**Hermes Chat**

I don't hang out in this forum often but was curious about something. I saw a SO Birkin 30 for sale and it was listed with a reputable site - it was brand new and the receipt showed a purchase of just a few months ago. Since the Birkin is so hard to come by, why would someone do a SO of one and then sell it right off? And wouldn't the H company know who sold it off seeing as how a SO is probably for someone who is a highly valued customer? I sometimes see SO bags being sold and wonder why they are released after just a few months of ownership. I'm puzzled...

Mindi- having company motivates the hell out of me. Moving does the same. Believe I’m on that trajectory! How did I get all this stuff? And why? If I live a thousand years I will not wear out all my clothes and shoes. At times I feel guilty, at times grateful, and lately just overwhelmed. I’m trying to muddle through and let go a bit at a time.
Hope all are well and enjoying the fall weather that has arrived in the northern regions. I both enjoy and fear the seasonal change. Just means winter is coming! And not in the game of thrones way. Hugs to all.

This is so me. Too much h stuff. Tried the joy sparking approach, but it all sparks joy. Yet it can be overwhelming and that does not spark joy.

Getting LASIK this week. Has anyone done it?

CK, I’ve never had Lasik. But I hope it goes well. I like having glasses. They protect me from myself.

But t over the weekend, I finally had junk haulers come to my house and clean the cr*p that had accumulated in my Garage. It was $399 well spent funds.

And under the heading of sparking joy, I am picking up a Chanel jacket tomorrow. It’s just perfect for me. It’s my first real one from the store. My other ones were purchased on eBay or at Neiman Marcus Last Call.

I bought it at a Saks. My jewelry SA from Neiman recently moved there and she’s working with her counterpart for clothes. Now Saks is a one-stop shop where I can spend a lot of $. BUT, the experience is light years better than Neimans or Nordstrom for that matter. It’s a private area that I never knew existed. I ended up getting DD an entire new wardrobe for her 25th birthday. Plus I bought some other clothes too. So I got a nice gift card that I used on the jacket.

I also won’t give Neimans any more of my business.

BF28B616-9ADB-4F78-868B-D88C115DF022.jpeg

This is so me. Too much h stuff. Tried the joy sparking approach, but it all sparks joy. Yet it can be overwhelming and that does not spark joy.

Getting LASIK this week. Has anyone done it?

I had it done a while ago. Best money I’ve ever spent.

EB, I’m very unhappy with Saks online shopping experience. The wrong shoes were sent, I bought them during a promotion they don’t know if an exchange can be done under that promotion. Says on the packing slip I can return to a Saks store in Canada, told on the phone I can’t. Spent over half an hour on the phone. But I’m able to return them at no charge to me! Um, for your mistake, I’d better be able to return at no charge.

ck, I didn't have lasik but had cataract surgery. Similar, I think. No problems. So many people I know have had lasik successfully -- I didn't realize how many because they went from contacts to lasik. Good luck.

Pursey, Saks is a mess when there is a sale on shoes. I've gotten two right boots in different sizes, no one answers the phone, especially in the NYC store, etc. And certainly no one cares to spend their valuable sales time to fix a problem. They are one of the only stores that charges return shipping too. (But it hasn't stopped me from shopping there lol and they do have a great chanel RTW department.)

Pursey,
My Saks experience is not online, so I can't speak to it directly. The place I go is called "The Club" and it is a whole area of the store dedicated to a personal shopper and her assistant. So there is definitely a personal touch. I feel if I have any issues, she or the store manager will take care of it.
Saks knows my shopping history. And it's a big deal that I have left Neimans for good. In fact, before I left Neimans, I returned well into the 5-figures in purchases because I was so angry how the store managed the situation with my jewelry SA.
I do like online shopping, but only in places that really specialize in it, e.g. Matches, Net A Porter, My Theresa, etc.

Reactions: BBC