The Reputable jade Sellers list

There is only one way to find out, Bear... soak the jade piece in a small bowl of pure acetone for a bit... brush areas with a soft tooth brush, then wash it off with liquid soap and water. If it is glue, it will fade, and possibly run into other areas of the piece. But some of the glue will be gone. Maybe even a lot of it. I have removed the glue from an inside crack on a carved bangle that way. It's chemical free now, baby! But it was just that one area that was treated. Glue will look "psychedelic poster in black light circa 1967", but wax might appear simply light blue, I don't know! If you don't want to risk anything, wear the bracelet or piece often, particularly in a warm shower or bath, daily. If it is beeswax or parafin, it will fade over time. Glue won't change a bit.

PS: You sure got that UV torch fasssst! You will love it! The white light can locate tiny dropped items in carpet, etc., like you wouldn't believe!! The yellow light is awesome for seriously looking into the crystal formations inside your jadeite, and you will keep discovering additional uses for the torch, I'm sure!
Thank you Ruby! Nice work on getting your bangle chemicals free!:heart::biggrin::heart: Those are great ideas. I did not even think about finding small items in the carpet. I am always re-stringing something and dropping beads on the floor. lol!

Last edited:
It's buyer beware when dealing with JadeEmporium on Etsy.
The bangle they sold me as grade A jadeite was determined to be treated after all (grade B polymer treated but not dyed) by Mason Kay. But honestly, it would not have taken a lab to notice that it glows throughout under UV, just my new favorite toy (UV flashlight). So the seller either is that ignorant or unscrupulous to list it as grade A. Only after I purchased it with the agreement that I would get it tested and return if treated, did they have the nerve to message me to say, "The chances of this one being genuine A grade are 50/50"! It did not say that on the listing. At least I can returning it for a refund. I don't even mind the cost of sending it to the lab and playing around with it and the flashlight - it was a lesson for me. I am just worried that they would try to sell it to another unsuspecting customer at grade A jadeite prices.
IMG_20190419_140056.jpg

I think I am avoiding the polymer impregnation incidents by virtue of the colour factor: emerald green is beautiful, but it doesn't appeal to me very much, I prefer celadon, and light apple, blue hues, moss in snow... I don't care for lavender much either. It seems emerald, lavender, and white is where the Bs and B+Cs keep turning up most often. :sad:

Reactions: jadeitebear
A shoutout to JadeBeautyLady on Etsy. I think her shop is relatively new and but she has a few beautiful pieces including some that are a nice deep lavender. Not cheap though and I got this green one. Came with a certificate and you can order a second certificate from her from an Australian testing lab for an additional $150 after purchase (of course). I did not bother, just got the original certificate it came with so may send it to get a US certificate at some point in the future but I am happy with the purchase as is. Cleo was very responsive, nice and flexible on the price. Also sent a free lavender cab gift.
IMG_20190520_165907 (1).jpg

Hi Suchi.

I have not bought from her, though she was referred to me by some Jadies here as a reputable seller (I almost bough a bangle but it turned out to be the wrong size - my mistake). So while I cannot vouch for her jade personally, I find her very responsive and professional and I think she offers certification. I'll leave it others to add comments if they know more, but looking at her pieces the colors (mostly blue) and other interesting patterns tend not to be the ones most frequently faked.

That said, I would ask questions and ask for pictures especially of any stone lines /defects present and ask if she will provide a certificate from a reputable agency with the purchase. I don't think she accepts returns as the jade is supposed to be "brand new" so getting a piece under the condition that you can return if your lab determines it is not Grade A is not an option.

Good luck and let us know what you decide :smile:

Reactions: DrBoBo and suchi
Hi Suchi.

I have not bought from her, though she was referred to me by some Jadies here as a reputable seller (I almost bough a bangle but it turned out to be the wrong size - my mistake). So while I cannot vouch for her jade personally, I find her very responsive and professional and I think she offers certification. I'll leave it others to add comments if they know more, but looking at her pieces the colors (mostly blue) and other interesting patterns tend not to be the ones most frequently faked.

That said, I would ask questions and ask for pictures especially of any stone lines /defects present and ask if she will provide a certificate from a reputable agency with the purchase. I don't think she accepts returns as the jade is supposed to be "brand new" so getting a piece under the condition that you can return if your lab determines it is not Grade A is not an option.

Good luck and let us know what you decide :smile:
Thank you! I absolutely loved some pendants but was unsure since compared with other reputable sellers, the price seemed too good to be true. I am planning to make a small purchase now.

Reactions: jadeitebear
Hi, has anyone bought from ebay seller shishi.09? Are their jadeite Grade A?

