Cartier LOVE *Bracelet* Discussion Thread!

Thanks! Would you say that yours is loose or more snug. The 16 might be perfect then for me! I just don't know and I don't want to go back to the store, especially because I can order online.

There is a fingers width between my wrist and the bracelet, so it is not snug. I can slide it 2 to 2.5 inches up my arm (from the protruding bone on the outside of my wrist) before it gets stuck.

Can someone that owns the size 16 bracelet tell me if the 16cm is measured from the inside of the bracelet or the outside. My wrist measures about 14cm and I am concerned the 16 will be too big. I did go to the store, but I tried on a sizer which really wasn't helpful at all. I really appreciate any advice.

should be the inside. my wrist is about 13 really boney and skinny.. but i think 16 is great, prob because of the oval shape the newer versions have it doesnt feel as loose.;)

Hi everyone. I would like some of your opinions regarding the love bracelet. I am turning 18 in July and have been racking my brain about what I want as a present. I want something I will have forever so whenever I see it I will be reminded my parents got it for me for my 18th birthday. I had contemplated a MacBook pro originally but that will be old and gone in a few years. Now my questsion is if 18 is to young to get a Cartier love bracelet. I was also wondering if I should wait until I'm older and get one from my boyfriend/ husband and not my parents. I would love to hear your opinions on the matter. Thank you.

Hi MaxineL,

18 is not too early. It just means you get to wear early & for a longer time.

It is also a lovely & appropriate gift from parents to their precious daughter.

I have 3 daughters who are in their early teens. So far, DH has bought 2 love bracelets for me. Getting a third in due time. The bracelets are currently worn & enjoyed by me but are intended for our daughters when they turn 18. Hope this helps!

That looks great and my wrists are bigger so even better. That is why I was wondering if I should get the cuff or the bracelet. Anyone own both? And thanks so much for the pic! They look beautiful on you!

Yes!! It will definitely look so better on your wrist! My arm looks like a stick-wearing-bracelets at times haha. Ive tried the cuff and it definitely feels smaller than the bracelet but i love the meaning behind the screws :smile:

How about this thread with photos of the love bracelet and cuff together for comparison:smile:? http://forum.purseblog.com/the-jewe...ing-love-bracelet-love-cuff-would-717759.html

Yes!! It will definitely look so better on your wrist! My arm looks like a stick-wearing-bracelets at times haha. Ive tried the cuff and it definitely feels smaller than the bracelet but i love the meaning behind the screws :smile:

How about this thread with photos of the love bracelet and cuff together for comparison:smile:? http://forum.purseblog.com/the-jewe...ing-love-bracelet-love-cuff-would-717759.html

Thanks so much! There is a pic I have seen with a cuff and a bracelet from the side. I love how the opening on the cuff provides some contrast to the solid bangle. So I want both...not asking for much, hehe! But I think I will get the bangle first and cuff next since the price increase is looming!

My wedding band is with a diamond.. Here it is:

Do you think it looks dark? Compared to the other band? Should I take it to Cartier? I've had it for 2 years now..

IMG-20121106-00606.jpg
Perfect...don't change thing!

My SIL has a WG love ring and had it replated by a local jeweller for
$60... Looked brand new and shiny. That's why I thought about getting a WG as well, because you can make it look brand new for a small fee... Same for the bracelet, don't know why Cartier charges $500 for it, that's insane! Any jeweller can do this IMO
I just had rhodium plating done to my TB and it looks brand new. I had all the stones checked (good idea with a TB considering metal fatigue) and he plated it for free. So it can't be that expense. $500 is too much to spend.

Can someone that owns the size 16 bracelet tell me if the 16cm is measured from the inside of the bracelet or the outside. My wrist measures about 14cm and I am concerned the 16 will be too big. I did go to the store, but I tried on a sizer which really wasn't helpful at all. I really appreciate any advice.
If your wrist is 14CM, then a 16 is beyond perfect for you. My wrist measures 13CM, and I LOVE how the 16 looks and feels on me. Let me know if the pictures are of any help.

Attachments

• bracelet.png
    bracelet.png
    272 KB · Views: 865
  • IMG_0898.jpg
    IMG_0898.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 937
I have my engagement ring rhodium plated whenever it starts to look yellow at the bottom. I just picked it up on Saturday - it cost $80. This is a pretty heavy 3-stone setting, 18k white gold - the price depends on the gold - it would have been different for 14k. The price has gone up and down over the years with the price of gold and precious metals.

The setting on my engagement ring seems to "turn" more quickly than my wedding band, which is a 5-stone but much thinner. My engagement ring is pretty substantial in band width - originally, I had it in the same style, but a much more delicate setting all around. When I lost the center stone at work one day (found it on the floor in the rest room!) because one of the prongs had broken, I had it reset into a much heavier setting! I think the wear is more apparent because of the width of the band.

Thanks so much! There is a pic I have seen with a cuff and a bracelet from the side. I love how the opening on the cuff provides some contrast to the solid bangle. So I want both...not asking for much, hehe! But I think I will get the bangle first and cuff next since the price increase is looming!

Look forward to seeing your new bracelet!! and.. its so addictive.. 1 is never enough.. im already thinking of a third one :graucho: but of course the piggybank has to heal first:lol: