Official Hermes Belt Thread

Hermès size Waist circumference cm to in ... just measure your waist or where you want the belt to hit you... this info is on their website under the belt kits size guide link...
70cm - 27.5"
75cm - 29.5"
80cm - 31.5"
85cm - 33.5"
90cm - 35.4"
95cm - 37.4"
100cm - 39.4"
105cm - 41.3"
110cm - 43.3"
115cm - 45.3"
120cm - 47.2"

I have been looking on real-real , eBay , 1st-dibs , all the usual sites to see how these things wear .
And some of the pics of vintage buckles scare me !! :biggrin:

On Friday I was showing a friend at work a beat-up old belt on eBay and explaining why I wanted a solid metal tourareg one .
I just went looking for it on eBay for to explain to you my fears , when I came across something interesting !!

The first link is the worn out h belt ( probobly after a year of me wearing a new one for work) , the second is a belt that could work for me ...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hermes-Bro...:SuwAAOSwZKpbpWeE:sc:USPSPriority!92653!US!-1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-...261075?hash=item3d7b37d2d3:g:kbwAAOSwTypa4rig

p.s.
by plate buckle, I did not mean ‘plated’, I meant the type of buckle where the fastening is a stud into the hole of the strap

p.p.s.
the second belt (the metal one) looks badly worn at one on the keepers

Thank you . I figured out what you meant , but my main concern is the plating rubbing off the belt buckle .
Have you ever seen that metal belt before ?
I think it looks cool !!!
Any idea what metal it is made from ?
Or what size waist it is ?
I have sent a message on abay about the materials and size , but do not expect a reply until tomm0row due to location .

I have been wearing canvas the last few years as my old beat-up leather belt got lost sometime during my emigration to Usa .
They have been fine , but the buckle fails after around a year . And they allways fail as I’m getting dressed to go to work , or within the first hour .
leaving me low-riding for a day and adding time on my commute home as I have to stop and buy another !! :biggrin:

What did you think of my idea to buy a used tourareg and see how it works out ?
After reading your advice about the buckle coming loose after a while I think it might be a worthwhile experiment as it will be allready worn when I get it .

Hi guys,
This is a question about customization. I hope it’s ok if I ask it here.
If I buy a lightly used 110cm crocodile porosus belt will they reduce it to 85cm?
If not, will a decent cobbler do it?
Can you recommend one in NY or Miami?
Thank you!

P.S. I FINALLY found a belt that matches my K25. Been looking for 3 months!

Reactions: carlinha
Hi guys,
If I buy a lightly used 110cm crocodile porosus belt will they reduce it to 85cm?
Thank you!

I’ve requested this before many years ago at the Madison store and was denied... the most they will do is add 2 (or is it 3?) extra holes to the belt. I don’t know if the policy has changed, but worth giving it a try! Good luck!!!

Reactions: NOIRetMoi
I’ve requested this before many years ago at the Madison store and was denied... the most they will do is add 2 (or is it 3?) extra holes to the belt. I don’t know if the policy has changed, but worth giving it a try! Good luck!!!

It’s 2 now. I had two added last month to all my straps.
Thank you, guys. I’ve had 2 holes done before as well. Do you think they will do 2 holes 20 cm apart from the original holes?

Reactions: noegirl
Hi guys,
Thank you!

Hello! Not sure if this helps, but a few years ago the craftsman at my boutique shortened a chamonix/epsom belt strap for me from 110cm to 80. After searching for the strap for ages, my SA offered this service when one finally popped up, but in the wrong size. The work was done beautifully! I'm not sure if they still offer this service, but worth asking, perhaps with NY after sales dept. Good luck! :flowers:

Here's a link to pics -
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/official-hermes-belt-thread.562026/page-118#post-24729372

Last edited:
Hi all, I thought I would ask the pros here about the cost of the 42 mm "kit" buckles separate new in store in the USA. I remember looking at the display the last time I was at the boutique and talking to the SA about it, but didn't ask about the price and I have a 42 mm belt-strap on the way sans buckle. I also can't seem to find them listed separately online. My biggest hope is for a palladium Mors but I'd probably settle for gold as well.

I could ring up my SA and ask, but I'd like to be ready to buy at that point.

Hi all, I thought I would ask the pros here about the cost of the 42 mm "kit" buckles separate new in store in the USA. I remember looking at the display the last time I was at the boutique and talking to the SA about it, but didn't ask about the price and I have a 42 mm belt-strap on the way sans buckle. I also can't seem to find them listed separately online. My biggest hope is for a palladium Mors but I'd probably settle for gold as well.

Hermes will not sell a buckle without a strap. They will sell a strap without a buckle. Perhaps if you can find one, they will let you return the strap you just bought and repurchase it with a buckle. Good luck!

Reactions: papertiger
Hi guys,
Thank you!

Hi, I Jesé to do this regularly at the NY boutiques that had craftsmen. I don’t know if the still do it as I am not sure of the edges these day (they used to cut the straight edge and then resin it), good luck!

Reactions: NOIRetMoi

Hermes will not sell a buckle without a strap. They will sell a strap without a buckle. Perhaps if you can find one, they will let you return the strap you just bought and repurchase it with a buckle. Good luck!

Or, if you think you may like/need other colours, keep the strap, order a new kit and then you will have 2 belts for the price of 1 plus extra strap.