**Hermes Chat**

Thanks lulilu and EB :heart:

I won’t be buying from Saks online again once this has been sorted out.

EB, I’m so happy you had a good experience after your issues with NM.

Lulilu, I’ve run into that before with shoe sales, one pair left in my size but left and right shoes are different sizes. I swear a SA was selling two different sized shoes to a customer. :annoyed:

CK, I’ve never had Lasik. But I hope it goes well. I like having glasses. They protect me from myself.

But t over the weekend, I finally had junk haulers come to my house and clean the cr*p that had accumulated in my Garage. It was $399 well spent funds.

And under the heading of sparking joy, I am picking up a Chanel jacket tomorrow. It’s just perfect for me. It’s my first real one from the store. My other ones were purchased on eBay or at Neiman Marcus Last Call.

I bought it at a Saks. My jewelry SA from Neiman recently moved there and she’s working with her counterpart for clothes. Now Saks is a one-stop shop where I can spend a lot of $. BUT, the experience is light years better than Neimans or Nordstrom for that matter. It’s a private area that I never knew existed. I ended up getting DD an entire new wardrobe for her 25th birthday. Plus I bought some other clothes too. So I got a nice gift card that I used on the jacket.

I also won’t give Neimans any more of my business.

View attachment 4229589
EB, would you mind showing me the tag for this jacket? I love it!!! Thanks!

Pursey, I find SAKS is really terrible with crediting returns. I had the same issue with sent returns to Bloomingdales. It was weeks before the returns were credited as they were just in the return section and no one delivered the boxes to the appropriate dept. I’ve finally learned to put attention to the SA and correct dept. It’s so annoying as some of the returns were pricey ones.
I’m so so sorry about your issues with NM, EB. I use two different stores and both SAs are wonderful. I get different items from each one do it works out well. Does your saks SA work with orders not in the store?

This is so me. Too much h stuff. Tried the joy sparking approach, but it all sparks joy. Yet it can be overwhelming and that does not spark joy.

Getting LASIK this week. Has anyone done it?
I had PRK (similar to LASIK) about 13 years ago. Not a moment of regret.
My doctor recommended PRK over lasik because my eyes are so dry. Recovery is longer and there is pain with this procedure but 13 years later there is still no vision change. LOVE not wearing my contacts/glasses.

Reactions: eagle1002us and BBC
I don't hang out in this forum often but was curious about something. I saw a SO Birkin 30 for sale and it was listed with a reputable site - it was brand new and the receipt showed a purchase of just a few months ago. Since the Birkin is so hard to come by, why would someone do a SO of one and then sell it right off? And wouldn't the H company know who sold it off seeing as how a SO is probably for someone who is a highly valued customer? I sometimes see SO bags being sold and wonder why they are released after just a few months of ownership. I'm puzzled...
I have read other posters reasons for getting an SO Birkin then releasing it to the resale market. These are all correct. I might add that I bet there's sometimes a heckofa lot of pressure to buy something regularly of importance, e.g., a Birkin. (This pressure may be all in their head -- or maybe not. In my experience the SA may not like being turned down for a brown birkin when the customer never ever wears brown!!!!). Or, the customer may be on the fence but decide, oh, what the heck, and get it, only to realize later that the bag's not going to work out for them.

Reactions: BBC and ccbaggirl89
CK, I’ve never had Lasik. But I hope it goes well. I like having glasses. They protect me from myself.

But t over the weekend, I finally had junk haulers come to my house and clean the cr*p that had accumulated in my Garage. It was $399 well spent funds.

And under the heading of sparking joy, I am picking up a Chanel jacket tomorrow. It’s just perfect for me. It’s my first real one from the store. My other ones were purchased on eBay or at Neiman Marcus Last Call.

I bought it at a Saks. My jewelry SA from Neiman recently moved there and she’s working with her counterpart for clothes. Now Saks is a one-stop shop where I can spend a lot of $. BUT, the experience is light years better than Neimans or Nordstrom for that matter. It’s a private area that I never knew existed. I ended up getting DD an entire new wardrobe for her 25th birthday. Plus I bought some other clothes too. So I got a nice gift card that I used on the jacket.

I also won’t give Neimans any more of my business.

View attachment 4229589
If you posted what made you decide not to use NM again, I missed the post and would like to read it if possible.

EB. Congrats to your daughter. You must be so very proud. I love when young women forge their way in the world. Makes me hopeful for the future. And love the jacket btw! I’m also curious about the Neimans story. I now live very near a Saks both in NYC and Florida but I still have a warm spot for NM. If you don’t mind do let me know.

CK. Good luck with the LASIK. I wish I could do it. Don’t think I’m a good candidate given all my weird eye issues. I don’t mind contacts too much. Occasionally they can give me trouble but switching to daily lenses has made them more comfortable.

Hope all are well. I’m slogging along-selling a home is no fun. I’ve organized, cleaned and perfected. Realtor here tomorrow first thing for pix. Nothing I hate more than having strangers wander my home. Going to be a difficult time.
Hugs to all.