• Leather Gel

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Leather Cream

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Leather Wax

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hi Hun,

I’m also thinking of getting either a regular purse or coin purse. I don’t know whether to wait till the Xmas sales (I’m in no rush) or whether to purchase from Cheshire oaks or one of the outlets for a cheaper price.

I’ve heard the leather quality has diminished since Johnny took over mulberry a few years ago. I read somewhere that the old leather was much higher quality and the Lily’s were lined with suede interior, whereas now it’s microfibre but at a steeper price. I still love the brand, but thinking of purchasing from coach as I think they have a similar style.
I looked at coach when they had some in stock at flannels - the nomad I think it was? Awful, I didn’t like the colours or the leather.

Reactions: Sugartats
I.have switched to the coach.1941 range it is the quality mulberry used to be. I will never buy another mulberry while coco is.designer Coach is.awesome and Stuart was always my.fav mulberr y designer anyway

JC will be devastated I'm sure.

Personally I think the styles and leather are superior. The old style Mulberrys were very dated and seeing the condition of some it's clear a lot of the leathers weren't 'all that'. Of course you'll always get those that are stuck in the past and hate change but no company will survive without evolving. I think after JC's first year of hideous bags he's making some beautiful bags in very nice leather.

Reactions: ivdw
I wouldn't shop in.Flannels for.anything
Strange comment, I read posts where you recommended Flannels, one of the reasons I called in to the new store. Anyway - point is I don’t think there’s any comparison between Coach and the old Mulberry leathers. Sorry.

Personally I think the styles and leather are superior. The old style Mulberrys were very dated and seeing the condition of some it's clear a lot of the leathers weren't 'all that'. Of course you'll always get those that are stuck in the past and hate change but no company will survive without evolving. I think after JC's first year of hideous bags he's making some beautiful bags in very nice leather.
The old Mulberry leathers were amazing, but styles were getting dated. I have a Darwin leather bag that is over 10 years old and still looks great. I wish we had “old” leather and the new styles.

Strange comment, I read posts where you recommended Flannels, one of the reasons I called in to the new store. Anyway - point is I don’t think there’s any comparison between Coach and the old Mulberry leathers. Sorry.
I don't actually know why EF frequents the Mulberry forum when nothing pleases her about thd brand anymore. *INSERT APPROPRIATE SMILIE*

Coach (IMO) is mainly over decorated.

[/QUOTE] The old Mulberry leathers were amazing, but styles were getting dated. I have a Darwin leather bag that is over 10 years old and still looks great. I wish we had “old” leather and the new styles.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the old leathers would suit the new style bags.

haha i couldnt agree more with what you said here - I think after JC's first year of hideous bags he's making some beautiful bags in very nice leather.

I used to own a bayswater double zipped tote and I have since sold it away, the bag just looked so dated. The new version of the bayswater zipped tote is so beautiful though!

Reactions: Sugartats
got this second hand but it’s quite dirty inside and out needs colour touch up.. I’ve used leather conditioner and it looks much better but cokour is fading and inside is very dirty I tried wiping it and using soap but not much luck! any tips ? How do I clean it inside and how do I make it look better on the outside ? Thank you all

Attachments

• DA760720-BCCB-4A5B-8617-19D8DA07039E.jpeg
    DA760720-BCCB-4A5B-8617-19D8DA07039E.jpeg
    136.3 KB · Views: 163
  • 268F84E5-D907-495B-96B5-046B575958A8.jpeg
    268F84E5-D907-495B-96B5-046B575958A8.jpeg
    173.4 KB · Views: 169
I've also read on this forum about the bad quality of the new leathers but I couldn't disagree more! I bought a small maple in the new oxblood leather and it has looked pristine for a year now despite a lot of use and rain. And it holds its shape much better than the old NVT. Perhaps some of the others reviewers got a bad batch of leather or something.

Sorry to reply a few months later but, in case it’s still relevant, I’d like to agree with your comment. I was given a darley full sized wallet in porcelain blue two years ago and have used it every day since - it still looks brand new. I bought a Seaton in black in January and have used it for work since and it’s still looking brand new too - not a mark. I do love the original leather of my small bays but the new leathers work well too.

Please please help... I know this sounds ever so dramatic but I am devastated :sad: I carried a bottle of water in my bag that has leaked through and created a stain on the outside - I have tried rolling the leather / pinching but no use. Has anybody successfully treated this themselves? I have read there is a company who claim to be able to fix this but for about £180 :sad:(( any tips? Has anybody used any of the “colour lock”’products?

You could take radical action by dunking the entire bag in water to blend it in .
I did this with a week old Anthony after getting caught in storm and it worked . I had read about it on here when an oak Roxanne was rained on . It ended slightly darker but an even colour .
There are several threads on here about bags being machine washed too and surviving vey well .

Good luck

Please please help... I know this sounds ever so dramatic but I am devastated :sad: I carried a bottle of water in my bag that has leaked through and created a stain on the outside - I have tried rolling the leather / pinching but no use. Has anybody successfully treated this themselves? I have read there is a company who claim to be able to fix this but for about £180 :sad:(( any tips? Has anybody used any of the “colour lock”’products?

The bags are under warranty for some amount of time, a year I believe. Even though this was an accident and not an inherent issue with the bag, you could try asking your Mulberry store if they offer any repair options. Maybe the price will be better than the quote you have from the other company. Best of luck getting it fixed!