Paris trip for Hermes

Please try to stay on topic. I realise because of the complexity of some of the posts members may veer off but in answer do not 'go there'.

For info and questions on US customs please post on the thread below: post https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/us-customs-discussion-airports-importing.905560/

or non-US destinations: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/does-h-store-paris-wants-to-ship.605014/page-3

For questions relating to prices https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-hermes-current-prices.102567/page-357

For traveling with boxes https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...me-hermes-boxes-when-traveling.1044553/page-5

I will leave this reminder as a sticky because tthis is often a thread that new members (or new Hermès lovers) post on - hopefully temporarily.

Last edited:
Happy to report that the appt was a success!

I took home (and i posted this in a separae thread on latest purchase as well as not sure whats the best place to share this exciting news):

Mini bolide rose pourpre
Samurao scarf in color 05 AND!!
Kelly 28 sellier letter H!!!! (See pix)

So happy!
Woohooo!! Even Mr Chicken is too excited to hold your new baby!!! Well done u!!!!!! Did u make rapport with the SA and establish a new contact?!?!!! But you r in safe hands anyway!!!! Enjoy your haul in great health~~

Reactions: DYH
It was 9400 euro before VAT... a bit more expensive than the normal Kellys..

Anyone one know the price in usd so i can feel good about the ‘saving’?
Congrats on your precious haul. I’ve only seen someone carry the black one with the colour block, first time I see the gold version. What a feast for my eyes!

I think Kelly 28 Epsom is already USD 10 400, so with your VAT return and the rarity, you will sure feel better!!

Reactions: DYH
From this thread, i’ve read that purchase history outside of EU can’t be “seen” by SAs in Paris. And vice versa. Their systems are not linked. If i lived in the UK, it wouldnt be a question to try in Paris. My first H bag (k32) was from FSH, no EU / paris purchase history. I’m based in California.
That's what i figured (that US purchases were not visible in the system) but wasn't sure whether the ladies in question bought something in Paris in the past. As I said, happy to buy merchandise for a few $k but I really don't need RTW/jewellery so was worried. I need to figure out travel arrangements (if the appointment is a day before, I'll be jumping on first Eurostar in the morning) but might be an option to try this way rather than overpay the reseller. Thanks!

My first Hermes post :biggrin:
I've gone through the last 100 post let's say and not everyone who visited Paris stores is clear around whether they had a purchase history (in their country of origin/Paris) so i'm unsure whether the ladies who scored the B/K/C get the deal because somehow Hermes SAs were aware of their past spending or not.
I'm contemplating purchasing B/K at some point in future and not keen to buy a. other H bags b. clothes (not the size for high end fashion) c. shoes (size 12 US lol so it won't happen) d. expensive jewellery (don't wear it). I do like their leather bracelets and to some extent scarves + will be keen to get a Kelly wallet. But all of this won't ever add up to major purchase history. I'm based in the UK so London is my nearest store, however i see no problem on jumping on Eurostar and getting to Paris in 2-3 hours so rather Paris would be my destination.
Would you guys be inclined to take the reseller/pre-owned route or just go to Paris every now and then and try. I know the game, you need to be super nice, appreciate the brand, know the leathers/colours, don't count on getting the neutrals. But apart from that - does this strategy make sense (to try 5-6x per year in Paris without a major purchase history)?
Apologies if the question is dumb but just can't tell from the recent posts.

Hi Nikka, I personally did not have any purchase history in Paris or any other France store and was offered the first bag on my list during the very first appointment at FSH store :smile:
I think it doesn’t matter at all whether you have purchased anything or not before

Reactions: EmilyM111
Hi,
I will fly to Paris next week. I was wondering if it’s possible to be offered exotic B or K.? Does anyone know how much store credit shall I spend in order to be offered croc or lizard B or K ? I’m afraid that I would spend a lot of money and get offered a togo or epsom bag. Do they sell exotic to non VIPs? How much do I spend in order to be VIP at FSH.?

