Dyeing BV?

That’s amazing!!!
Found above in the thread you have nominated Camel, Carmino and Ebano! Now I think it’s possible with all of them. Camel color contains a white color, like a Krim (sorry I don’t know how to explain it in english) so you can cover eventual light scuffs with a right mix of white + beige. Carmino is a pure red (without white undertone), so probably you have to wash it first and then refurbish with red solo. Ebano is the simplest color to renew.

Forgive me if I give unsolicited advices - I really like to fix and restore leather goods, so I have some experience and a lot of excitement about it:giggle:

Found above in the thread you have nominated Camel, Carmino and Ebano! Now I think it’s possible with all of them. Camel color contains a white color, like a Krim (sorry I don’t know how to explain it in english) so you can cover eventual light scuffs with a right mix of white + beige. Carmino is a pure red (without white undertone), so probably you have to wash it first and then refurbish with red solo. Ebano is the simplest color to renew.

Forgive me if I give unsolicited advices - I really like to fix and restore leather goods, so I have some experience and a lot of excitement about it:giggle:

Nothing to forgive, I appreciate the feedback! I don’t think I’d be able to do it on the camel, I’d be too scared of messing up... [emoji23]

When I have time to just sit and devote to a project, I’ll try the ebano. Right now my teething 14month old is my full time cleaning project [emoji23]

I haven’t, I’ve been too scared to try anything. I’ve been scared it might bleed [emoji33] but I’ll try the baby wipes in a small area, hopefully it works! I think I’m also going to stick to darker bags from now on, or make sure I keep the lighter colors as a shoulder bag. I made the mistake of using it my City with a guitar strap so it hung low and rubbed against my jeans.
I've read that baby wipes are a bad idea...

I had wine-coloured dye transfer onto my Balenciaga Sahara Twiggy, a beautiful yellow-sand colour. Used Neo Cleaner and it took off the transferred dye. Not once, but twice, since I stupidly forgot and wore the same top again. :facepalm: You do have to be careful not to rub too hard or it will remove some of the original colour but it did a good job on my bag.
112_1_122110095224.jpg

I've read that baby wipes are a bad idea...

I tried in a small area and there’s still some blue, but I honestly didn’t work the area too much. I was too scared to put too much pressure. For now, it’s up on the shelf until I’m brave enough, and have enough time to devote, to taking the time to clean and condition my bags. Sticking to dark colors for now [emoji23]

I had wine-coloured dye transfer onto my Balenciaga Sahara Twiggy, a beautiful yellow-sand colour. Used Neo Cleaner and it took off the transferred dye. Not once, but twice, since I stupidly forgot and wore the same top again. :facepalm: You do have to be careful not to rub too hard or it will remove some of the original colour but it did a good job on my bag.
View attachment 4192119

Thanks! [emoji4]

This is a absolutely stunning!

I have successfully refreshed some of my bags, and from my experience I can tell you that it could work with dark shades only: black, brown, dark violet, dark red etc.
I redyed one brown Veneta; I bought this bag pre-loved and its condition did not match the description and photos.
When the bag arrived I saw very dry and old, discolored brown leather and some marks and patina on the suede inside that hasn’t been described. I have decided to try my luck.
So I have cleaned it with Cleaning Lotion&Conditioner by Famaco Paris and leave it for a few hours to dry. Then I dyed the bag with Dark Brown Crème Délicate (Famaco Paris too), pouring the liquid paint on a soft sponge and applying it in soft circular motions. The most important thing is to apply a small quantity of paint and not let it remain between fettucce.
The bag has faded very much, so I needed to do this several times (4 or 5, waiting for the complete drying every time), but the result was stunning.
I was guided by the brown color that remained in the leather trim around the pocket inside the bag, and I managed to achieve the same color depth.
Unfortunately I did not take photos in process but you can see the difference in a picture below.

Then I also have cleaned suede lining with cocount oil soap (Alga), pulling out the lining and cleaning it with an old toothbrush in very hot water, picking up the soap on the brush and rubbing the dirt off with circular movements. Then I washed off the rest of the soap with hot water and left the bag to dry out. Oh yes, if you will do this, try not to wet the intrecciato part of a bag, or even clean the lining before painting the bag, as the paint in the water can leak and stain the suede.
Also. When the suede lining dried up after cleaning, it became stiff, but after a few days of use it softened again.

On the pictures below you can see a result and the products I used.
I hope my experience will help you.

This is a absolutely stunning!
Thank you @indiaink ! I saw your thread about Mini Cabat, it’s a light years ahead from my modest work:nuts: I have a couple of bags that I would like to rehab similarly but I cannot find in Europe the thing that you used for edge paint. All “edge paint” here is a sort of liquid acrylic color, but it doesn’t have a rubber substance that can fill the cracks on the handles. Your was different, right? I saw that the handles became like new.

Thank you, @sonyamorris . It is Vernis Edge Paint, made in France, available here in the USA at Rocky Mountain Leather. Perhaps you could find a supplier there? Or check to see if Rocky Mountain Leather will ship internationally. It is different from 'edge paint' in that it is a substance that fills in the cracks - used to be known as 'edge coating' and some smart person changed that to the less conclusive 'edge paint' for it all. :smile:

https://www.rmleathersupply.com/collections/dyes-stains-finishes

Thank you @indiaink ! I saw your thread about Mini Cabat, it’s a light years ahead from my modest work:nuts: I have a couple of bags that I would like to rehab similarly but I cannot find in Europe the thing that you used for edge paint. All “edge paint” here is a sort of liquid acrylic color, but it doesn’t have a rubber substance that can fill the cracks on the handles. Your was different, right? I saw that the handles became like new.

You also can use leather cement to fill in the cracks, then use the acrylic to color it.

Edge coating/edge paint is made to flow evenly onto the surface and creates a very nice finish. I would not feel at all comfortable with leather 'cement'.
I do it all the time on my Coach rehabs. It fills in the holes and makes a smooth edge. Then I can paint Fiebings edgekote on to get the finish.

However, I saw a new product in the Hermes forum that I'd like to try. https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/i-did-the-unthinkable-my-so-k25.997252/
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/i-did-the-unthinkable-my-so-k25.997252/page-3#post-32634133

I do it all the time on my Coach rehabs. It fills in the holes and makes a smooth edge. Then I can paint Fiebings edgekote on to get the finish.

However, I saw a new product in the Hermes forum that I'd like to try. https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/i-did-the-unthinkable-my-so-k25.997252/
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/i-did-the-unthinkable-my-so-k25.997252/page-3#post-32634133
I just saw this - this is the Vernis Edge Paint I talked about a few posts ago. :smile:

Reactions: whateve