Which of these would you pick?

• Leather Gel

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Leather Cream

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Leather Wax

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If it’s just a light scratch on the front I find Collonil 1909 leather lotion and a good buff with with a cotton polishing cloth removes most scratches as long as they aren’t too deep. I would try that and then once dry, spray Collonil Waterstop spray to give the bag a good covering. The spray is to protect the bag to make sure it doesn’t get marked by water if caught out in the rain which can happen to Oak Mulberry bags.
Be aware that Waterstop can sometimes turn the bag a slightly darker shade and you need to regularly treat with Collonil and Waterstop to keep the bag in the best condition possible.
Hope this helps.

Thank you, it doesn’t seem to be a scratch. I have purchased both cleaner 1909 and treatment gel from collonil. I will post pictures of the process and result :smile:

Here’s another shot but it’s not very noticeable

upload_2019-6-22_11-36-14.jpeg

Hi all, I’m embarrassed to admit that I’ve made a bit of a mess of my beautiful Heritage Bays .

I put her away a good while ago, but didn’t realise that there was still a pack of Strepsil throat sweets in her. I’ve brought her out and found that the foil packet had popped on one of them and has gone sticky in the bottom of my bag ☹️. I now have a hard patch inside and it’s soaked through and made a mark on the exterior.

It’s my favourite bag, it took me so long to find one with the cross body strap in Conker and I’ve stained her!

Does anyone have any advice or tips on how to go about removing the internal mess or stain please? Are there any home remedies or is it a spa job?

This isn’t my actual bag, it’s a photo of one currently listed on eBay that I found, but mine is exactly the same.

BFDB6CA8-BDA6-4141-A1E8-A7FBADED3FB4.jpeg

This is the stain on my bag.

AC7AF3B9-941C-4E3F-B417-E11706AB3F48.jpeg

TIA

Hi all, I’m embarrassed to admit that I’ve made a bit of a mess of my beautiful Heritage Bays .

I put her away a good while ago, but didn’t realise that there was still a pack of Strepsil throat sweets in her. I’ve brought her out and found that the foil packet had popped on one of them and has gone sticky in the bottom of my bag ☹️. I now have a hard patch inside and it’s soaked through and made a mark on the exterior.

It’s my favourite bag, it took me so long to find one with the cross body strap in Conker and I’ve stained her!

Does anyone have any advice or tips on how to go about removing the internal mess or stain please? Are there any home remedies or is it a spa job?

This isn’t my actual bag, it’s a photo of one currently listed on eBay that I found, but mine is exactly the same.

View attachment 4507643

This is the stain on my bag.

View attachment 4507644

TIA
So sorry for the damage to your bag! I would try to freeze the sticky mess like you would to get rid of chewing gum and then scrape it off with a knife. If the stain is placed on the bag I would try to get it out with water and a clean cloth, I think.

So sorry for the damage to your bag! I would try to freeze the sticky mess like you would to get rid of chewing gum and then scrape it off with a knife. If the stain is placed on the bag I would try to get it out with water and a clean cloth, I think.

Thank you very much for your advice.

I scraped the inside and managed to get quite a bit of the mess off, there is still residue, but it was solid and it’s flexible now. The outer stain has also reduced with wiping, but it’s still darker and I have made a water mark! I knew I probably would though and it still looks so much better, so I’m not too worried about it. I also much rather the water mark than leave the sugary mess that may cause more damage to the leather. I’ve just purchased some Collonil Delicate Cream, so hopefully with rolling the water stain and a bit of tlc with the cream, it’ll get even better .

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your advice.

I scraped the inside and managed to get quite a bit of the mess off, there is still residue, but it was solid and it’s flexible now. The outer stain has also reduced with wiping, but it’s still darker and I have made a water mark! I knew I probably would though and it still looks so much better, so I’m not too worried about it. I also much rather the water mark than leave the sugary mess that may cause more damage to the leather. I’ve just purchased some Collonil Delicate Cream, so hopefully with rolling the water stain and a bit of tlc with the cream, it’ll get even better .
A watermark will be less visible if you bend and roll the leather! Promise! That's a tip I got here, and it totally removed watermarks from my oak lily.

Reactions: Lianne.e
Hello. I have gone crazy and purchased a wreck of a bag that has ended up in water. It originally was a beautiful Plonge Lambskin bayswater with rose gold rivets. There was nothing else that could be done to rescue it other then dye it black. I think it looks quite good now. Here is before and after shot. I think it’s sort of rescued. Just need to figure out what to do with lining! I think it’s the fake suede/ microfiber and while dyeing it I got some dye on it. Do I dye it too? Any suggestions welcome :smile:

Attachments

• FA09A083-2363-4A07-A889-2B37A17D58CD.jpeg
    FA09A083-2363-4A07-A889-2B37A17D58CD.jpeg
    524.8 KB · Views: 117
  • 7BC2AEE7-7AAC-4128-A563-72B58D71420A.jpeg
    7BC2AEE7-7AAC-4128-A563-72B58D71420A.jpeg
    329.3 KB · Views: 119
ED0A5247-B37E-4DBF-9C73-055ACC2B90A9.jpeg FE645353-E909-47F3-8FF0-B03FA1925C41.jpeg 1B05A6D9-DB5B-488D-BDDD-5AC39E694029.jpeg 9C4275E0-CEC9-4671-B7B9-1D7BBC3B6D26.jpeg I have a Tessie Satchel in oak and noticed today that the leather looks pretty worn even though I haven’t used it that much. I’m terrified that it will look like a mess after a year or so, since I purchased it pre-loved and looking pretty much like a new one and have only used it this summer on and off. I’ve used collonil leather gel on it. Is this normal? Is the leather really so delicate?

Reactions: ShinyW
Hello ladies!

I know this thread has been MIA recently but hopefully some of you might see this.

I have both a mini and medium Cara and they have been in daily use since I purchased them.

I’ve had my mini for a fair bit longer but I’ve noticed the flap has started to fold back on itself (difficult to explain but I’ve popped a photo below that might explain it better than I can!)

I wondered if any of you guys had experienced this and if you have any ideas on how to fix it? My medium doesn’t have this issue but I wonder if it’s because the flap is quite a bit thicker than the mini?

Thanks in advance you lovely people :love:

Attachments

• C2DFD6A1-B3F7-42D8-90FD-B613B2ABE13D.jpeg
    C2DFD6A1-B3F7-42D8-90FD-B613B2ABE13D.jpeg
    184.6 KB · Views: 62
View attachment 4523996 View attachment 4523997 View attachment 4523998 View attachment 4523999 I have a Tessie Satchel in oak and noticed today that the leather looks pretty worn even though I haven’t used it that much. I’m terrified that it will look like a mess after a year or so, since I purchased it pre-loved and looking pretty much like a new one and have only used it this summer on and off. I’ve used collonil leather gel on it. Is this normal? Is the leather really so delicate?
Beautiful bag none the less.
Well made. Wonderful Leather. Great Colour. Superb Stitching....
Not sure how to treat it.
Just a compliment on how she is now.