**Hermes Chat**

My advice for cleaning, Mindi, is to do one room or space at a time. I always think it feels good to get rid of stuff...I’m constantly sorting and depleting the items that I don’t use. Some I donate and others I give away to DD or dil. Recently I’ve given things to my dd’s friend who purchased a larger home. Have never missed any of these giveaways.

On the happier side, I HAVE found the wherewithal to introduce Mabel to her late sister Olive's tradition of writing DOGgerel, and I think Mabel's first-ever poetic effort suggests that she may be a canine literary titan in the making.
I give you. . . Mabel's first poem!

I'm Mabel Muffin.
I don't do nuffin'
That I don't want to do.

My ears are large,
And I'm in charge.
I eat my brother’s poo.

I stroll with swagger.
I swing my wagger.
Get what I want just ‘cus.

Do as I say
Or you will pay.
You must obey the fuzz.
No need to carry a doggie bag while walking Mabel b/c she immediately recycles her poop. A dog that cleans up after herself, imagine!

Reactions: vinbenphon1
My advice for cleaning, Mindi, is to do one room or space at a time. I always think it feels good to get rid of stuff...I’m constantly sorting and depleting the items that I don’t use. Some I donate and others I give away to DD or dil. Recently I’ve given things to my dd’s friend who purchased a larger home. Have never missed any of these giveaways.
I'm a constant sorter, too. Only I forget where I put things. Then I get nervous and somehow overlook the item I'm trying to find. Eventually, I find it and it's usually in the place where I originally stored it. If that makes sense.
Never take up sewing. It leads to all sorts of clutter. I have a huge plastic bin full of baggies of thread, notions, and fabric swatches. (I never know when a color from the 70s or 80s is going to surface again and I'll need thread, zipper, or buttons for it). Not to mention all the sewing patterns. Which are going to be sorted . . . soon, I hope.

I have missed the camaraderie and the Mindi-isms. Wish I had a similar way with words! Waving madly as well- and if anyone gets into NYC please let me know. Would love a mini-meeting. I’m not the best at finding my way around but I do know my way to the Wall Street Hermes!

@tesi I’m always up to hang out! Let me know if/when there’s a meetup. My favorite Wall Street SA moved to the temp Soho boutique in preparation for a management role when Meatpacking opens [emoji322][emoji322][emoji322]

PS just requested you on IG, I am ChicMommy123 [emoji8]

Mindi- having company motivates the hell out of me. Moving does the same. Believe I’m on that trajectory! How did I get all this stuff? And why? If I live a thousand years I will not wear out all my clothes and shoes. At times I feel guilty, at times grateful, and lately just overwhelmed. I’m trying to muddle through and let go a bit at a time.
Hope all are well and enjoying the fall weather that has arrived in the northern regions. I both enjoy and fear the seasonal change. Just means winter is coming! And not in the game of thrones way. Hugs to all.