Official Hermes Belt Thread

Hermès size Waist circumference cm to in ... just measure your waist or where you want the belt to hit you... this info is on their website under the belt kits size guide link...
70cm - 27.5"
75cm - 29.5"
80cm - 31.5"
85cm - 33.5"
90cm - 35.4"
95cm - 37.4"
100cm - 39.4"
105cm - 41.3"
110cm - 43.3"
115cm - 45.3"
120cm - 47.2"

They said it’s prety quiet the store today , so I said I’d go look at them.
My shopping advisor has gone to her brothers for Xmas, so I have to go alone ....
I hope I don’t get mall-rage !!! :biggrin:

Picked up two new 32’s for Christmas. Even though they stopped making the flat end on the strap I’m still loyal to the 32 as I love mixing and matching. Although with 5 now, maybe I’ll try some 38’s and 42’s, but I probably would not purchase the Constance in either. Even in my 32 my Constance buckles are my least used.

EF8F8B68-47C9-493B-A8C6-ECF6831175BF.jpeg

So apparently I should have asked about the 38mm a while ago , as they’ve had it for a while !!!
It looks so much like the 42mm it’s hard to tell the difference .
And he confirmed the 42mm is no more ...
They still have some available, so get them while you can

I took some terrible pictures ....

First pic is me trying to remember how to take “live” off the camera , hence me looking old , confused and stupid ..
A look I wear often :biggrin:

Rest are taken with my awesome tee shirt in full view !!!
38mm brushed ,
32mm tourareg ,
and the white one is a 42mm gold

310D3E1D-A1B3-4D7C-BDC4-F622E024281C.jpeg B146FC0D-ADBD-43E4-8F14-05C5FD395723.jpeg E63BCC63-812A-42C4-AC7D-31FB5C57309C.jpeg D2DA3CB3-0773-4C57-A59B-E52CF973B812.jpeg

Last edited:
I also found this whilst browsing the stores around Hermès .
( the 2 sales people where busy and security was following me around first time I went , so I walked away for 10 minutes while it quientened down)

I’ll probobly buy it in the future to wear with this watch (making a very rare appearance at work due to its “scratchability” ) , but it’s not top priority as that watch rarely gets worn .

Edited to delete non-H, non-relevant items PT

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: gagabag
It is smaller than the 42 , but due to same shape it through me .
I was supposed to go back today , but my shopping advisor is incommunicado right now .
Will compare them both side by side when I go back to buy my belt

I have a cunning plan wether I buy the 32mm or 38mm ...

I’m going to try to find a black 42mm leather in my size , then find somebody to modify it at the ends to fit my buckle . This will then get aged and be my work strap .
If this doesn’t work out , I’ll have to find somebody to make me a strap from scratch , but would prefer to modify a Hermès strap .

Modifying an Hernes strap does not seem a good idea to me.
For one reason they are edge-stitched.
However I have considered trying to get an atelier working in exotics to custom make a wider strap with shaped ends to accommodate a 32mm H buckle.
But then you do have to answer the question, 'Why?'
If Hermes does not produce exactly what we want, why is it so important that it has to be Hermes around our waist?
The answer is nothing to do with quality and workmanship - that which can justify 1000s for a handmade bag.

That’s a very good question .
For the money I would spend on a tourareg , I could buy a new (or used) fender for a car I’m restoring .
But then I’d be taking a grinder to that fender and modifying it anyway to fit my car .
Why spend all this money on a car when any old beater would get me from a-to-b ??

Which size buckle are you planning to buy? If the 32, then your 42 mm belt is going to be messed up. Attached are my 32 and 42 sets

I don’t know yet .
I sent pics to buy shopping advisor and she replied “the second one) .
But the 2nd photo I sent her was a feregamo belt ...
The 2nd Hermès pic was the tourareg which is only in 32mm.
I’m waiting on a further reply .

She went to Hermes for me last week to look at belts and was gushing over the tourareg so presume she means that but I’m not too sure as it was her that suggested I look at ferregamo