**Hermes Chat**

Went fresh tulip picking over the weekend (first time!) and have been thoroughly enjoying them. Tulips are my absolute favorite flowers and was just lamenting to myself that the season was too short. Then I started to see some parallels with H's coveted bags...
  • simple look and design that I gravitate to
  • comes in a bunch of beautiful colors
  • when available to the public for a price, they go fast
  • depending on your location, needing to wait 8-11 months before I see a new one again
  • and if I were to plant them myself, having to diligently invest my time in order to see again (store bulbs in fridge, plant in particular specifications, deadheading, heading into the boutique every couple of months, shop different metiers, etc)
It sure does seem that there's a pattern to things I like :lol::flowers:

Attachments

• IMG_3845.jpg
    IMG_3845.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3844.jpg
    IMG_3844.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 8
Okay, I have to confess something… My name is @r luvs h, and I wear my Kellys open sometimes. It all started because I would sometimes overstuff my bags to the point that if I even thought about fastening the touret, the entire bag would probably fall apart. I never could shake the bad habit though, and it has haunted me throughout my life. They say the first step to recovery is admittance, so this is me admitting my truth. Thank you in advance for your support and understanding.:heart:

I think I need to join a Kellys Anonymous support group or something after this.:giggle: Also, the Olsen twins did it first!

@r luvs h : have a question regarding Kelly being held open when stuffed - structurally is it better to hold them completely open compared with hooking the flap on just the touret? I have the same challenge when using my kelly frequently now.. l actually hold them open if l know l will need something from the bag in a while after first opening it.
I would think that placing the entire weight on the metal touret would be more harmful than supporting the weight with the leather flap. Risk of the touret being ripped of the leather and it being misaligned? But most on tpf seem to scorn a kelly being held open

I gotten a couple non quota bags in that year and zero spending in the FJ Department so maybe that’s the reason why I’m still waiting 😅

I requested for grey/brown colours GHW (no etoupe/gold).
your non QB definitely contributed to the wait... from the time of the last non QB til now, how long has it been? this is a more accurate view of waiting time. around 8-12 months from last bag.

@r luvs h : have a question regarding Kelly being held open when stuffed - structurally is it better to hold them completely open compared with hooking the flap on just the touret? I have the same challenge when using my kelly frequently now.. l actually hold them open if l know l will need something from the bag in a while after first opening it.
I would think that placing the entire weight on the metal touret would be more harmful than supporting the weight with the leather flap. Risk of the touret being ripped of the leather and it being misaligned? But most on tpf seem to scorn a kelly being held open

That's a good question! I am not entirely sure of the exact physics behind it, but I do believe that carrying a Kelly with the flap on the touret is better for the bag’s longevity than carrying it fully open*. Nevertheless, this will not stop me from continuing to carry (some of) my Kellys fully open.:giggle:

*With my limited physics knowledge: carrying the bag open puts uneven strain on it, whereas using the touret helps to semi-evenly distribute the weight across the body of the bag. By the way, I can tell you from my experience that it's nearly impossible to rip the touret from the leather-- the metal plate on the flap would likely rip off first. Unless you perhaps use your Kelly as a bowling bag or to carry heavy weights, your touret should be fine!;)

OT: Just waxing poetic at this point, but the most effective design for a Kelly’s longevity would seemingly be one which included multiple tourets/closures on the flap (maybe one at each end, à la Sac Piano/Piano Kelly) instead of having just one in the middle. This, however, would be somehow more impractical than the current design.:lol:

That's a good question! I am not entirely sure of the exact physics behind it, but I do believe that carrying a Kelly with the flap on the touret is better for the bag’s longevity than carrying it fully open*. Nevertheless, this will not stop me from continuing to carry (some of) my Kellys fully open.:giggle:

*With my limited physics knowledge: carrying the bag open puts uneven strain on it, whereas using the touret helps to semi-evenly distribute the weight across the body of the bag. By the way, I can tell you from my experience that it's nearly impossible to rip the touret from the leather-- the metal plate on the flap would likely rip off first. Unless you perhaps use your Kelly as a bowling bag or to carry heavy weights, your touret should be fine!;)

OT: Just waxing poetic at this point, but the most effective design for a Kelly’s longevity would seemingly be one which included multiple tourets/closures on the flap (maybe one at each end, à la Sac Piano/Piano Kelly) instead of having just one in the middle. This, however, would be somehow more impractical than the current design.:lol:
This kinda makes sense, thanks!

• Love
Reactions: r luvs h
Not sure if this is the right place for my question… is the china with the two letter logo something available for a short term or always out there as an option? I could not find any information about it at all online.