Hi,
I will fly to Paris next week. I was wondering if it’s possible to be offered exotic B or K.? Does anyone know how much store credit shall I spend in order to be offered croc or lizard B or K ? I’m afraid that I would spend a lot of money and get offered a togo or epsom bag. Do they sell exotic to non VIPs? How much do I spend in order to be VIP at FSH.?
I don't know the exact number to be considered VIP there - but I have heard of them offering ostrich to "non-VIPs." Not sure about Croc/Alligator but definitely Ostrich as far as I know. I recommend you be upfront with your SA on what you're looking for... ask for other bag types first then mention your goal of Os B/K. If they only give to VIPs, I feel like you'll get a sense almost upon asking. Good luck and keep us posted!

I don't know the exact number to be considered VIP there - but I have heard of them offering ostrich to "non-VIPs." Not sure about Croc/Alligator but definitely Ostrich as far as I know. I recommend you be upfront with your SA on what you're looking for... ask for other bag types first then mention your goal of Os B/K. If they only give to VIPs, I feel like you'll get a sense almost upon asking. Good luck and keep us posted!

Thank you, I hope I will have a success story to share

Hi,

Yes I asked for and got an ostrich b from Paris with some purchasing history over the years but definitely no where near VIP status. Best of luck!

Reactions: lulilu
Hi all! It’s my first post here, and I’d like to thank all you ladies for sharing your experiences here! It gave me the confidence to try scoring a bag, and I succeeded!

I had a pretty bad phobia of asking for bags, because of the countless rejections I’ve received from SAs, and sometimes made to feel like a fool for even daring to ask. I admit for several years I stopped entering Hermes stores because of my negative experiences. (My husband seeing how upset I got each time I got rejected told me to just buy from a reseller and spare myself the pain. But high mark up aside..the feeling of buying your own bag from a store is so different isn’t it.. the bag feels so much more special.)

However my latest experience at FSH has changed my perception!

I was in Paris with my husband last week, and tried for an appointment for 2 days before getting an appointment on Friday, at 3pm.

I woke up in the morning and checked: no changes to the timing, checked again at 11am, no changes. Then at 12pm I received a message that my SA was almost ready, 3 hours before I expected to be seen! We rushed over but the appointment time on the website got changed to 2.30pm. So my husband and I left for lunch nearby. Throughout lunch I kept checking and my appointment kept jumping from 2.30pm to 3pm to 2.15pm. Then suddenly halfway through lunch, I received the message: “Your sales associate is now available to meet you. Please meet a hostess at the leather department on the groundfloor.”.

I panicked! Immediately called for the bill and RAN over to the store! Rushed over to the leather department, no SA to be seen. At that point I thought that I had ruined my chance! I apologized to the hostess and told her I was late expecting the worst, but she smiled and told me it was ok, though my SA had waited quite a while for me. She paged for my SA, while I waited around the leather department. I waited for what felt like ages..no SA in sight. A lady in front of me with numerous Hermes shopping bags filled with what looks like scarfs and SLGs was getting outright rejected by her SA :”Sorry, no Bs, no Ks, no Cs”, while she continued pleading for a bag. I was getting increasingly nervous. So I decided to browse the nearby wallets, then scarves while waiting. Did not notice a second message come in requesting that I meet my SA at the leather department. When I returned to the appointed spot several minutes later, I saw my SA standing there waiting for me. I was late again!

My SA told me that a message had been sent to me, and that she has been waiting. Then without any introductions or small talk she turned, told me to follow her. Oh no.. bad sign. I wasn’t expecting much at that point after being late twice and hearing someone else getting rejected.

The SA then asked if I had purchased from them before, to which I replied yes, (I made several purchases of scarfs, charms, accessories, home ware etc years ago) I gave her my name, passport number, phone number, but nothing came up! She couldn’t find my profile! It looked really bad. First being late, now telling her I have a history but no profile to be found! So anyway she took me as a first time customer and registered a new profile.

She asked what I wanted. I told her I wanted a small B or K in bright colors for my mom’s birthday gift. She then asked if I wanted to see anything else for myself and I told her a black mini Constance.

After an anxious wait she returned, holding some flat looking boxes, definitely not B or K. My heart sank. But then she gestured for us to follow her into a room and I felt hope again! She presented me with a gorgeous black mini Constance! With RGHW. I was over the moon!!! I almost cried. Her demeanor then changed. She started smiling and chatting with us. She turned out to be really sweet, nice and friendly. I was really grateful that despite my lateness she still helped me get a bag I wanted. I added a kelly wallet and a scarf display system set to my purchase and left FSH a very happy girl!

