Scarves Hermès Spring/Summer '19 Scarves

There is definitely an animal for every taste in that one. A soon as I saw the cat I thought of you! Not sure about the monster ( Godzilla? ) , but love those penguins!

I’m usually not a fan of the busy and wacky designs, but I absolute love this one! Cats, Godzilla, penguins, who else but Hermes would put them all in one scarf!

I’m also loving the geodes scarf and Kawa Ora and the Pivoines scarf and BdG (yes, I love it in every iteration) and Equator and...I’m sure I’m forgetting something [emoji28]

There is definitely an animal for every taste in that one. A soon as I saw the cat I thought of you! Not sure about the monster ( Godzilla? ) , but love those penguins!

Thank you @weN84, @scarf1 and @emjani for sharing!

When I saw the hint of penguins and zebras in the corner previews, I knew that animapolis had to be mine. I’m absolutely loving it, but the big beige Godzilla is slightly bizarre. But everything else in it makes up for it!

Reactions: Meta
continuation of the research
1. kawa-ora
2. pierres-et-cristaux
3. carre-70-les-coupes
4. animapolis

30-carre-kawa-ora-photo-studio-des-fleurs-513733.png
32-carre-wash-pierres-et-cristaux-photo-studio-des-fleurs-c63f1d.png
34-carre-70-les-coupes-photo-studio-des-fleurs-2b4c39.png
31-carre-animapolis-photo-studio-des-fleurs-d8f597.png
32-carre-wash-equateur-photo-studio-des-fleurs-68f45e.png
33-carre-eyeliner-brides-de-gala-photo-studio-des-felurs-d97b79.png
Wow, is Animapolis by Ugo Gattoni?

Using very few colours is connected to a new ecological philosophy in Hermes project, since 7 or 8 years. Of course it needs less work as well but they do not want to adjust this to the price level. And they also print the silk with robots... people don't act anymore, they just control the final result. :annoyed:
Robots???? Are robots going to start making bags, too? I don't mind that H is using robots for whatever b/c it's a trend in the apparel industry and elsewhere. It just is a little bit of a jarring thought that the company that put such emphasis on human craftmanship should have robots, too. I'm not being critical. I suppose there's room for both. Eventually, as AI improves, will the robot replace the artisan? This is just a conceptual question which follows from being involved with robots in the first place.

Reactions: Julide
U
Robots???? Are robots going to start making bags, too? I don't mind that H is using robots for whatever b/c it's a trend in the apparel industry and elsewhere. It just is a little bit of a jarring thought that the company that put such emphasis on human craftmanship should have robots, too. I'm not being critical. I suppose there's room for both. Eventually, as AI improves, will the robot replace the artisan? This is just a conceptual question which follows from being involved with robots in the first place.
Unfortunately it's a goal even about artisans tasks. One of my friend is working in a printing factory and told me every is automatic from choosing and placing the frames until printing. The only human task is hand rolling the hem.
About the bags I m not sure. But...

Wow, is Animapolis by Ugo Gattoni?
It's almost as if the theme for next season is the animal kingdom and not dreaming with Equateur, Animalopolis and Kawa Ora being choc full of critters or animal references but I suppose those last two and Mythiques Phoenique are dream animal scarves. I love all the reptiles in Animalopolis. My partner would approve ( for once) of a scarf with Godzilla on it :smile:

Peering closely at the Tag-Walk pictures it looks to me as if Coaching is getting the metallic treatment.

Someone on Instagram pointed out that the murals are scarves by artists at the LA event and probably not reissues. [emoji26]

I dream of Paris, not of Godzilla. The classic black equator scarf is all that tempts so far.
I agree... the geode scarf looks interesting, however it doesn't have a contrast hem and that is kind of a deal breaker for me. Godzilla is just too busy for my taste. And Alice Shirley is so good at safeguarding my wallet by putting butterflies everywhere lol (I'm lepidopterophobic or at least that's supposedly the term for fear of butterflies).

I agree... the geode scarf looks interesting, however it doesn't have a contrast hem and that is kind of a deal breaker for me. Godzilla is just too busy for my taste. And Alice Shirley is so good at safeguarding my wallet by putting butterflies everywhere lol (I'm lepidopterophobic or at least that's supposedly the term for fear of butterflies).

I like butterflies and Alice Shirley so maybe there is a second possibility for me.

Actually, Équateur is a 90. And it’s not confirmed yet that Kachinas is a 140. @csetcos posted this below with regard to that design. My guess/hope is that they will introduce the 100 for the women too.
Or do you happen to have intel that both are coming as 140s (too)?

Thanks for the clarification [emoji8].

My guess is that the Kachinas will be a larger pointu - based on the photo I saw, the proportion seems too large to be a pointu based on a 90. Hoping!!!

I hope there will be more 140`s in silks. I have enough 90`s and cashmeres now but if the perfect 140 in silk comes out, I might buy one more scarf. For a sample a 140 silk Parures would be perfect.

Reactions: EmileH
Someone on Instagram pointed out that the murals are scarves by artists at the LA event and probably not reissues. [emoji26]

I dream of Paris, not of Godzilla. The classic black equator scarf is all that tempts so far.
Which equator scarf is this? It sounds beautiful! Is there a picture on this thread?:flowers: