Cartier LOVE Bracelet Discussion Thread!

Beautybuyerny

Nov 26, 2020
Hi Love owners,

I have been wearing my classic yellow gold Love for a few months now. And like all of you, I love my love! It's such a simple, yet classic and elegant piece that goes with everything! I have noticed some new scratches lately. I know, I know, scratches are unavoidable and they will happen with a piece meant to be worn 24/7. I also don't believe in babying a piece...you're supposed to live with it, which means there will be scratches when I play with my cat, just like there are scratches on my arms. As my SA would say, a Love bracelet is supposed to be a "second skin". With that said, it still hurts to see new scratches every time. :sad: I've been wondering: Would it be worth to "coat" the Love Bracelet with a clear coat specific for jewelry to prevent scratches? Or would it damage the piece? What would be the long-term effect? I came across this product called Liquid-Shield, which is supposed to be a nanocoating technology that is safe on jewelry. But at the same time, the love is different in the sense that we wear it 24/7, sleep, shower, etc in it. Would such coating eventually peel? How can it be removed? Anyway, here is the product. Curious to hear your thoughts!

https://www.liquidshield.co/

loverose

Feb 18, 2021
Hi Love owners,

I have been wearing my classic yellow gold Love for a few months now. And like all of you, I love my love! It's such a simple, yet classic and elegant piece that goes with everything! I have noticed some new scratches lately. I know, I know, scratches are unavoidable and they will happen with a piece meant to be worn 24/7. I also don't believe in babying a piece...you're supposed to live with it, which means there will be scratches when I play with my cat, just like there are scratches on my arms. As my SA would say, a Love bracelet is supposed to be a "second skin". With that said, it still hurts to see new scratches every time. :sad: I've been wondering: Would it be worth to "coat" the Love Bracelet with a clear coat specific for jewelry to prevent scratches? Or would it damage the piece? What would be the long-term effect? I came across this product called Liquid-Shield, which is supposed to be a nanocoating technology that is safe on jewelry. But at the same time, the love is different in the sense that we wear it 24/7, sleep, shower, etc in it. Would such coating eventually peel? How can it be removed? Anyway, here is the product. Curious to hear your thoughts!

https://www.liquidshield.co/
i wouldn’t trust it until they can point to several peer reviewed studies that back up their claims. There isn’t a lot of info on the site which raises many question marks to me. Great in theory though!

Elsadamah

Apr 14, 2021
Hello tpf'ers!

I have a question. I was with my friend and her mother yesterday. I noticed that her mother was wearing a cartier love bracelet. I am pretty sure it's vintage because it looked like platinum with gold screws. Ive been wanting the love bracelet for a long time but just couldn't get over the too yellowy gold and rosy gold. But when i saw my friends mom wearing this bracelet, it looked si chique but not 'in your face' chique. I was wondering if this style is discontinued? Because i just can't seem to find it anywhere else on the cartier website.
I hope someone can help! Thanks very much

Ps: the picture attached is the only one i could find of it...

Attachments

Reactions: GaMomJRM

odette57

O.G.
Jan 3, 2010
California
Hi everyone! I wasn't sure where to post this so I'm doing it here. I have a regular WG love and have worn it for 3 years non stop. It has the new screw and I never had issues with the screw loosening. Pre-pandemic, I stack it with my other bracelets (regular JUC, tennis bracelet, hermes Kelly, CDC, etc). I only had to tighten it for maybe 5 times in the last 3 years.
Last month I bought a RG love 4 diamond to stack with it. Ever since I stacked them, both of them loosened regularly! I had to tighten both of them every other day or so.
Both of them are the same size - 16. I also lost a lot of weight so they sit on my wrists now. Please help what to do? Thank you!! :heart:

ibefit5

Apr 21, 2021
I just purchased a Cartier love bracelet in white gold... I would love to wear it on my left wrist with my Apple Watch... will the Apple Watch scratch the bracelet? I see a lot of discussion about the watch getting scratched (uhm, don’t care), I want to make sure the constant contact between the watch and the bracelet will not damage the bracelet.... Help?

Beautybuyerny

Nov 26, 2020
I just purchased a Cartier love bracelet in white gold... I would love to wear it on my left wrist with my Apple Watch... will the Apple Watch scratch the bracelet? I see a lot of discussion about the watch getting scratched (uhm, don’t care), I want to make sure the constant contact between the watch and the bracelet will not damage the bracelet.... Help?
This is not exactly an answer to your question since I wear the bracelet by itself. For me, less is more and find that the LOVE is more striking when worn alone. But I also dig the stacking that people do...to each their own. With that said, I am learning that the bracelet will scratch no matter what...it's painful, yes, but it's called living. I didn't have many scratches when I was working remotely, but now that I am back in the office, I have noticed several new scratches...when at work, you are tending to, well, work, instead of staring at a shiny bracelet on your wrist all day.:lol: And that's when the scratches happen...when you're not thinking about it. And babying a piece of jewelry is no way to live, so part of the journey is accepting that the love bracelet WILL get scratched.

Breakfast@Chaumet

Sofa King Banned
Apr 25, 2021
Does anyone know if the Cartier polishing service removes a layer of gold? I’m talking about the service where they put some cream on it followed by the ultrasonic machine.

I know the deep polishing service (another type of service offered by Cartier) definitely does remove a layer of gold, but am interested in knowing how the 1st light touch one works.

loverose

Feb 18, 2021
Can anyone point me to a chronology of when each different love bracelet was released? I have had zero luck googling this. Thanks!

range18

Feb 25, 2021
Hi everyone, sorry to bother. A bit off topic but I hope you guys could help me in making my decision slightly. I am currently wearing a size 19 4 diamonds YG Love. And I was going to get a size 18 plain WG JUC for my birthday soon. I just wonder if anyone has a picture of the combination of this stack. Also would a plain YG JUC look better or WG JUC? I am a guy by the way.

LuckyMe14

Jun 5, 2019
Hi everyone, sorry to bother. A bit off topic but I hope you guys could help me in making my decision slightly. I am currently wearing a size 19 4 diamonds YG Love. And I was going to get a size 18 plain WG JUC for my birthday soon. I just wonder if anyone has a picture of the combination of this stack. Also would a plain YG JUC look better or WG JUC? I am a guy by the way.
I personally love a WG JUC on a guy. I would go for that. Have fun with your decision!

Reactions: Chopan and range18