IMG_9233.jpg

Oh yes.. not sure if you ladies experienced the same thing, but the store was almost empty when I visited, it felt so airy and spacious, and shopping there was such a pleasure. Not sure if it’s because it was lunch time or low season.. but I hope it stays that way! It’s a really nice change from the ridiculously crowded stuffy store I remember from a few years back.

Hi all! It’s my first post here, and I’d like to thank all you ladies for sharing your experiences here! It gave me the confidence to try scoring a bag, and I succeeded!

I had a pretty bad phobia of asking for bags, because of the countless rejections I’ve received from SAs, and sometimes made to feel like a fool for even daring to ask. I admit for several years I stopped entering Hermes stores because of my negative experiences. (My husband seeing how upset I got each time I got rejected told me to just buy from a reseller and spare myself the pain. But high mark up aside..the feeling of buying your own bag from a store is so different isn’t it.. the bag feels so much more special.)

However my latest experience at FSH has changed my perception!

I was in Paris with my husband last week, and tried for an appointment for 2 days before getting an appointment on Friday, at 3pm.

I woke up in the morning and checked: no changes to the timing, checked again at 11am, no changes. Then at 12pm I received a message that my SA was almost ready, 3 hours before I expected to be seen! We rushed over but the appointment time on the website got changed to 2.30pm. So my husband and I left for lunch nearby. Throughout lunch I kept checking and my appointment kept jumping from 2.30pm to 3pm to 2.15pm. Then suddenly halfway through lunch, I received the message: “Your sales associate is now available to meet you. Please meet a hostess at the leather department on the groundfloor.”.

I panicked! Immediately called for the bill and RAN over to the store! Rushed over to the leather department, no SA to be seen. At that point I thought that I had ruined my chance! I apologized to the hostess and told her I was late expecting the worst, but she smiled and told me it was ok, though my SA had waited quite a while for me. She paged for my SA, while I waited around the leather department. I waited for what felt like ages..no SA in sight. A lady in front of me with numerous Hermes shopping bags filled with what looks like scarfs and SLGs was getting outright rejected by her SA :”Sorry, no Bs, no Ks, no Cs”, while she continued pleading for a bag. I was getting increasingly nervous. So I decided to browse the nearby wallets, then scarves while waiting. Did not notice a second message come in requesting that I meet my SA at the leather department. When I returned to the appointed spot several minutes later, I saw my SA standing there waiting for me. I was late again!

My SA told me that a message had been sent to me, and that she has been waiting. Then without any introductions or small talk she turned, told me to follow her. Oh no.. bad sign. I wasn’t expecting much at that point after being late twice and hearing someone else getting rejected.

The SA then asked if I had purchased from them before, to which I replied yes, (I made several purchases of scarfs, charms, accessories, home ware etc years ago) I gave her my name, passport number, phone number, but nothing came up! She couldn’t find my profile! It looked really bad. First being late, now telling her I have a history but no profile to be found! So anyway she took me as a first time customer and registered a new profile.

She asked what I wanted. I told her I wanted a small B or K in bright colors for my mom’s birthday gift. She then asked if I wanted to see anything else for myself and I told her a black mini Constance.

After an anxious wait she returned, holding some flat looking boxes, definitely not B or K. My heart sank. But then she gestured for us to follow her into a room and I felt hope again! She presented me with a gorgeous black mini Constance! With RGHW. I was over the moon!!! I almost cried. Her demeanor then changed. She started smiling and chatting with us. She turned out to be really sweet, nice and friendly. I was really grateful that despite my lateness she still helped me get a bag I wanted. I added a kelly wallet and a scarf display system set to my purchase and left FSH a very happy girl!

View attachment 4013413

Oh yes.. not sure if you ladies experienced the same thing, but the store was almost empty when I visited, it felt so airy and spacious, and shopping there was such a pleasure. Not sure if it’s because it was lunch time or low season.. but I hope it stays that way! It’s a really nice change from the ridiculously crowded stuffy store I remember from a few years back.
Wow ! Congratulations on this beauty,

Reactions: Maddie11