Hi Narya, I purchased a bangle from shishi_09 a few months ago. It was grade A, however be aware that some of the listing titles that say "Certified" look treated and when you look at the description further down it does not specifically say Grade A or there is no certificate in the pictures. So make sure that the listing says "Grade A" in the description and also ask questions about the quality. The bangle I got (under $50 US) checked out as grade A but had a very noticeable crack that was felt with a fingernail. I contacted him about it and he was very responsive and ended up giving a partial refund. So be aware of what the quality is for the price and some of the better looking bangles seem questionable. MarkedIMG_20190509_150753_LI.jpg

I love Allan Spehar, Ultimate Jadeite and Ginger Coast Jewelry on Etsy. Ginger Coast is a relatively new seller (with lots of amazing Guatemalan blue pieces), but does a great job listing her items correctly and they're always grade A. I love the pieces I got from her, all reasonably priced too.

Just recently, had a horrid experience with GradeJadebyMelody. Supposedly she shipped from China, but my item arrived from a US address. (Seems to me that she has some random friends shipping look-alike bangles from the US to US customers). She sent me a completely different item from what I ordered, with an entirely different serial number. She refused to refund my money, but instead argued that serial numbers do not matter because they print the certificates themselves at home... I ended up shipping the item back to China. In addition to being a complete different shape, color and serial number, it was clearly not Jade. PayPal refunded my money and Etsy profusely appologized, but she is still in the platform.

39k amazon fraud.jpg
Although I have no personal experience with this seller, this listing would hit #1 on a "Top 10 Jadeite Sellers You Should Probably Not Trust" list.

$39,000 (plus $4.49 shipping - that part really cracks me up).

I forget how many millions of dollars the Barbara Hutton Fei Cui bangle sold for at its most recent HK auction, but that bangle was not as perfect as this one... and the listing title is a hoot.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0719PN4J9/ref=pe_1098610_137717230_cm_rv_rej_eml_dp

Last edited:
I love Allan Spehar, Ultimate Jadeite and Ginger Coast Jewelry on Etsy. Ginger Coast is a relatively new seller (with lots of amazing Guatemalan blue pieces), but does a great job listing her items correctly and they're always grade A. I love the pieces I got from her, all reasonably priced too.

Just recently, had a horrid experience with GradeJadebyMelody. Supposedly she shipped from China, but my item arrived from a US address. (Seems to me that she has some random friends shipping look-alike bangles from the US to US customers). She sent me a completely different item from what I ordered, with an entirely different serial number. She refused to refund my money, but instead argued that serial numbers do not matter because they print the certificates themselves at home... I ended up shipping the item back to China. In addition to being a complete different shape, color and serial number, it was clearly not Jade. PayPal refunded my money and Etsy profusely appologized, but she is still in the platform.
Thanks, DrBoBo! Will know to watch out of them, what an awful experience. Thanks for posting.

Has anyone dealt with the JadeiteRoom on Etsy? They are a new seller on the platform claiming to have an online business in HK and are expanding online. They have a large selection of bangles and other items in interesting jadeite colors in the mid quality range. The prices are in line with most sellers too. They claim it is all certified Grade A but there are no certificates shown in pictures. I am interested to know if they are legit.

Thank you! I absolutely loved some pendants but was unsure since compared with other reputable sellers, the price seemed too good to be true. I am planning to make a small purchase now.
I have, Ginger Coast is legit! I bought 3 bangles from her over the years, all exactly as described. She has a lot of Guatemalan blue. I highly recommend her, all my pieces from her tested type A. With that's said... In her listing/profile, she does say that she carries mid range and to expect clouds and stone lines. I find this to be the case in some of her Burmese pieces (my lavender bangle). Her Guatemalan blue pieces have been great though, but I would closely examine the pics before purchasing for imperfections.

Reactions: Jadegirl and suchi
Thanks, DrBoBo! Will know to watch out of them, what an awful experience. Thanks for posting.

Has anyone dealt with the JadeiteRoom on Etsy? They are a new seller on the platform claiming to have an online business in HK and are expanding online. They have a large selection of bangles and other items in interesting jadeite colors in the mid quality range. The prices are in line with most sellers too. They claim it is all certified Grade A but there are no certificates shown in pictures. I am interested to know if they are legit.
This forum has been so useful to me that I decided to sign up and contribute! I purchased a jadeite bangle from JadeiteRoom on July 22nd and received it a week later in California. I did receive a laminated card from Zhongwei Jewelry and Jade Quality Inspection Center and when I checked their website, it seemed liked a legitimate lab since they had photos of the equipment that they use. Unfortunately, all their text is in Chinese, so I could only go by the photos.Capture.PNG IMG-2444.JPG IMG-2443.JPG

This forum has been so useful to me that I decided to sign up and contribute! I purchased a jadeite bangle from JadeiteRoom on July 22nd and received it a week later in California. I did receive a laminated card from Zhongwei Jewelry and Jade Quality Inspection Center and when I checked their website, it seemed liked a legitimate lab since they had photos of the equipment that they use. Unfortunately, all their text is in Chinese, so I could only go by the photos.View attachment 4511676 View attachment 4511677 View attachment 4511678
Beautiful bangle! I love the size, so feminine.