An 07 biscuit in a size 42!! I’ve have been waiting for literally years to across on of these. So I snapped it up and it arrived today.
Girrrrl… it’s perfection. AND it appears to be brand new with tags, no creases, never worn as far as I can see!
Happy early birthday to me!View attachment 5427417View attachment 5427418View attachment 5427419
Wowow! Happy early birthday BBBagHag!! That jacket is superb! :heart:

Reactions: ghostie55
Happy early birthday to me!View attachment 5427417View attachment 5427418View attachment 5427419
:wtf: This was an amazing find! Can’t believe you got it NWT!
Its not an 07 Biscuit tho — the tag says 2009 & the silver rivets are at the base of the leather tabs rather than at the end (07 black & biscuit had leather loops that didn’t split). This looks like one of those rare jackets that was called a “Mystery” jacket when a few of them suddenly appeared on the scene. Some thought it was Cognac, others thought it was a re-released Biscuit. Here’s some pics comparing the 2 & debate over the colors —

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/bal-moto-jacket-pictures-chat.659019/post-21216087

I still can’t believe you found one thats never been worn and in a size 42!!:tup::happydance:
I hope you might share some modeling pics when it gets chilly enough to wear!!

Last edited:
Hey guys, I purchased this 2009. Waiting for it to arrive. Which color is it? I cannot Figure out if it is Beige or Biscuit? I have A 2008 black and I am hoping the leather is a soft and supple on this 2009 moto.

View attachment 5646995
View attachment 5646996

I have biscuit, and this is not it. Biscuit has more red tone than this yellow tone. Also it’s a bit darker.

Hey guys, I purchased this 2009. Waiting for it to arrive. Which color is it? I cannot Figure out if it is Beige or Biscuit? I have A 2008 black and I am hoping the leather is a soft and supple on this 2009 moto.

View attachment 5646995

View attachment 5646996

View attachment 5646995

View attachment 5646996
It's 09 beige...a bit lighter irl I think...one jacket I've never had but the leather will be insane!

It's 09 beige...a bit lighter irl I think...one jacket I've never had but the leather will be insane!
It just arrived! It’s amazing! Luckily the older 38’s fit me. The leather is buttery and super broken in. Thank the heavens! Now… last one I have coming is 2007 Biscuit. Totally worn.. and that’s the way I want it … need to stop now

Last edited: