Paris trip for Hermes

Please try to stay on topic. I realise because of the complexity of some of the posts members may veer off but in answer do not 'go there'.

For info and questions on US customs please post on the thread below: post https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/us-customs-discussion-airports-importing.905560/

or non-US destinations: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/does-h-store-paris-wants-to-ship.605014/page-3

For questions relating to prices https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-hermes-current-prices.102567/page-357

For traveling with boxes https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...me-hermes-boxes-when-traveling.1044553/page-5

I will leave this reminder as a sticky because tthis is often a thread that new members (or new Hermès lovers) post on - hopefully temporarily.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I’ve read many of your stories and thought I’d share mine.
Tried the appointment system registered on Saturday was rejected for Monday. On Monday tried registering for Tuesday, and there was a problem with the sms code so on the same day( Monday) passed by the shop to inform them. They helped me sort it out and told me if I pass by in the afternoon they might be able to squeeze me in. I passed by the afternoon and they did squeeze me however they did not have any bags left. By evening I got confirmation for my appointment on Tuesday (yay) first thing 10:30 am so I was really excited. I stood outside and literally when the doors opened people rushed in like kids in a candy shop haha. I then showed them my appointment and the assistant took me to a nice room and asked for what I was looking for. I told her I am also intersted in some perfume and accessories, she said let’s do the bags first (yay). She came back saying that I didn’t have any history in the shop which I said I didn’t. Then she disappeared for 30 minutes andncame back with small boxes and 1 mediumish box. She opened it and it was a perfect beauty!! Of course I said yes my first birkin 25 in togo rouge grenete with silver hardware. I’m sooooo happy after that we went down to choose the perfumes, I tried some of the charms but didn’t feel it matched the bag but overall I was very happy with my experience and especially that I managed to find something I was looking for. my top bag was birkin in black but this color is a beauty and I’m so happy I found her ! Now I know the hermes addiction is real haha

Thanks for sharing your story! Congrats on your score!

Tried the appointment system registered on Saturday was rejected for Monday. On Monday tried registering for Tuesday, and there was a problem with the sms code so on the same day( Monday) passed by the shop to inform them. They helped me sort it out and told me if I pass by in the afternoon they might be able to squeeze me in. I passed by the afternoon and they did squeeze me however they did not have any bags left. By evening I got confirmation for my appointment on Tuesday (yay) first thing 10:30 am so I was really excited. I stood outside and literally when the doors opened people rushed in like kids in a candy shop haha. I then showed them my appointment and the assistant took me to a nice room and asked for what I was looking for. I told her I am also intersted in some perfume and accessories, she said let’s do the bags first (yay). She came back saying that I didn’t have any history in the shop which I said I didn’t. Then she disappeared for 30 minutes andncame back with small boxes and 1 mediumish box. She opened it and it was a perfect beauty!! Of course I said yes my first birkin 25 in togo rouge grenete with silver hardware. I’m sooooo happy after that we went down to choose the perfumes, I tried some of the charms but didn’t feel it matched the bag but overall I was very happy with my experience and especially that I managed to find something I was looking for. my top bag was birkin in black but this color is a beauty and I’m so happy I found her ! Now I know the hermes addiction is real haha
Congrats ! You're one of the lucky ones to be getting a B25. I've never seen that color in the 25 size. Show us this beauty.

I would agree with @Fab41 on going down the reseller path if you are not fond of building relationships. You definitely can (and should!!!) try your luck in FSH, tho it's a total hit or miss. I have heard success stories, and I have also heard people coming back empty-handed.

Want to share that, unfortunately, all of my friends who are of the mindset of "this is going to be the only H item I'll ever have, so I'd better make it count and only want a black / neutral colored B / K." belong in the 2nd group who came back empty-handed. Their stories are always the same: they got the appointment (albeit at different times of the day), they showed up, they said "hi, I want a black or neutral colored B / K" and they were turned away. I am sure it is a combination of luck, the specs that they're after (those colors are popular) and the store's inventory of the day, but thought I'd share this. I think the SA would appreciate the customers having some level of understanding of H products and appreciation of the brands, so maybe demonstrating that at the get go would up your chance. It's all speculation at this point, and again, luck plays a huge part in the process.

In any case, Birkin or no Birkin, Paris is always a good idea. Have fun and safe travels.

Oh oh. I have only ever bought black handbags, so that was what I was going to ask for! However, last week when an SA offered me an Evie in Etoupe; I fell in love with it instantly and left with it. So guess I can be more open minded with colors. As for size I'm very petite so I don't think the bigger bags will work for me. I'm still studying the different leather. So thank for your suggestions.

And yes there are other things in Paris but coming home with an Hermes will be the icing on the cake!

Reactions: A-Line
Sweet! Congrats!!

Yaaaaay! Many congrats on your new B!!!

Oh oh. I have only ever bought black handbags, so that was what I was going to ask for! However, last week when an SA offered me an Evie in Etoupe; I fell in love with it instantly and left with it. So guess I can be more open minded with colors. As for size I'm very petite so I don't think the bigger bags will work for me. I'm still studying the different leather. So thank for your suggestions.

And yes there are other things in Paris but coming home with an Hermes will be the icing on the cake!
Absolutely! If you are looking for other styles as Plan B definitely check out their website - I personally like the Roulis and Lindy as my non-B/K/C alternatives. And if you’re into black there are bleu nuit which is KIND OF close to black but not really. Or their darker greys like etain. Etoupe is another good choice! :tup:

Hi ladies and gents just thought id share my first Fsh trip with those interested.

So i failed to get an online appt for 2nd Dec Saturday having tried the day before. I decided to go ahead and chance my arm anyway. I went into the store about 11am enjoyed looking around and then decided to purchase an H clic to make conversation. I told the SA i had been rejected for an appt and was very disappointed. She couldnt help but said i should go ahead and ask at the leather counter. So off i went. I spoke to a nice girl who seemed a bit distracted but told me to call back in a few hours i wasnt sure if she was just trying to move me along really.
So i called back to the store 4hrs later and went looking for her. The store was even busier but i waited patiently for the right moment to aporoach her. I mentioned i had called in earlier and also my decline in apt and that it was my birthday that day and i was so disappointed and asked if she could help. She was pleasant scrolled through her phone found my request and said she will call someone for me. She went on to say she had many angry customers but that i was patient and nice. I said you probably dont have many clients from my country and she said no not at all. I couldnt believe my ears... so i went off with the SA she called gave my choices to her and she went away for about 10mins. I then followed her in the customary manner you do to a small room. She presented one of my choices and that was it. A B35 clemence in rouge genate. She did also try get me to purchase the insert but i told her i dont like the way it doesnt fit perfectly.. so i purchased 2 twillies and that was it. I was offered champagne twice also. So i left a happy bunny...... i honestly think its all down to luck and nothing else......
I read you previous ordeal at H boutiques in Paris / France before and I'm genuinely happy that you finally got your bag! Enjoy it in a good health!

Congrats! Seems like Tuesday is a good day as another TPFer also shared that she got B35 twinsies on the same day I guess? Do show if some photos! We are happy for you!

I feel like I won the lottery! After all the drama with flight cancellations due to the snow storm hitting NYC and Air France going on strike I made it to Paris a day earlier than I planned and my Hermes angel came through with this beautiful bag. Presenting my Togo Kelly 32 color Etoupe with PHW. I can’t stop smiling I’m so happy. Switching my bag out now to wear her and off to enjoy the rest of my vacation.

FC6F67BD-E152-470C-8584-449FCA03B924.jpeg
8322E666-C285-4579-A9E8-63B1F276D1C4.jpeg

Attachments

• E49C80E7-DAD7-461E-9E65-19EAFD5A2390.jpeg
    E49C80E7-DAD7-461E-9E65-19EAFD5A2390.jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 1,533
I feel like I won the lottery! After all the drama with flight cancellations due to the snow storm hitting NYC and Air France going on strike I made it to Paris a day earlier than I planned and my Hermes angel came through with this beautiful bag. Presenting my Togo Kelly 32 color Etoupe with PHW. I can’t stop smiling I’m so happy. Switching my bag out now to wear her and off to enjoy the rest of my vacation.

View attachment 4009150
View attachment 4009151
Congrats on this beauty !! When you have a chance after sightseeing, unload your H story please.

View attachment 4009150
View attachment 4009151
congrats yay!!!!

Reactions: christina86

View attachment 4009150
View attachment 4009151
She’s beautiful! Enjoy Paris :smile:

View attachment 4009150
View attachment 4009151
Oh my! That's stunning! Congrats on your beauty!

View attachment 4009150
View attachment 4009151

Very happy for you! Congrats! It's beautiful! :heart: Happy vacation! :biggrin: